Daily Meditation~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 92 , May 14, 2003
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Tue, May 13, 2003, 7:52am To:
      [openfires] May 13 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      openfires@yahoogroups.com
      Until you've walked in the rain you cannot truly appreciate the
      protection of shelter.
      Until you've felt the heat from a sweltering sun you cannot fully enjoy
      the coolness of shade.
      Only after the clatter and bang of crowded places can you find quietness
      and solitude so soothing to the nerves.
      Before you can stop worrying and start living, there must be an
      elimination of fear which is the cause of all worry.
      Sometimes, unfortunately, we must collide with the bad before we can
      totally appreciate the good.
      It is said that we too often must be reminded of our obligations before
      we take charge of them.
      Frequently it seems we must have our freedom threatened before we muster
      enough patriotism to defend it.
      Too many shoulders are bowed by our thoughtlessness before we finally
      learn the key to real success is kindness.
      We never know how truly wonderful it is to be loved until we are loved
      when we've failed to deserve it.
      M.R. Smith's words, "God's plans, like lilies pure and white untold - We
      must not tear the close shut leaves apart - Time will reveal the calyxes
      of gold," reveal, after all, that patience does its perfect work.
      May 13 - Daily Feast
      Sometimes it takes another person standing on the outside of our
      emotional problem to do for us what we can't seem to do for ourselves.
      We need those who can see beyond appearances and will let us lean on
      them until we are in control again. It isn't the Cherokee's natural bent
      to discuss a problem openly with anyone. Silence is not only golden, it
      is safer and does nothing to make a problem grow as he believes talking
      will. But he knows the time, the place and the right person will avail
      themselves to him, and then he can talk. It isn't that we fear showing a
      weakness, but that we know the power of the word to make matters worse
      if we talk in a negative way about our needs. Even prayer should not be
      to reiterate our wants. Yoweh knows what we need. He waits for our
      adoration and thanksgiving that the needs are already provided for.
      ~ There is a dignity about the social intercourse of old Indians which
      reminds me of a stroll through a winter forest. ~
      COCHISE
      Elder's Meditation of the Day May 13
      "But the great spirit has provided you and me with an opportunity for
      study in nature's university, the forests, the rivers, the mountains,
      and the animals which include us."
      ---- Walking Buffalo, STONEY
      What we really need to learn is how to live life. Nature is the greatest
      university when we want to learn about balance, harmony, the Natural
      Laws and how to live life. But we will never learn unless we spend time
      in the "living university." Nature is full of examples, lessons, and
      exercises about life. Nature will help humans learn. Nature will help
      humans heal. Nature will help with Medicine, knowledge and healing. The
      reason our Elders are so wise is because they have attended the right
      educational system - nature's university.
      Great Spirit,
      help me
      become
      wise.
      Message 92 of 92 , Jul 3, 2003
        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Thu, Jul 3, 2003, 1:22am To:
        [openfires] July 3 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        openfires@yahoogroups.com
        In the frantic search for something that has meaning to life, we have a
        tendency to do a thing simply because everyone else is doing it. It
        becomes a "thing," a fad that must be done to keep on the inside circle.
        There's little originality, little thought, but a lot of following along
        in beaten paths.
        It is a mistaken idea to believe that all I see with my eyes and the
        limits of my thinking are the limits of the world. There is a tremendous
        interesting world out there never before investigated, and I am an
        individual like no one else.
        It is quite marvelous to break through the shell of the middling and to
        discover the ability to see and feel, and to hear more keenly. Suddenly,
        I can feel more kindly, not because of who I am on this earth, but
        because I'm a child of God.
        I can see more color, more light, more vision because I'm not being
        shown, I'm discovering. My world is no longer based on passing fancies,
        but on lasting built slowly within me, with love.
        We are always rich when we have courage. It is not the circumstance in
        which we find ourselves but how we handle it that makes the difference.
        If nothing ever challenged us we might not know our strength - we might
        never feel the power to overcome something that gives us courage to
        tackle another o ta li, mountain. Giving up does not come on us
        suddenly, but we cultivate it on a daily basis. Everything, success or
        failure - or even mediocrity - settles on us as we get ready for it.
        When we think and talk failure, it happens. When we think we can do
        something, we can do it. It takes as much effort to lose as it does to
        win - sometimes more. But to think courage, to think strength, is the
        breath of life.
        ~ Why don't you talk and go straight and all will be well? ~
        BLACK KETTLE
        "When you are in the woods, you cannot ever be lost. You are surrounded
        by friends and surrounded by God."
        --Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE
        Every plant, every animal, every insect, every bird, every tree is made
        up of God. God is life and everything is alive. When you are hunting,
        remember all nature is your friend. All nature has purpose. All nature
        participates in the life cycle. Nature communicates; Nature talks;
        Nature listens; Nature forgives; Nature respects; Nature loves. Nature
        lives in harmony. Nature follows the law. Nature is kind. Nature is
        balance. The woods are alive and beautiful. She is our friend.
        Great Spirit,
        let me honor
        and respect
        the forest