Daily Meditation~~~~?

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2003
      We all develop our own ways of centering our lives on something. In our
      minds we each have a design of what we think we are capable of being. If
      we want to be what we think we are capable of being, then we must hold
      our design firmly in our minds until it is secured as the focal point.
      Each life must have that focal point, that center of interest where all
      phases of life come together. A focal point gives strength and meaning
      to the smallest details of everyday living.
      Dimension and depth belong to the life that is centered. Though it may
      take many forms we must always have a "home" to return to, knowing that
      here are the roots, the things that really matter.
      There must be a blending of our lives with others. But to be happy with
      one's self, that focal point must be steady and true before we can feel
      contented that "all's right with the world".
      April 7 - Daily Feast
      It seems only yesterday when the first cold wind blew in and laid flat
      the wild rose and turned the canes gray. Leaves turned and dropped.
      Snows fell and drifted. Winter threatened to last forever. But it
      didn't. Spring runs in and out like a child opening and slamming a door
      just to irritate us. The birds are flirting and meadows abound with baby
      calves in their first days. It is a time of change - not only in nature
      but in us. We enjoy that breaking point between late winter and early
      spring. In our mind's eye we know where the wild phlox will spread its
      fragrance and the oxeye daisies will crowd the narrow path. It is with
      the same eye that we see ourselves blooming with health and prospering
      beyond our dreams. Only those who walk under a cloud miss the joy of
      this time, the open meadows and greening hills.
      ~ Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam, where the deer and the
      antelope play....Where seldom is heard a discouraging word and the skies
      are not cloudy all day. ~
      ANONYMOUS
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - April 7
      "Women. They have the power of generations. Women have the power to have
      children and not to have children."
      --Cecilia Mitchell, MOHAWK
      The Woman is not only the key to life; she is also the key to future
      generations. An Elder once joked that the Woman only needs the man for
      one night. We need to look at and respect the power of the Woman. She is
      special and we need to treat her that way.
      Great Spirit,
      today, let me
      show the
      greatest respect