Daily Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 87 , May 1, 2003
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Thu, May 1, 2003, 8:15am To:
      [openfires] May 1 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      openfires@yahoogroups.com
      There's a song that says "....it ain't necessarily so," and it certainly
      isn't! How often we accept someone's casual remarks as fact. Even
      appearances can be misleading. But, knowing this, we still have a
      tendency to take a thread and build a yard cloth.
      It makes all the difference in the world when we believe. To simply
      accept an opinion, even our own when hastily formed indicates a lack of
      sound thought.
      We sometimes have the failing of believing everything we hear. But it is
      far wiser to know with certainty, the facts about a teaching by looking
      at its followers.
      The eyes and ears of our hearts and spirits are often more accurate in
      determining right from wrong than we can expect from normal hearing and
      seeing. However blessed we are to have our faculties, we are still in
      dire need of that sixth sense known as common sense.
      Only the very foolish can close their eyes to truth and accept without
      question the many issues of life that face us daily. Surely we must form
      opinions and carry on, but we need those who have the ability to think
      clearly and truthfully. All else is merely opinion.
      MAY
      Ana-sku'tee
      Planting Month
      We, the old settlers here in council with the late emigrants, they are
      perfectly friendly toward us.....we have full confidence they will
      receive you with all friendship.
      SEQUOYAH
      May 1 - Daily Feast
      A country road in May hums with activity. Bees comb the clover fields
      for nectar. Buttercups and dayflowers open to the sun and a mockingbird
      sets out to mimic every sound it has ever heard - even the baby chick.
      Wild onions and pink verbena share the space and the buttery blooms of
      buffalo peas nod in spring breezes. Only now the air has warmed to the
      sun and the plants and leaves of oaks grow so much overnight that the
      sky closes in like a cocoon. Now is the time to slow down and enjoy the
      minute changes as they come hourly, the scents, the roadsides filled
      with new plants, and the green hills and valleys. They come quickly, the
      di ga ne tli yv sdi, changes, that sometimes mature before we see the
      difference. If we are not careful, our clouded thought and vision shut
      it out until we have missed the best part.
      ~ This brings rest to me heart. I feel like a leaf after a storm, when
      the wind is still. ~
      PETALASHARO
      Elder's Meditation of the Day May 1
      "All living creatures and all plants derive their life from the sun. If
      it were not for the sun, there would be darkness and nothing could
      grow?the earth would be without life."
      --Okute, TETON SIOUX
      This is why we call the sun, Father Sun. Father Sun shines life on
      Mother Earth and from this Father and Mother all life forms exist and
      continue to reproduce. The Sun shines on all; it is not selective. We
      should not allow anything to block the Sun from shining on the Earth. We
      must not pollute the air because the pollutants block the light of life
      to the Earth. If the Earth cannot receive this light, then life will
      start to be affected. We must live in harmony with the Sun and Earth.
      Otherwise, we are harming ourselves.
      My Creator,
      give me
      the wisdom
      to live in harmony
      with all things.
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 31, 2003
        Hi All Donna will be posting the daily Meditation starting tomorrow i
        will be on a vacation for until Sept 4th thank you Donna ~Will miss you
        all ~Have a good summer Hugs~~~~~~~>Jeanne

        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 30, 2003, 10:01am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 30 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        We pray for a change, we hope for a change, but we wait impatiently. Is
        God not hearing us? We asked. Where is the answers?
        If our prayers were suddenly answered, would we be ready? Or would we
        look behind us for the familiar things, the people, the habits, the
        routine?
        If we were instantly healed, instantly prospered, instantly sought after
        and loved, then what would we do? Attention, compassion and self-pity
        are sometimes more important than having everything changed for the
        better. The fear of being without something to keep us working with the
        same burden, dealing with familiar pain, can stop us from knowing what
        it is to be free and well.
        If we can envision life without a particular problem we can turn our
        minds to real change and have it happen. If we can see change, receive
        it, and know the joy, then gratitude and thanksgiving sets it in place.
        We talk about choosing our friends, but true friends are self-selected.
        It is they who decide to respond and by what method. And finally they
        make themselves our friends by being loyal and having a genuine concern
        for our well being - or allowing privacy when it is needed.
        Acquaintances wait and judge. And sometimes it is better to be
        acquaintances when we cannot find a common ground on which to be
        friends. There is honesty in admitting we cannot be dear friends to all
        people. But there is always something special. A friend is a unali -
        without question or fear or concern for equal time. This is why friends
        are dear to us. They have chosen to be so.
        ~ The white man does not obey the Great Spirit; that is why the Indian
        never could agree with him. ~
        FLYING HAWK
        "You want to know who's a real medicine man? He's the one who doesn't
        say 'I'm a medicine man.' He doesn't ask you to come to him. You've got
        to go and ask him. And you'll find he's always there among his own
        people."
        --Louis Farmer, ONONDAGA
        The Medicine Man is a role model of what it is like to live in harmony
        and balance with the Creator. It takes a long time, a lot of sacrifice
        and discipline to become a Medicine Man. A Medicine Man is humble and
        never crass about anything. He knows he lives to do the will of the
        Great Spirit. He knows he is to help the people. He lives very low key -
        the more low key he lives, the more people seek him out - and such is
        life. The more one serves the people and is quiet about it, the more he
        is sought out. The quieter he is, the more powerful is his medicine.
        Great Spirit,
        allow me this day
        to be humble.
        Allow me this day