Daily Meditation~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 92 , May 20, 2003
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Mon, May 19, 2003, 7:48am To:
      [openfires] May 19 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      openfires@yahoogroups.com
      If you don't know what to do about a situation - wait awhile, the answer
      will come. If weariness overcomes you before you've completed a
      difficult job, wait awhile, you'll get your second wind.
      If you do not agree with someone else's philosophy, don't fret, perhaps
      later you will come to know that the same philosophy can be reached from
      many different directions.
      If you think the activities of another person or group are frivolous and
      unnecessary, wait a bit, they most likely will feel the same way about
      you sometime.
      If you don't like what others have to say, wait, they may clarify it -
      or you may change your mind.
      If life hasn't dished you unhappiness, wait a bit, if you've planted any
      happiness seeds, you will also reap.
      We can't always wait, but sometimes waiting is action, and action of the
      hardest kind. It is difficult to keep quiet when you have something to
      say, but it more often saves your face later and sometimes your life.
      May 19 - Daily Feast
      If there is one thing that scares us, it is the thought that any part of
      life has been wasted. We look back and ask why we let it happen - what
      was so important that it could steal our youth, our strength, our
      capacity to be somebody - to just be happy. Is it too late to begin
      again? Never. It may be with a different set of rules, a standard of
      values that has changed drastically, but begin again? Yes. Many have
      started over and have had more happiness and contentment in a short time
      than in all of what is known as the wasted years. Anyone who has ever
      traveled a trail of tears wishes they had known then what they know now.
      But we did not know, and life is not lived by hindsight. We did what we
      knew to do - sometimes with great ignorance. But if we know the
      difference now and want to begin again - then why not? And why not now?
      ~ Years of trial and anxiety, of danger and struggle, have maintained
      the ....Cherokee people as a distinct community....and such must
      continue. ~
      CHIEF JOHN ROSS
      Elder's Meditation of the Day May 19
      "To be able to greet the sun with the sounds from all of Nature is a
      great blessing, and it helps us to remember Who is the real provider of
      all of our benefits."
      --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
      The Elders say we should pray to the East every morning. Just try it!
      Get up early in the morning, watch the sun and listen to the morning
      sounds, the birds, the winds; smell the air, feel the breeze and the
      warmth of the sun. Your mid will expand and you will experience oneness
      with the Great Spirit. You'll realize who is really in charge. You'll
      realize an interconnectedness. You'll realize how much the Creator loves
      you! Just try it!
      Great Spirit,
      today,
      let me feel
      the Earth,
      the Father Sun
      and your presence.
      Message 92 of 92 , Jul 3, 2003
        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Thu, Jul 3, 2003, 1:22am To:
        [openfires] July 3 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        openfires@yahoogroups.com
        In the frantic search for something that has meaning to life, we have a
        tendency to do a thing simply because everyone else is doing it. It
        becomes a "thing," a fad that must be done to keep on the inside circle.
        There's little originality, little thought, but a lot of following along
        in beaten paths.
        It is a mistaken idea to believe that all I see with my eyes and the
        limits of my thinking are the limits of the world. There is a tremendous
        interesting world out there never before investigated, and I am an
        individual like no one else.
        It is quite marvelous to break through the shell of the middling and to
        discover the ability to see and feel, and to hear more keenly. Suddenly,
        I can feel more kindly, not because of who I am on this earth, but
        because I'm a child of God.
        I can see more color, more light, more vision because I'm not being
        shown, I'm discovering. My world is no longer based on passing fancies,
        but on lasting built slowly within me, with love.
        We are always rich when we have courage. It is not the circumstance in
        which we find ourselves but how we handle it that makes the difference.
        If nothing ever challenged us we might not know our strength - we might
        never feel the power to overcome something that gives us courage to
        tackle another o ta li, mountain. Giving up does not come on us
        suddenly, but we cultivate it on a daily basis. Everything, success or
        failure - or even mediocrity - settles on us as we get ready for it.
        When we think and talk failure, it happens. When we think we can do
        something, we can do it. It takes as much effort to lose as it does to
        win - sometimes more. But to think courage, to think strength, is the
        breath of life.
        ~ Why don't you talk and go straight and all will be well? ~
        BLACK KETTLE
        "When you are in the woods, you cannot ever be lost. You are surrounded
        by friends and surrounded by God."
        --Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE
        Every plant, every animal, every insect, every bird, every tree is made
        up of God. God is life and everything is alive. When you are hunting,
        remember all nature is your friend. All nature has purpose. All nature
        participates in the life cycle. Nature communicates; Nature talks;
        Nature listens; Nature forgives; Nature respects; Nature loves. Nature
        lives in harmony. Nature follows the law. Nature is kind. Nature is
        balance. The woods are alive and beautiful. She is our friend.
        Great Spirit,
        let me honor
        and respect
        the forest