Daily Meditation~~~~>

    Message 1 of 130 , May 15, 2003
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Thu, May 15, 2003, 8:47am To:
      [openfires] May 15 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      openfires@yahoogroups.com
      Whenever we stop to consider where we are on the road of life, we might
      also think about why we are there. Whether it is success or failure, or
      wavering in the middle of the road, we are where we are because of
      someone or some thing.
      Nearly every person can pinpoint the time in their life when there was a
      turning point, a change for worse or for the better. And usually there
      is someone to whom they give the credit for such a change.
      Throughout our lives we contact many people and they each leave an
      impression. As living continues the combination of all those thoughts
      and feelings and actions forms our opinions, our likes and dislikes, our
      fears and our loves. But there is one basic factor in all of this that
      turns us one way or other - the individual, the personal self. It is how
      we take life, what we expect, how we do our daily tasks, where we place
      our values that make the difference.
      We are born with the right to choose - and whatever we choose there will
      always be someone there to help us be good or bad. But first, we must
      give credit where credit is due.
      May 15 - Daily Feast
      Our willingness to work at whatever we can opens doors to new
      opportunities. Willingness breathes life into us and gives us vision.
      Hope is good but determination is even better. It sets the tone to move,
      to do the thing set out for us. And we can do anything when we do not
      stop to consider what if we were to fail, or what is we are not
      appreciated. Cherokee women were never considered inferior to the men.
      They were honored and respected and educated themselves so they could
      teach their children. It meant hard work and determination to perfect
      what they could so they could pass it on. Sometimes, the main objective
      of our work is not just to prosper us but to do a worthwhile thing well.
      We keep labor on a high level, never taking the easy way out. There is
      honor in work - even in the most menial job. Success is short-lived when
      the work is done for appearances.
      ~ If our children should visit this place.....they may see and recognize
      with pleasure the deposits of their fathers. ~
      SHARITARISH
      Elder's Meditation of the Day May 15
      "We must have respect and understanding for women and all female life on
      this Earth which bears the sacred gift of life."
      --Traditional Circle of Elders. ONONDAGA
      At a gathering of Native Elders we were told that many men of today had
      lost their ability to look at the Woman in a sacred way. They said we
      were only looking at Her in a physical sense and had lost the ability to
      look at Her sacredness. They said the Woman has a powerful position in
      the Unseen World. She has the special ability to bring forth life. They
      told us to start showing Her respect and to look upon her in a sacred
      manner. We must start this today.
      Grandfather,
      show me
      how to see
      in a sacred way.
      Message 130 of 130 , Jul 23, 2003
        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 23, 2003, 9:08am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 23 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        How weak-willed we are at times when we've made a decision and know we
        must stand on it. It is so much easier to give in to the easy way of
        doing things.
        We are almost a "house divided against itself," and the strain of
        staying with a decision seems almost our enemy. But we never gain much
        stature by giving in to ourselves against our better judgement. And we
        never get anywhere by scattering our efforts.
        Making a decision is difficult enough without losing one's determination
        in following through. Laying down the responsibility is someone like
        warning children to behave themselves and then permitting them to
        continue to misbehave.
        How long has it been since you've proven to yourself that you mean
        business in carrying out a plan?
        A man of wisdom has written that we have firmness of character when we
        have the ability to say "no" to the wrong as well as to those things
        which are good but stand in the way of our progress.
        Always remember that to want something that is good and right is the
        blessing. God gave us that ability to desire or we would never have
        thought of using it. But God also gave us the ability to cry, to feel
        pain, and the freedom to choose whether we go on or quit.
        In our lives we face many decisions. Some are hard to make because we
        know we must turn our backs upon something that seems harmless at the
        moment simply because we know it would not be good in the long run.
        But there are also decisions that are more challenge than decision. They
        are the good things that are placed before us, and our will to follow
        through is tested. When defeat seems sure, then is the time to begin to
        fight. When others are quitting, then is the time to throw more strength
        into the battle. Anything worth having is worth working for, and is of
        lasting value.
        Very often these sieges must be made silently and without seeming
        effort. And yet we know we cannot get something for nothing. We have a
        service to perform. We can make it a drudge, or we can make it a
        delightful experience, according to our faith. Be persistent. Unless you
        do not particularly want your dreams to come true, you can't afford to
        know the meaning of apathy. You must continually be on the scene with
        the muscles of your mind toned.
        It isn't difficult to have a dream. But it often ceases at that point.
        The willingness to follow through, the determination to look
        impossibilities in the eye and trudge on must be practiced before that
        dream can amount to anything.
        All along life's road there are those who would discourage you, every
        often in ignorance, not realizing the effect of their words upon you. It
        is then that you must muster the strength to believe that theirs is only
        an opinion while your plans are based on the principle that all good
        things come to those who hustle while they wait.
        It is too bad that they cannot see your invisible companions,
        persistence, faith, and a worthwhile plan. Smile and walk on.
        There is a Divine Being with whom we can place all our obstacles, all
        our doubts and fears - and then our work begins. We give lovingly of
        friendship, of any kind of help that we are capable of giving, of
        positive words and thoughts and understanding.
        Give without thought of return. For while we are giving with loving
        selflessness, life shapes for us our heart's desire.
        Much is lost through misunderstanding - and often because we want
        someone to know we are angry. We choose to think they intentionally
        displease us, though we know nothing of their circumstance of what their
        thoughts really were. It must be an ego-building thing to believe that
        someone is trying to offend us. Somehow it gives an importance where
        there had been none. We have the uncanny knack of building a sad story
        with such realism that it makes us think we are more important than we
        are. It is not enjoyable to be the kind of person who wants to
        misunderstand - not only other people, but also life itself. It is
        painful to be unhappy and disagreeable, but some cannot resist the
        temptation.
        ~ It has come to me through the bushes that you are not united
        (agreeable); come to me when you are united. ~
        BIG BEAR
        "...the greatest strength is in gentleness."
        --Leon Shenandoah, ONONDAGA
        Our Elders have taught us many lessons about becoming a Warrior and how
        to think and act like one. We have been told about the power of
        gentleness. We have been told about the power of the stillness. Physical
        power is about effort. Mental power is the opposite. It's about being
        effortless or less any effort. Gentleness is one of the greatest
        attributes of the Warrior and one of the greatest mental powers. It
        takes a lot of love to be gentle. Gentleness is not an ego word.
        Gentleness is the weapon of the Great Spirit.
        My Creator,
        today I will be gentle
        with myself
        and with others.