Daily Meditation~~~~>

    Message 1 of 130 , Jun 10, 2003
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Tue, Jun 10, 2003, 9:44am To:
      [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] June 10 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      In every society there always seem to be people who feel it their duty
      to read the riot act to whomever, in their opinion, is in need of it at
      the moment. Come be my friend until I have time to let you know the
      things you're doing wrong. This is a committee of one, in all my busy
      days....taking time to straighten out all who are not conforming to my
      ideas.
      Who, in all the world, has so much wisdom as to consider themselves so
      forever right....to be capable of such certainty as to what another
      person should do. And even if they should be right, who commissioned
      them in all their wisdom to speak the words that have such power to
      wither a spirit.
      When the world has so much hurt, why should one voice be raised against
      another who has not spoken an unkind word in its direction. When even
      the strongest is so in need of compassion and love, why is one voice,
      sharp edged and driven deep, allowed to speak.
      Our words can build or destroy. And we never really know just when
      something we say may make a decision for someone else, to give them
      courage or further dear. But God help all who have not learned that the
      words we speak come back to us.....many times.
      June 10 - Daily Feast
      Ideas are like eggs in an incubator. They must be kept warm and
      protected until they have grown enough to hatch. Our need to go wo ni
      ha, talk on and on, can do away with a promising situation before it has
      ever had time to take form. Left to develop, it may have been a great
      blessing to many - but tampering with it in our belief that we can do
      anything and say anything aborts it. There is a time to speak and a time
      to keep silent, but it takes wisdom to know the time. Most things can
      only stand one telling, and it had better be where it stands a chance to
      survive. Until that time, don't talk, don't count.
      ~ Grandfather, Great Spirit, once more behold me on earth and learn to
      hear my feeble voice. ~
      BLACK ELK
      Elder's Meditation of the Day June 10
      "Each day, whatever I am doing, I am always praying and thinking of
      God."
      --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
      Have you ever tries going through your day and carrying on a
      conversation with the Creator? Many of our Elders live in prayer. They
      talk to the Creator like the Creator is their best friend. It is easiest
      to do this if we pray in the morning and ask the Great Spirit to direct
      our thinking. When the Creator in involved in guiding our lives, we will
      have less stress, anxiety and tension. Maybe this is something we would
      like to try today. "Oh, Creator, look at the Sun, how beautiful you have
      made it. Oh, look at this child, isn't she just beautiful! Well,
      Creator, I'm not sure how I should do this task, what do you think? This
      person is starting to irritate me; I need your help to redirect my
      thinking. Thanks for returning me to a peaceful mind." Remember, the
      Creator also has a sense of humor.
      Grandfather,
      Grandmother,
      let me
      walk
      in prayer.
      Message 130 of 130 , Jul 23, 2003
        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 23, 2003, 9:08am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 23 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        How weak-willed we are at times when we've made a decision and know we
        must stand on it. It is so much easier to give in to the easy way of
        doing things.
        We are almost a "house divided against itself," and the strain of
        staying with a decision seems almost our enemy. But we never gain much
        stature by giving in to ourselves against our better judgement. And we
        never get anywhere by scattering our efforts.
        Making a decision is difficult enough without losing one's determination
        in following through. Laying down the responsibility is someone like
        warning children to behave themselves and then permitting them to
        continue to misbehave.
        How long has it been since you've proven to yourself that you mean
        business in carrying out a plan?
        A man of wisdom has written that we have firmness of character when we
        have the ability to say "no" to the wrong as well as to those things
        which are good but stand in the way of our progress.
        Always remember that to want something that is good and right is the
        blessing. God gave us that ability to desire or we would never have
        thought of using it. But God also gave us the ability to cry, to feel
        pain, and the freedom to choose whether we go on or quit.
        In our lives we face many decisions. Some are hard to make because we
        know we must turn our backs upon something that seems harmless at the
        moment simply because we know it would not be good in the long run.
        But there are also decisions that are more challenge than decision. They
        are the good things that are placed before us, and our will to follow
        through is tested. When defeat seems sure, then is the time to begin to
        fight. When others are quitting, then is the time to throw more strength
        into the battle. Anything worth having is worth working for, and is of
        lasting value.
        Very often these sieges must be made silently and without seeming
        effort. And yet we know we cannot get something for nothing. We have a
        service to perform. We can make it a drudge, or we can make it a
        delightful experience, according to our faith. Be persistent. Unless you
        do not particularly want your dreams to come true, you can't afford to
        know the meaning of apathy. You must continually be on the scene with
        the muscles of your mind toned.
        It isn't difficult to have a dream. But it often ceases at that point.
        The willingness to follow through, the determination to look
        impossibilities in the eye and trudge on must be practiced before that
        dream can amount to anything.
        All along life's road there are those who would discourage you, every
        often in ignorance, not realizing the effect of their words upon you. It
        is then that you must muster the strength to believe that theirs is only
        an opinion while your plans are based on the principle that all good
        things come to those who hustle while they wait.
        It is too bad that they cannot see your invisible companions,
        persistence, faith, and a worthwhile plan. Smile and walk on.
        There is a Divine Being with whom we can place all our obstacles, all
        our doubts and fears - and then our work begins. We give lovingly of
        friendship, of any kind of help that we are capable of giving, of
        positive words and thoughts and understanding.
        Give without thought of return. For while we are giving with loving
        selflessness, life shapes for us our heart's desire.
        Much is lost through misunderstanding - and often because we want
        someone to know we are angry. We choose to think they intentionally
        displease us, though we know nothing of their circumstance of what their
        thoughts really were. It must be an ego-building thing to believe that
        someone is trying to offend us. Somehow it gives an importance where
        there had been none. We have the uncanny knack of building a sad story
        with such realism that it makes us think we are more important than we
        are. It is not enjoyable to be the kind of person who wants to
        misunderstand - not only other people, but also life itself. It is
        painful to be unhappy and disagreeable, but some cannot resist the
        temptation.
        ~ It has come to me through the bushes that you are not united
        (agreeable); come to me when you are united. ~
        BIG BEAR
        "...the greatest strength is in gentleness."
        --Leon Shenandoah, ONONDAGA
        Our Elders have taught us many lessons about becoming a Warrior and how
        to think and act like one. We have been told about the power of
        gentleness. We have been told about the power of the stillness. Physical
        power is about effort. Mental power is the opposite. It's about being
        effortless or less any effort. Gentleness is one of the greatest
        attributes of the Warrior and one of the greatest mental powers. It
        takes a lot of love to be gentle. Gentleness is not an ego word.
        Gentleness is the weapon of the Great Spirit.
        My Creator,
        today I will be gentle
        with myself
        and with others.