Daily Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 87 , May 12, 2003
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Mon, May 12, 2003, 7:38am To:
      [EAGLES_FLY@...] May 12 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      EAGLES_FLY@yahoogroups.com
      Think on pleasant things. Deliberately turn your thoughts to something
      pleasant when the pressures are too intense. And be careful as
      undisciplined thought quickly sifts back to the unhappy, unsettled mind.
      The greater part of the time we are victims of our emotions. They play
      havoc with our peace of mind and are great friends of pessimism. They
      tell us things are true with such sincerity that we believe them into
      fact. They convince us things are a certain way and that we cannot
      remedy them with any amount of effort.
      But stop where you are and consider what it is you are listening to and
      how it affects your feelings. Do a turn-about and take the positive
      route of deliberately replacing thoughts of unhappiness, injustices, and
      misunderstandings with the thought that these are merely chariots to
      carry us past all that has withheld freedom.
      May 12 - Daily Feast
      Country people do not find it strange to hear the pond is turning over.
      They know it is not doing a flip but everything that has fallen in it
      suddenly comes to the top. It is nature's way of cleaning house. It
      isn't pretty but it does work. The whole pond of human affairs needs to
      turn over at times. When everything seems to happen at once, friends
      disagree, and co-workers are suddenly mired in stuff from the bottom of
      the pond, it is time to clean house. It isn't always u wo du hi,
      beautiful or pretty, but it does work. The best part is that it doesn't
      last long. Everything rights itself with time - for a while. It helps to
      know that when something unclean falls in the water, eventually the pond
      will turn over to get rid of it. It just takes time.
      ~ We took an oath not to do any wrong to each other or to scheme against
      each other. ~
      GERONIMO
      Elder's Meditation of the Day May 12
      "All the stones that are around here, each one has a language of its
      own. Even the earth has a song."
      ---- Wallace Black Elk, LAKOTA
      To believe that every tree, plant and insect can talk takes an open
      mind. Go by yourself into nature and sit quietly. Then pick up a rock
      and listen to your thoughts. After a while, put that rock down and pick
      up another rock. Your thoughts will change. These are the voices and
      wisdom of the Stone People. Each one has different wisdom and they are
      willing to share their wisdom with you. Many of the Stone People are
      very old and very wise.
      Great Spirit,
      let every rock
      and leaf
      be my teacher.
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 31, 2003
        Hi All Donna will be posting the daily Meditation starting tomorrow i
        will be on a vacation for until Sept 4th thank you Donna ~Will miss you
        all ~Have a good summer Hugs~~~~~~~>Jeanne

        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 30, 2003, 10:01am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 30 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        We pray for a change, we hope for a change, but we wait impatiently. Is
        God not hearing us? We asked. Where is the answers?
        If our prayers were suddenly answered, would we be ready? Or would we
        look behind us for the familiar things, the people, the habits, the
        routine?
        If we were instantly healed, instantly prospered, instantly sought after
        and loved, then what would we do? Attention, compassion and self-pity
        are sometimes more important than having everything changed for the
        better. The fear of being without something to keep us working with the
        same burden, dealing with familiar pain, can stop us from knowing what
        it is to be free and well.
        If we can envision life without a particular problem we can turn our
        minds to real change and have it happen. If we can see change, receive
        it, and know the joy, then gratitude and thanksgiving sets it in place.
        We talk about choosing our friends, but true friends are self-selected.
        It is they who decide to respond and by what method. And finally they
        make themselves our friends by being loyal and having a genuine concern
        for our well being - or allowing privacy when it is needed.
        Acquaintances wait and judge. And sometimes it is better to be
        acquaintances when we cannot find a common ground on which to be
        friends. There is honesty in admitting we cannot be dear friends to all
        people. But there is always something special. A friend is a unali -
        without question or fear or concern for equal time. This is why friends
        are dear to us. They have chosen to be so.
        ~ The white man does not obey the Great Spirit; that is why the Indian
        never could agree with him. ~
        FLYING HAWK
        "You want to know who's a real medicine man? He's the one who doesn't
        say 'I'm a medicine man.' He doesn't ask you to come to him. You've got
        to go and ask him. And you'll find he's always there among his own
        people."
        --Louis Farmer, ONONDAGA
        The Medicine Man is a role model of what it is like to live in harmony
        and balance with the Creator. It takes a long time, a lot of sacrifice
        and discipline to become a Medicine Man. A Medicine Man is humble and
        never crass about anything. He knows he lives to do the will of the
        Great Spirit. He knows he is to help the people. He lives very low key -
        the more low key he lives, the more people seek him out - and such is
        life. The more one serves the people and is quiet about it, the more he
        is sought out. The quieter he is, the more powerful is his medicine.
        Great Spirit,
        allow me this day
        to be humble.
        Allow me this day