Daily Meditation~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 92 , Jul 3 1:05 PM
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Thu, Jul 3, 2003, 1:22am To:
      [openfires] July 3 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      openfires@yahoogroups.com
      In the frantic search for something that has meaning to life, we have a
      tendency to do a thing simply because everyone else is doing it. It
      becomes a "thing," a fad that must be done to keep on the inside circle.
      There's little originality, little thought, but a lot of following along
      in beaten paths.
      It is a mistaken idea to believe that all I see with my eyes and the
      limits of my thinking are the limits of the world. There is a tremendous
      interesting world out there never before investigated, and I am an
      individual like no one else.
      It is quite marvelous to break through the shell of the middling and to
      discover the ability to see and feel, and to hear more keenly. Suddenly,
      I can feel more kindly, not because of who I am on this earth, but
      because I'm a child of God.
      I can see more color, more light, more vision because I'm not being
      shown, I'm discovering. My world is no longer based on passing fancies,
      but on lasting built slowly within me, with love.
      We are always rich when we have courage. It is not the circumstance in
      which we find ourselves but how we handle it that makes the difference.
      If nothing ever challenged us we might not know our strength - we might
      never feel the power to overcome something that gives us courage to
      tackle another o ta li, mountain. Giving up does not come on us
      suddenly, but we cultivate it on a daily basis. Everything, success or
      failure - or even mediocrity - settles on us as we get ready for it.
      When we think and talk failure, it happens. When we think we can do
      something, we can do it. It takes as much effort to lose as it does to
      win - sometimes more. But to think courage, to think strength, is the
      breath of life.
      ~ Why don't you talk and go straight and all will be well? ~
      BLACK KETTLE
      "When you are in the woods, you cannot ever be lost. You are surrounded
      by friends and surrounded by God."
      --Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE
      Every plant, every animal, every insect, every bird, every tree is made
      up of God. God is life and everything is alive. When you are hunting,
      remember all nature is your friend. All nature has purpose. All nature
      participates in the life cycle. Nature communicates; Nature talks;
      Nature listens; Nature forgives; Nature respects; Nature loves. Nature
      lives in harmony. Nature follows the law. Nature is kind. Nature is
      balance. The woods are alive and beautiful. She is our friend.
      Great Spirit,
      let me honor
      and respect
      the forest