Daily Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 87 , Jun 17, 2003
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Tue, Jun 17, 2003, 11:08am To:
      [openfires] June 17 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      openfires@yahoogroups.com
      Aim high, even though it seems at the moment you'll never reach that
      cherished dream. It is your duty to lift yourself above mediocrity. And
      if you're afraid your dream will sound foolish, then don't talk about
      it, work for it.
      Some dreams have gossamer wings, too fragile to discuss. We can be so
      zealous about our plans that we talk away the mystery and lose interest
      in the things we've begun. Zeal can burn itself out in one, quick,
      bright flame, or it can be nurtured into strength that is the basis for
      greatness.
      If dreams have substance, then they may well come true. And if they are
      in line with the law of good, then there will be someone who want to
      help. To have the desire to do something that will benefit others, the
      desire to serve, is to have a dream with solid possibilities.
      The aims, then, must be deserving as to become duties. It falls to
      certain individuals to develop a gift and to use it in helping other
      people. As German philosopher Immanuel Kant has written, "What are the
      aims which are at the same time duties? They are the perfecting of
      ourselves and the happiness of others."
      June 17 - Daily Feast
      How would we feel, what would se be doing or thinking if we are not in
      this situation? Strange as it sounds, these are questions that can guide
      us our of a place that is testing us severely. Just focusing outside a
      limited position helps us to see ourselves delivered and well. We must
      see it by using the same what-if that is so easy for us in negative
      ways. E gi ya ni ha, we are called, says the Cherokee, to use all our
      mental and spiritual resources to see ourselves free. It is never that
      we are sick and trying to get well - but that we are well and something
      is trying to make us sick. If we have a problem with a positive vision,
      then we can go back to being a child. Children have no trouble
      pretending. It is fun, it is joyful, and it raises the level of
      awareness to a healthy high so the body and mind can take over and
      restore and renew.
      ~ House made of dawn....restore my feet to me....Happily I
      recover.....my interior becomes cool....As it used to be.....I
      walk.....In beauty it is finished. ~
      NAVAJO PRAYER
      Elder's Meditation of the Day June 17
      "Your power comes from the songs."
      --Ethel Wilson, COWICHAN
      If you do not know any of the songs, ask an Elder to teach you. Get
      yourself a drum. When you sing a song and play the drum, you'll be
      surprised how your mind, body, and spirit will react. Everything becomes
      calm and joyful. Our bodies love the songs. The songs allow us to touch
      the hand of the Creator. When we sing and touch the Great Spirit's hand,
      He gives us power. Songs are another way to pray.
      My Grandfather,
      teach me
      a song
      today.
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 31, 2003
        Hi All Donna will be posting the daily Meditation starting tomorrow i
        will be on a vacation for until Sept 4th thank you Donna ~Will miss you
        all ~Have a good summer Hugs~~~~~~~>Jeanne

        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 30, 2003, 10:01am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 30 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        We pray for a change, we hope for a change, but we wait impatiently. Is
        God not hearing us? We asked. Where is the answers?
        If our prayers were suddenly answered, would we be ready? Or would we
        look behind us for the familiar things, the people, the habits, the
        routine?
        If we were instantly healed, instantly prospered, instantly sought after
        and loved, then what would we do? Attention, compassion and self-pity
        are sometimes more important than having everything changed for the
        better. The fear of being without something to keep us working with the
        same burden, dealing with familiar pain, can stop us from knowing what
        it is to be free and well.
        If we can envision life without a particular problem we can turn our
        minds to real change and have it happen. If we can see change, receive
        it, and know the joy, then gratitude and thanksgiving sets it in place.
        We talk about choosing our friends, but true friends are self-selected.
        It is they who decide to respond and by what method. And finally they
        make themselves our friends by being loyal and having a genuine concern
        for our well being - or allowing privacy when it is needed.
        Acquaintances wait and judge. And sometimes it is better to be
        acquaintances when we cannot find a common ground on which to be
        friends. There is honesty in admitting we cannot be dear friends to all
        people. But there is always something special. A friend is a unali -
        without question or fear or concern for equal time. This is why friends
        are dear to us. They have chosen to be so.
        ~ The white man does not obey the Great Spirit; that is why the Indian
        never could agree with him. ~
        FLYING HAWK
        "You want to know who's a real medicine man? He's the one who doesn't
        say 'I'm a medicine man.' He doesn't ask you to come to him. You've got
        to go and ask him. And you'll find he's always there among his own
        people."
        --Louis Farmer, ONONDAGA
        The Medicine Man is a role model of what it is like to live in harmony
        and balance with the Creator. It takes a long time, a lot of sacrifice
        and discipline to become a Medicine Man. A Medicine Man is humble and
        never crass about anything. He knows he lives to do the will of the
        Great Spirit. He knows he is to help the people. He lives very low key -
        the more low key he lives, the more people seek him out - and such is
        life. The more one serves the people and is quiet about it, the more he
        is sought out. The quieter he is, the more powerful is his medicine.
        Great Spirit,
        allow me this day
        to be humble.
        Allow me this day