Daily Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 87 , Jun 13, 2003
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Fri, Jun 13, 2003, 8:21am To:
      [openfires] June 13 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      openfires@yahoogroups.com
      Do you want to know the truth about worry? It hits everyone. It is not
      an ailment just for weaklings or cowards. Worry is the cat you throw out
      only to have it back in before you can close the door.
      Worry has another side. It proves we care very much, and that we
      appreciate our God-given gifts and loved ones. In a way, it is a sign of
      strength, for if we can turn it to faith, then faith can be just as
      strong. And to overcome worry, or to at least control it, there must be
      faith.
      Faith, and the knowledge that if you could be in all the places,
      watching closely all the things about which you are concerned, you
      couldn't do a tenth as much good as one simple prayer.
      We are taught, "Be not anxious," "Fear not," and "Be not afraid," and
      too quickly we become anxious, fearful, and very frightened. But even
      then we have only to put worry to flight by remembering those quieting
      words that are so absolutely true, "Be still and know that I am God."
      Recently we had a summer storm. It was rumbling and heavy with darkness.
      The lightning flashed across the sky, and trees bent back and forth in
      the uncertain currents. When the first huge drops of rain spattered
      across the walks and lawns, our thoughts turned to the safety of anyone
      or anything that might be caught out in the wind and rain.
      We've been through many summer storms. Some of them left permanent marks
      upon our memories. The threatening, the darkness, the pressure of the
      atmosphere are not so different from the emotional storms of the human
      life. We see lives under pressure bend to and fro in the uncertainty of
      life. We know concern for the safety of those who experience emotional
      storms. Then we know the only answer is in God's hands. There is no
      other way.
      The good earth rights itself quickly after a storm. Nature comes forth
      more richly for having gone through the storm, and the scars are lost in
      new growth. And blessed are we when we lift ourselves up to a new,
      deeper radiance and peace.
      June 13 - Daily Feast
      Part of the world's problem with education is that common sense cannot
      be taught. It is not a result of education but exists in spite of it. If
      something is missing in the handling of ordinary problems, it is usually
      common sense. Many are blessed with extraordinary charisma, the gift of
      grace or special qualities the Cherokee calls a da to li s di. But to be
      used to any degree, charisma must backed by practical wisdom - common
      sense. We can be ready for anything and equal to anything if we are
      infused with the inner inspiration to develop common sense. The genius
      may know he has a fine mind, but common sense is needed to manage it.
      ~ While the Indians received us as friends, and listened with kind
      attention to our propositions, we were painfully impressed with their
      lack of confidence in the pledge of the Government. ~
      1876 PRESIDENTIAL COMMISSION REPORT
      Elder's Meditation of the Day June 13
      "We have and old saying, Everything living must die. Only the rocks and
      mountains are forever."
      --Archie Fire Lame Deer, LAKOTA
      The Creator designed all life to happen in a circle. For example, the
      cycle of life for the human being is Baby, Youth, Adult, Elder, then we
      die. The trees and the leaves happen in a circle; the leaves bud, then
      the leaves mature, next the leaves change color and at last they fall
      off the tree to return to the Mother Earth. The birds bear their young,
      raise their young, then they die. The salmon are born, swim to the
      ocean, live their lives, swim back to the spawning grounds, then die.
      All aspects of the Life Cycle should be honored.
      Great Spirit,
      today,
      let me
      enjoy
      today.
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 31, 2003
        Hi All Donna will be posting the daily Meditation starting tomorrow i
        will be on a vacation for until Sept 4th thank you Donna ~Will miss you
        all ~Have a good summer Hugs~~~~~~~>Jeanne

        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 30, 2003, 10:01am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 30 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        We pray for a change, we hope for a change, but we wait impatiently. Is
        God not hearing us? We asked. Where is the answers?
        If our prayers were suddenly answered, would we be ready? Or would we
        look behind us for the familiar things, the people, the habits, the
        routine?
        If we were instantly healed, instantly prospered, instantly sought after
        and loved, then what would we do? Attention, compassion and self-pity
        are sometimes more important than having everything changed for the
        better. The fear of being without something to keep us working with the
        same burden, dealing with familiar pain, can stop us from knowing what
        it is to be free and well.
        If we can envision life without a particular problem we can turn our
        minds to real change and have it happen. If we can see change, receive
        it, and know the joy, then gratitude and thanksgiving sets it in place.
        We talk about choosing our friends, but true friends are self-selected.
        It is they who decide to respond and by what method. And finally they
        make themselves our friends by being loyal and having a genuine concern
        for our well being - or allowing privacy when it is needed.
        Acquaintances wait and judge. And sometimes it is better to be
        acquaintances when we cannot find a common ground on which to be
        friends. There is honesty in admitting we cannot be dear friends to all
        people. But there is always something special. A friend is a unali -
        without question or fear or concern for equal time. This is why friends
        are dear to us. They have chosen to be so.
        ~ The white man does not obey the Great Spirit; that is why the Indian
        never could agree with him. ~
        FLYING HAWK
        "You want to know who's a real medicine man? He's the one who doesn't
        say 'I'm a medicine man.' He doesn't ask you to come to him. You've got
        to go and ask him. And you'll find he's always there among his own
        people."
        --Louis Farmer, ONONDAGA
        The Medicine Man is a role model of what it is like to live in harmony
        and balance with the Creator. It takes a long time, a lot of sacrifice
        and discipline to become a Medicine Man. A Medicine Man is humble and
        never crass about anything. He knows he lives to do the will of the
        Great Spirit. He knows he is to help the people. He lives very low key -
        the more low key he lives, the more people seek him out - and such is
        life. The more one serves the people and is quiet about it, the more he
        is sought out. The quieter he is, the more powerful is his medicine.
        Great Spirit,
        allow me this day
        to be humble.
        Allow me this day