Daily Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 87 , Jul 4, 2003
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Fri, Jul 4, 2003, 10:26am To:
      [openfires] July 4 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      openfires@yahoogroups.com
      To so many, getting up in the morning is the worst way to begin a day.
      To them every morning is the morning after, a time to feel nervous
      anxiety and regret in the deepest sense, while to others morning is a
      new world. Yesterday ceased to be with sleep last night.
      How much better off we'd be if only for a few hours we could put out of
      our minds every painful thought and every unpleasant person until the
      mind and body could find enough new life to begin again.
      "The early morning hath gold in its mouth," wrote Franklin. But it has
      things more precious than gold. It has a life as fresh and sweet as the
      shimmering, clinging dewdrops in the first rays of golden sunlight. It
      has the grace of mimosa leaves rippling in the gentlest breeze. It has
      the songs of the birds and the love of a new awakening.
       And in this breathless creation is something more. A new opportunity,
      another chance, a challenge to walk on, more strong, more forgiving,
      more loving.
      Sleep deep and rest sweet, but rise glad. Don't let one joyful second be
      lost in dead oblivion. This is a vision of newness awaiting even the
      least to arise and accept the best - a new beginning.
      Morning need not be a jury trial for oneself. Dawn and sleep can be a
      miraculous cleansing to set us out on our feet ready to being again and
      in a friendlier atmosphere. We must feel friendly toward ourselves
      before we can possibly find morning good to anyone else.
      An unknown writer once wrote: "Every morning lean thine arms awhile upon
      awhile upon the window sill of heaven, and gaze upon thy Lord, then,
      with the vision in thy heart, turn strong to meet thy day."
      We need to be strong to meet the day with self control, to find our
      reason and purpose, but, more important, to leave behind us the heavy
      and darkened thoughts that kept us from seeing the breath-taking beauty
      of the most important time - this morning.
      Let our objective be our country, our whole country, and nothing but our
      country. And, by the blessing of God, may that country itself become a
      vast and splendid monument, not of oppression and terror, but of wisdom
      and peace and of liberty, upon which the world may gaze with admiration
      forever." Daniel Webster spoke those words, and he knew that America
      would have fine troops, great leaders, and excellent equipment, a
      combination that stands for freedom. Even though freedoms have been
      stretched to the limits in some areas, we operate on the basic premise
      that this is America and it still stands as an example to countries
      everywhere of what it means to be free. President Eisenhower said that
      whatever America hopes to bring to pass in the world must first come to
      pass in the hearts of the American people. It has, and it will as long
      as we ask God to bless America.
      ~ Every part of this soil is sacred in the estimation of my people. ~
      SEATTLE
      "That is not our way, to set yourself apart and talk about who you are
      and what you've done. You let your life speak for you. With the Mohawk
      people, wisdom is how you live and how you interpret what your mother
      and father, what your grandmothers and grandfathers have told you about
      this world - and then how you interpret that into the fact of living
      every day."
      --Tom Porter, MOHAWK
      It is said, how you live your life makes so much noise that people can't
      hear what you are saying anyway. It is so easy to see people who do not
      walk the talk.
      Creator,
      I ask you today to help me be humble.
      Let me spend the day listening.
      Help me to not brag or gossip.
      Help me today not to do those things
      that seek attention or approval from others.
      I am only accountable to You, Oh Great Spirit.
      You will tell me the things I need to know.
      Let me learn the lessons from my Elders.
      Let me teach the children by example.
      Today,
      let me walk
      the talk.
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 31, 2003
        Hi All Donna will be posting the daily Meditation starting tomorrow i
        will be on a vacation for until Sept 4th thank you Donna ~Will miss you
        all ~Have a good summer Hugs~~~~~~~>Jeanne

        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 30, 2003, 10:01am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 30 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        We pray for a change, we hope for a change, but we wait impatiently. Is
        God not hearing us? We asked. Where is the answers?
        If our prayers were suddenly answered, would we be ready? Or would we
        look behind us for the familiar things, the people, the habits, the
        routine?
        If we were instantly healed, instantly prospered, instantly sought after
        and loved, then what would we do? Attention, compassion and self-pity
        are sometimes more important than having everything changed for the
        better. The fear of being without something to keep us working with the
        same burden, dealing with familiar pain, can stop us from knowing what
        it is to be free and well.
        If we can envision life without a particular problem we can turn our
        minds to real change and have it happen. If we can see change, receive
        it, and know the joy, then gratitude and thanksgiving sets it in place.
        We talk about choosing our friends, but true friends are self-selected.
        It is they who decide to respond and by what method. And finally they
        make themselves our friends by being loyal and having a genuine concern
        for our well being - or allowing privacy when it is needed.
        Acquaintances wait and judge. And sometimes it is better to be
        acquaintances when we cannot find a common ground on which to be
        friends. There is honesty in admitting we cannot be dear friends to all
        people. But there is always something special. A friend is a unali -
        without question or fear or concern for equal time. This is why friends
        are dear to us. They have chosen to be so.
        ~ The white man does not obey the Great Spirit; that is why the Indian
        never could agree with him. ~
        FLYING HAWK
        "You want to know who's a real medicine man? He's the one who doesn't
        say 'I'm a medicine man.' He doesn't ask you to come to him. You've got
        to go and ask him. And you'll find he's always there among his own
        people."
        --Louis Farmer, ONONDAGA
        The Medicine Man is a role model of what it is like to live in harmony
        and balance with the Creator. It takes a long time, a lot of sacrifice
        and discipline to become a Medicine Man. A Medicine Man is humble and
        never crass about anything. He knows he lives to do the will of the
        Great Spirit. He knows he is to help the people. He lives very low key -
        the more low key he lives, the more people seek him out - and such is
        life. The more one serves the people and is quiet about it, the more he
        is sought out. The quieter he is, the more powerful is his medicine.
        Great Spirit,
        allow me this day
        to be humble.
        Allow me this day