Daily Meditation~~~~>

    Message 1 of 130 , Jun 15, 2003
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Sat, Jun 14, 2003, 9:49am To:
      [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] June 14 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      To have the desire to quit in the face of despair is not a new story. As
      long as time, people have wanted to give up when something hindered
      their progress. But such adversity is sometimes the right time for
      people to become acquainted with themselves.
      It has been written that a smooth sea does not make a skillful mariner.
      The storms of human life, like those of the seas, awaken us to
      sharpening our abilities and strengthening us to overcome these present
      storms to the point where we seldom have to face them again. Most of
      living is a lesson, and the sooner we learn to study and develop the
      sooner we are rid of the teacher.
      But in the words of Jeremy Taylor, "It is impossible for that man to
      despair who remembers that his Helper is omnipotent." And it is
      impossible for people not to progress if they acknowledge their Helper
      in the most minute details of their lives.
      Prepared for the worst? Forget it! Only worry prepares for the worst. If
      problems come to you, meet them with courage when they arrive. And worry
      has never produced courage. Faith produces courage, and keeps us from
      crossing all those unnecessary bridges. In fact, we cross bridges that
      have never been in existence, and have no strength except that which we
      give them by constant preparation for something that isn't good.
      Promise yourself to cross no bridges this day except those you find
      immediately before you. And nine times out of ten they will lead only to
      happiness.
      June 14 - Daily Feast
      This is the age of questioning. Nothing can be accepted at face-value
      the way it once was. A man's word has been broken so many times that we
      are convinced no one can be trusted. But such evidence is not always
      true. Emotions and unrestrained imagination makes us assume that certain
      people are not trustworthy. If we are going on hearsay we are in no
      position to judge. When enough time has passed we will know what is
      true. Until then it is wise to withhold opinions and refuse to believe
      the worst of anyone - even if something has given us reason to be
      suspicious. The loss is too great to a da du hi s to di, to accuse or
      make a charge against people, without knowing if it is true.
      ~ You have come here to buy this country of ours, and it would be well
      if you came....with the price in your hand. ~
      STANDING ELK
      Elder's Meditation of the Day June 14
      "The basis of knowledge is the fire, rock, water, and green. But when
      that power was given to man, he used it to twist his own mind.
      Tunkashila gave man just one drop of that wisdom."
      --Wallace Black Elk, LAKOTA
      All of Nature has the wisdom to follow the Natural Laws. All of Nature
      knows how to live in harmony and use this wisdom in a good way, with
      exception of the human being. Often we misuse this wisdom. Wisdom always
      remains with those who use it in the proper way. Nature has used this
      wisdom well, so now we need to go to Her so we humans can relearn and
      change our lives. May we start doing this today, before it is too late.
      Creator,
      let me
      be open
      to the lessons
      that Nature
      can teach me.
      Message 130 of 130 , Jul 23, 2003
        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 23, 2003, 9:08am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 23 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        How weak-willed we are at times when we've made a decision and know we
        must stand on it. It is so much easier to give in to the easy way of
        doing things.
        We are almost a "house divided against itself," and the strain of
        staying with a decision seems almost our enemy. But we never gain much
        stature by giving in to ourselves against our better judgement. And we
        never get anywhere by scattering our efforts.
        Making a decision is difficult enough without losing one's determination
        in following through. Laying down the responsibility is someone like
        warning children to behave themselves and then permitting them to
        continue to misbehave.
        How long has it been since you've proven to yourself that you mean
        business in carrying out a plan?
        A man of wisdom has written that we have firmness of character when we
        have the ability to say "no" to the wrong as well as to those things
        which are good but stand in the way of our progress.
        Always remember that to want something that is good and right is the
        blessing. God gave us that ability to desire or we would never have
        thought of using it. But God also gave us the ability to cry, to feel
        pain, and the freedom to choose whether we go on or quit.
        In our lives we face many decisions. Some are hard to make because we
        know we must turn our backs upon something that seems harmless at the
        moment simply because we know it would not be good in the long run.
        But there are also decisions that are more challenge than decision. They
        are the good things that are placed before us, and our will to follow
        through is tested. When defeat seems sure, then is the time to begin to
        fight. When others are quitting, then is the time to throw more strength
        into the battle. Anything worth having is worth working for, and is of
        lasting value.
        Very often these sieges must be made silently and without seeming
        effort. And yet we know we cannot get something for nothing. We have a
        service to perform. We can make it a drudge, or we can make it a
        delightful experience, according to our faith. Be persistent. Unless you
        do not particularly want your dreams to come true, you can't afford to
        know the meaning of apathy. You must continually be on the scene with
        the muscles of your mind toned.
        It isn't difficult to have a dream. But it often ceases at that point.
        The willingness to follow through, the determination to look
        impossibilities in the eye and trudge on must be practiced before that
        dream can amount to anything.
        All along life's road there are those who would discourage you, every
        often in ignorance, not realizing the effect of their words upon you. It
        is then that you must muster the strength to believe that theirs is only
        an opinion while your plans are based on the principle that all good
        things come to those who hustle while they wait.
        It is too bad that they cannot see your invisible companions,
        persistence, faith, and a worthwhile plan. Smile and walk on.
        There is a Divine Being with whom we can place all our obstacles, all
        our doubts and fears - and then our work begins. We give lovingly of
        friendship, of any kind of help that we are capable of giving, of
        positive words and thoughts and understanding.
        Give without thought of return. For while we are giving with loving
        selflessness, life shapes for us our heart's desire.
        Much is lost through misunderstanding - and often because we want
        someone to know we are angry. We choose to think they intentionally
        displease us, though we know nothing of their circumstance of what their
        thoughts really were. It must be an ego-building thing to believe that
        someone is trying to offend us. Somehow it gives an importance where
        there had been none. We have the uncanny knack of building a sad story
        with such realism that it makes us think we are more important than we
        are. It is not enjoyable to be the kind of person who wants to
        misunderstand - not only other people, but also life itself. It is
        painful to be unhappy and disagreeable, but some cannot resist the
        temptation.
        ~ It has come to me through the bushes that you are not united
        (agreeable); come to me when you are united. ~
        BIG BEAR
        "...the greatest strength is in gentleness."
        --Leon Shenandoah, ONONDAGA
        Our Elders have taught us many lessons about becoming a Warrior and how
        to think and act like one. We have been told about the power of
        gentleness. We have been told about the power of the stillness. Physical
        power is about effort. Mental power is the opposite. It's about being
        effortless or less any effort. Gentleness is one of the greatest
        attributes of the Warrior and one of the greatest mental powers. It
        takes a lot of love to be gentle. Gentleness is not an ego word.
        Gentleness is the weapon of the Great Spirit.
        My Creator,
        today I will be gentle
        with myself
        and with others.