Daily Meditatrion~~~>

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3 7:29 PM
      Frequently quoted American editor and author Christian Nestell Bovee
      wrote that sensitiveness is closely allied to egotism - indeed excessive
      sensitivity is only another name for morbid self-consciousness.
      He wrote that the cure for it was to make more of our objectives and
      less of ourselves. And it isn't easy to make less of ourselves.
      Everyone at some time has felt extreme sensitivity toward people and
      surroundings. It is a sensitiveness that does not always have a good
      effect - seemingly for no reason at all we exercise no control over the
      emotions. It can be frightening to realize that we are quite as capable
      of destroying as we are, at other times, of building.
      It is written in the essays of Aristotle that there are right things to
      say and a right way of saying them; and the same is true of listening.
      So often we make a casual remark, not mean to be tactless, but somehow
      it turns out that way. When there is a desire to appear witty, or
      clever, at someone else's expense, there should be no pride in the
      results.
      And when we listen to someone's casual remark and take offense, we must
      examine our own thoughts. If we allow our minds to run in channels of
      vulgarity and mockery, then we can also expect to interpret others'
      words to mean the same things.
      We can so easily read the wrong things into others' conversations, and
      in our own efforts to express ourselves say such foolish things that we
      lose the priceless gifts of relaxation and fun of conversing with other
      people. And for these reasons we must cultivate the art of speaking and
      listening with the warmest heart - which harbors nothing that is not
      right.
      It is a good idea in the most sensitive times to recognize them for what
      they are and to make a pact within one's self to by pass this time for
      serious thought and decision making. This, above all, should be a time
      for relaxing against the wind of over-sensitivity. To resist it only
      strengthens it, and to look at it clearly and coolly will take away its
      mystery and its heat.
      It is well to remember that the too-sensitive person is not the true
      self, but the one with the marvelous mental attitude most certainly is -
      wait for that person!
      April 3 - Daily Feast
      Why must we judge ourselves by what someone else is saying? They only
      think. Is it possible to fit our lives into the narrow confines of
      theirs? Let us search our souls. We have spiritual connections uniquely
      our own - deeper in many ways than those of people who want us to be
      like they are. But there is no way we can be like another person. We can
      only be better people in our own way. We know right from wrong,
      regardless of how the world-at-large has tried to condition us. Nothing
      can keep us from hearing our own voices of common sense - nothing, that
      is, but the noise and clamor of outside voice. And yes, maybe some are
      inside. But they have no good purpose; they mean to destroy. We need not
      dally with trouble. We can refuse to be a part of anything that was not
      a gift of Galun lati - the Great Spirit.
      ~ To fight is to forget ourselves as Indians in the world. ~
      MONTEZUMA
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - April 3
      "We know that in all creation/Only the human family/Has strayed from the
      Sacred Way."
      --OJIBWA Prayer
      How have we gotten so far off track? What has happened to us? What is
      happening to our family? How did it happen so quickly? Every individual
      needs to answer these questions for themselves. What do we need to do to
      start living the Sacred Way again? Pray! Today I will start praying. I
      pray the Creator will lead all Native People to a great healing. I pray
      we'll be free from alcohol and drugs. I pray we will return to the
      culture, to spirituality and to unity.
      My Mother,
      help us to heal
      ourselves.