Daily Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 87 , May 23 11:02 AM
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Fri, May 23, 2003, 9:22am To:
      [openfires] May 23 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      openfires@yahoogroups.com
      It has been said that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. But it is
      even truer that there is no hell more furious than those human beings
      who feel scorn within themselves for themselves. It is natural but
      painful for those who do not know the meaning of love to find fault and
      grief within their own existence. Unable to accept the blame for their
      actions, there is a continual search for the cause in other people.
      How can we tell what point in life others am have reached in their
      development? We can only see and sense the pain that some carry while
      they learn the way. If it is impossible to get along with them, we
      should get along without them, but condemning them will never turn the
      tide.
      Understanding of others and of ourselves has been a great human need for
      all time. The fact that we do not look with a critical eye, pecking away
      in constant irritation at another's faults, but give some sign of
      friendliness, some patience for rebellious spirits, may serve as the
      turning point for that spirit. And to try for such understanding does no
      harm for the one who makes the effort.
      May 23 - Daily Feast
      Pride so often makes it hard for us to ask forgiveness. Instead of
      saying we are sorry for a mistake, it is easier on the pride to pretend
      it did not happen and quickly change our behavior. Words are important
      in love and forgiveness - and courage. It is good to hear them - better
      to speak them. Forgiveness is not just to make someone else feel better
      about us but to help us think better of ourselves. To make amends, set
      things straight, is go tlv so di, to change - not just outwardly for
      effect but inwardly for good reason. When we forgive someone we stop
      resenting them. It takes a little while longer to forget - and even
      longer to forgive ourselves for having been so foolish.
      ~ We want to keep peace. Will you help us? ~
      CHIEF RED CLOUD,  1870
      Elder's Meditation of the Day May 23
      "To me, if you're Indian, you're Indian. You don't have to put on your
      buckskin, beads, and feathers, and stuff like that."
      --Cecilia Mitchell, MOHAWK
      The most important thing that determines who we are is on our insides,
      not our outsides. If we are Indian inside, that's all that matters.
      Being Indian means to think right, to be spiritual and to pray. Feathers
      and beads don't make us Indian. Being Indian means to have a good heart
      and a good mind.
      Great Spirit,
      today,
      let me
       think
      Indian.
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 31, 2003
        Hi All Donna will be posting the daily Meditation starting tomorrow i
        will be on a vacation for until Sept 4th thank you Donna ~Will miss you
        all ~Have a good summer Hugs~~~~~~~>Jeanne

        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 30, 2003, 10:01am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 30 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        We pray for a change, we hope for a change, but we wait impatiently. Is
        God not hearing us? We asked. Where is the answers?
        If our prayers were suddenly answered, would we be ready? Or would we
        look behind us for the familiar things, the people, the habits, the
        routine?
        If we were instantly healed, instantly prospered, instantly sought after
        and loved, then what would we do? Attention, compassion and self-pity
        are sometimes more important than having everything changed for the
        better. The fear of being without something to keep us working with the
        same burden, dealing with familiar pain, can stop us from knowing what
        it is to be free and well.
        If we can envision life without a particular problem we can turn our
        minds to real change and have it happen. If we can see change, receive
        it, and know the joy, then gratitude and thanksgiving sets it in place.
        We talk about choosing our friends, but true friends are self-selected.
        It is they who decide to respond and by what method. And finally they
        make themselves our friends by being loyal and having a genuine concern
        for our well being - or allowing privacy when it is needed.
        Acquaintances wait and judge. And sometimes it is better to be
        acquaintances when we cannot find a common ground on which to be
        friends. There is honesty in admitting we cannot be dear friends to all
        people. But there is always something special. A friend is a unali -
        without question or fear or concern for equal time. This is why friends
        are dear to us. They have chosen to be so.
        ~ The white man does not obey the Great Spirit; that is why the Indian
        never could agree with him. ~
        FLYING HAWK
        "You want to know who's a real medicine man? He's the one who doesn't
        say 'I'm a medicine man.' He doesn't ask you to come to him. You've got
        to go and ask him. And you'll find he's always there among his own
        people."
        --Louis Farmer, ONONDAGA
        The Medicine Man is a role model of what it is like to live in harmony
        and balance with the Creator. It takes a long time, a lot of sacrifice
        and discipline to become a Medicine Man. A Medicine Man is humble and
        never crass about anything. He knows he lives to do the will of the
        Great Spirit. He knows he is to help the people. He lives very low key -
        the more low key he lives, the more people seek him out - and such is
        life. The more one serves the people and is quiet about it, the more he
        is sought out. The quieter he is, the more powerful is his medicine.
        Great Spirit,
        allow me this day
        to be humble.
        Allow me this day