Daily Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 87 , May 1, 2003
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Apr 30, 2003, 8:07am To:
      [openfires] April 30 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      openfires@yahoogroups.com
      Did you know that when we poke fun at someone else we're covering up our
      own embarrassment?
      We all have shortcomings, peculiarities about ourselves that we take no
      pride in nor want others to know about. So, frequently we call attention
      to the "different" traits of others. Sometimes we believe they are not
      aware of their own problems, but they are. They are superconscious of
      them, and because of it they must escape through finding something about
      someone else they believe is worse than their own.
      Truly wise persons are those who take their own unique qualities and
      build around them. Some of the most fascinating people are those who
      surround their unusual features with such exquisite mannerisms and
      beautifully developed personalities so handsomely as to make others
      ordinary.
      It has been written by Augustine, "This is the very perfection of man,
      to find out his own imperfection."
      April 30 - Daily Feast
      Those of us who have seen a grass fire know that when one flame is
      smothered, another can break out in a different place. It takes trained
      minds to perceive where the next will happen - not so different from our
      daily lives. Sometimes it is hard to do anything new because of the
      emergency work. This is all a part of the business of living. We never
      quite reach perfection - not all at once. Even if we do, we are off to
      something else that needs more help, more work. If it were not for the
      moving and stretching of time, perfection might become a dead nothing.
      The Cherokee would tell you not to build your campfire near loose
      tinder. What earthly purpose is there in starting a fire with a match or
      a tongue, in places and in ways where we have no business?
      ~ No one ever saw an Indian destroy something the Great Creator gave to
      man for his needs. ~
      RED FOX
      Elder's Meditation of the Day April 30
      "Modern civilization has no understanding of sacred matters. Everything
      is backwards."
      --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
      Modern civilization says, don't pray in school; don't pray at work; only
      go to church on Sunday. If you don't believe what I believe, you'll go
      to hell. Deviancy is normal. Our role models cheat, drink and run
      around; these are the people in the news. The news sells bad news; no
      one wants to hear good news. Kids are killing kids. Victims have little
      protection. Violence is normal. Leaders cheat and lie. Everything is
      backwards. We need to pray for spiritual intervention. We need to have
      guidance from the Creator to help us rebuild our families, our
      communities and ourselves. Today, I will pray for spiritual intervention
      from the Great Spirit.
      Grandfather,
      we pray
      for your
      help
      in a pitiful way.
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 31, 2003
        Hi All Donna will be posting the daily Meditation starting tomorrow i
        will be on a vacation for until Sept 4th thank you Donna ~Will miss you
        all ~Have a good summer Hugs~~~~~~~>Jeanne

        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 30, 2003, 10:01am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 30 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        We pray for a change, we hope for a change, but we wait impatiently. Is
        God not hearing us? We asked. Where is the answers?
        If our prayers were suddenly answered, would we be ready? Or would we
        look behind us for the familiar things, the people, the habits, the
        routine?
        If we were instantly healed, instantly prospered, instantly sought after
        and loved, then what would we do? Attention, compassion and self-pity
        are sometimes more important than having everything changed for the
        better. The fear of being without something to keep us working with the
        same burden, dealing with familiar pain, can stop us from knowing what
        it is to be free and well.
        If we can envision life without a particular problem we can turn our
        minds to real change and have it happen. If we can see change, receive
        it, and know the joy, then gratitude and thanksgiving sets it in place.
        We talk about choosing our friends, but true friends are self-selected.
        It is they who decide to respond and by what method. And finally they
        make themselves our friends by being loyal and having a genuine concern
        for our well being - or allowing privacy when it is needed.
        Acquaintances wait and judge. And sometimes it is better to be
        acquaintances when we cannot find a common ground on which to be
        friends. There is honesty in admitting we cannot be dear friends to all
        people. But there is always something special. A friend is a unali -
        without question or fear or concern for equal time. This is why friends
        are dear to us. They have chosen to be so.
        ~ The white man does not obey the Great Spirit; that is why the Indian
        never could agree with him. ~
        FLYING HAWK
        "You want to know who's a real medicine man? He's the one who doesn't
        say 'I'm a medicine man.' He doesn't ask you to come to him. You've got
        to go and ask him. And you'll find he's always there among his own
        people."
        --Louis Farmer, ONONDAGA
        The Medicine Man is a role model of what it is like to live in harmony
        and balance with the Creator. It takes a long time, a lot of sacrifice
        and discipline to become a Medicine Man. A Medicine Man is humble and
        never crass about anything. He knows he lives to do the will of the
        Great Spirit. He knows he is to help the people. He lives very low key -
        the more low key he lives, the more people seek him out - and such is
        life. The more one serves the people and is quiet about it, the more he
        is sought out. The quieter he is, the more powerful is his medicine.
        Great Spirit,
        allow me this day
        to be humble.
        Allow me this day