Daily Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 87 , Apr 6, 2003
      Surely there is nothing so peaceful to the eye as the quiet, soft-hued
      hills resting in the autumn sun. We think if we could only get to those
      hills we could walk in the warmth of that sunlight and feel that peace
      in every nerve and muscle.
      But so frequently we are unable to follow our wills. We are forced to
      sit where we are. And the very thought of being bound to this spot
      sometimes makes us restless, perhaps beyond reason. It creates a feeling
      of panic, that life will never be peaceful.
      And then we look up into the limitless sky and see the depths and
      immensity of the universe, and we know that nothing binds us. That is,
      unless we want to be bound.
      If we were to go to those hills, there would be others in the distance
      that would look as inviting. To hunt for peace outside ourselves is to
      ever be in search, and so to be bound again. But to loose that
      infinitely beautiful truth that peace is never there or there - but
      here, within me.
      Most of us are lovers of familiar things. We love the routine of living,
      the security of knowing what is going to happen at a certain hour on a
      certain day. We love the knowledge that we will continue to love others
      even though we may not like what they are doing at the moment. We find
      great peace in knowing others will continue to love us even when we've
      been foolish.
      The exciting and livable life is not always one of being on the go,
      being in entertaining places. The real life of life is not spangles that
      glitter and one continual round of gaiety.
      Life is contentment, living in depth with a genuine love for work
      seasoned with recreation and freedom to worship where we choose and to
      pursue our talents as we please.
      English author Samuel Johnson tells us that the fountain of content must
      spring up in the mind; and they who have so little knowledge of human
      nature as to see happiness by changing anything but their own
      dispositions will waste their lives in fruitless efforts.
      April 6 - Daily Feast
      These are times when it pays to take a second look - to really pay
      attention to those things that cross our paths. We may have already
      missed a wonderful experience by hasty judgement. When quick judgements
      are made from a limited point of view, the good qualities of anything
      are hidden. It is essential to look beyond first impressions if we are
      ever to find a rare jewel. Even Galun lati is helpless to send us
      blessing if we are dull of spirit and incapacitated by our own smart
      minds. In our "expert" attitudes, we sometimes allow the very things
      that would make us peaceful and happy pass by without lifting a hand.
      Wisdom is being able to see quality in the rough - and then being gentle
      and patient enough to shape it to perfection.
      ~ How can we trust you? When Jesus Christ came on earth, you killed him
      and nailed him to a cross. ~
      TECUMSEH  1810
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - April 6
      "Everybody should pray together, cheer along, root along. That brings
      the circle together. Everything is together."
      --Wallace Black Elk, LAKOTA
      Life on the Earth can sometimes be very complicated. Sometimes we think
      we are alone in our problems. Sometime we even withdraw. Then the
      problems become even more difficult. We need to watch out for one
      another, to care for one another, to pray together, to encourage one
      another; and we need to support one another. Behaving in this manner
      will bring the circle together.
      Great Spirit,
      today, let me
      support my
      brothers and
      sisters.
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 31, 2003
        Hi All Donna will be posting the daily Meditation starting tomorrow i
        will be on a vacation for until Sept 4th thank you Donna ~Will miss you
        all ~Have a good summer Hugs~~~~~~~>Jeanne

        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 30, 2003, 10:01am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 30 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        We pray for a change, we hope for a change, but we wait impatiently. Is
        God not hearing us? We asked. Where is the answers?
        If our prayers were suddenly answered, would we be ready? Or would we
        look behind us for the familiar things, the people, the habits, the
        routine?
        If we were instantly healed, instantly prospered, instantly sought after
        and loved, then what would we do? Attention, compassion and self-pity
        are sometimes more important than having everything changed for the
        better. The fear of being without something to keep us working with the
        same burden, dealing with familiar pain, can stop us from knowing what
        it is to be free and well.
        If we can envision life without a particular problem we can turn our
        minds to real change and have it happen. If we can see change, receive
        it, and know the joy, then gratitude and thanksgiving sets it in place.
        We talk about choosing our friends, but true friends are self-selected.
        It is they who decide to respond and by what method. And finally they
        make themselves our friends by being loyal and having a genuine concern
        for our well being - or allowing privacy when it is needed.
        Acquaintances wait and judge. And sometimes it is better to be
        acquaintances when we cannot find a common ground on which to be
        friends. There is honesty in admitting we cannot be dear friends to all
        people. But there is always something special. A friend is a unali -
        without question or fear or concern for equal time. This is why friends
        are dear to us. They have chosen to be so.
        ~ The white man does not obey the Great Spirit; that is why the Indian
        never could agree with him. ~
        FLYING HAWK
        "You want to know who's a real medicine man? He's the one who doesn't
        say 'I'm a medicine man.' He doesn't ask you to come to him. You've got
        to go and ask him. And you'll find he's always there among his own
        people."
        --Louis Farmer, ONONDAGA
        The Medicine Man is a role model of what it is like to live in harmony
        and balance with the Creator. It takes a long time, a lot of sacrifice
        and discipline to become a Medicine Man. A Medicine Man is humble and
        never crass about anything. He knows he lives to do the will of the
        Great Spirit. He knows he is to help the people. He lives very low key -
        the more low key he lives, the more people seek him out - and such is
        life. The more one serves the people and is quiet about it, the more he
        is sought out. The quieter he is, the more powerful is his medicine.
        Great Spirit,
        allow me this day
        to be humble.
        Allow me this day