Daily Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 87 , Apr 8, 2003
      There are two words in every day life that mean more toward perfecting
      that life than any other thing. Those two words are the basis for every
      action. They are "personal responsibility".
      Daniel Webster once wrote that the most important thought he ever had
      was that of his individual responsibility to God. It was his personal
      responsibility.
      No matter how understanding other may be, how kind, and tolerant, there
      comes a time when we cannot ask, nor expect to receive, help in our
      struggle. There are simply times when other people cannot cover for our
      poor performance. It soon becomes time for us to stand on our own feet,
      express our own feelings, and search out our own beliefs.
      Others can run interference for us, make excuses for us, and guess at
      our feelings. But we don't begin to live until we've accepted our
      personal responsibilities. We must learn to express truth in everything
      from showing our love to voting in an election.
      Life is one personal responsibility after another. Shifting it to
      another's shoulders loses some of the most important steps. Failure to
      recognize it is folly; ignoring it is stupidity; and accepting it is to
      find more truth and more strength than was ever imagined or expected.
      April 8 - Daily Feast
      Peace of mind is better than gold and just as precious. But unlike gold,
      peace comes when we ask for it and let it happen - not when we go in
      search of it. We look for a time to be peaceful. But what may seem to be
      a waste of time can be just what we need - a spot of sunlight, soft
      breezes, the sound of locusts humming in the night. The little things
      calm us and bring us rest. But the best comes when we release our hold
      on little cares, the voices that tell us how bad things are in the world
      - and just let peace seep in. Nothing so becomes us as stillness and
      quiet serenity. Nothing so aptly furnishes the background music like
      sounds of nature, the mockingbird's midnight song that expands our
      boundaries and enchants our hearts.
      ~ We are a part of the earth, and the earth is part of us. ~
      SEATTLE
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - April 8
      "The very dust upon which you now stand responds more lovingly to [my
      people's] footsteps than to yours, because it is rich with the blood of
      our ancestors and our bare feet are conscious of the sympathetic touch."
      --Chief Sealth, DUWAMISH
      If you respect something, it will respect you back. If your ancestors
      respected something, the future generations will be respected back. The
      Indian ancestors always showed great respect for the Earth. That's why
      the Earth is so respectful to Indians today. Every Indian naturally
      feels connectedness to the Earth. We know the Earth holds our ancestors.
      If we continue to respect Mother Earth, our children will benefit and so
      will our grand- children. Today, we should think about and pray for our
      Mother Earth.
      Grandmother,
      let me have
      strong feelings
      for our Earth
      today.
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 31, 2003
        Hi All Donna will be posting the daily Meditation starting tomorrow i
        will be on a vacation for until Sept 4th thank you Donna ~Will miss you
        all ~Have a good summer Hugs~~~~~~~>Jeanne

        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 30, 2003, 10:01am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 30 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        We pray for a change, we hope for a change, but we wait impatiently. Is
        God not hearing us? We asked. Where is the answers?
        If our prayers were suddenly answered, would we be ready? Or would we
        look behind us for the familiar things, the people, the habits, the
        routine?
        If we were instantly healed, instantly prospered, instantly sought after
        and loved, then what would we do? Attention, compassion and self-pity
        are sometimes more important than having everything changed for the
        better. The fear of being without something to keep us working with the
        same burden, dealing with familiar pain, can stop us from knowing what
        it is to be free and well.
        If we can envision life without a particular problem we can turn our
        minds to real change and have it happen. If we can see change, receive
        it, and know the joy, then gratitude and thanksgiving sets it in place.
        We talk about choosing our friends, but true friends are self-selected.
        It is they who decide to respond and by what method. And finally they
        make themselves our friends by being loyal and having a genuine concern
        for our well being - or allowing privacy when it is needed.
        Acquaintances wait and judge. And sometimes it is better to be
        acquaintances when we cannot find a common ground on which to be
        friends. There is honesty in admitting we cannot be dear friends to all
        people. But there is always something special. A friend is a unali -
        without question or fear or concern for equal time. This is why friends
        are dear to us. They have chosen to be so.
        ~ The white man does not obey the Great Spirit; that is why the Indian
        never could agree with him. ~
        FLYING HAWK
        "You want to know who's a real medicine man? He's the one who doesn't
        say 'I'm a medicine man.' He doesn't ask you to come to him. You've got
        to go and ask him. And you'll find he's always there among his own
        people."
        --Louis Farmer, ONONDAGA
        The Medicine Man is a role model of what it is like to live in harmony
        and balance with the Creator. It takes a long time, a lot of sacrifice
        and discipline to become a Medicine Man. A Medicine Man is humble and
        never crass about anything. He knows he lives to do the will of the
        Great Spirit. He knows he is to help the people. He lives very low key -
        the more low key he lives, the more people seek him out - and such is
        life. The more one serves the people and is quiet about it, the more he
        is sought out. The quieter he is, the more powerful is his medicine.
        Great Spirit,
        allow me this day
        to be humble.
        Allow me this day