Daily Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 87 , Mar 16, 2003
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Sun, Mar 16, 2003, 1:08am To:
      [openfires] March 16 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      openfires@yahoogroups.com
      Sensibility is said to be neither good nor evil in itself, but in its
      application. Sometimes we just "out-sensible" ourselves. In the course
      of years we come to see the pattern of the truly sensible. What have we
      at this moment that really means anything? Does it give us happiness?
      Did it once seem most impractical? Was it worth fighting for?
      The intellectual strives for knowledge and in his absorption leaves the
      world but hardly leaves a vacancy. The materialistic must have
      everything at the price of peace, and their possessions decay but never
      their chaotic souls. And the insecure forfeit the most minute comforts
      to save for that rainy day. Happiness would have been greater and far
      more lasting if the fund had been smaller and used as an opportunity
      fund.
      The fine line of sensibility can be most elusive but it seems to be more
      clearly seen when we relax and quit shoving to get there. If the place
      we desire is meant for us, it will come when we learn the way isn't
      always sharp and direct and by demand.
      March 16 - Daily Feast
      It seems there is often too much of one thing and not enough of the
      other. Balance has a way of disappearing when we need it most. But it is
      our fault for thinking that once we have things all working together it
      will stay in balance without our having to do anything else. Nothing is
      so set that it will never change. We should never give in to challenge
      that throw us off center. Wait a little while. Something may be working
      that we don't know about. Don't accept everything as it appears. It can
      change in a moment's notice and swing our way. Very often the law of
      nonresistance is at work here. Some of our best decisions are based on
      standing still until we can get a true picture.
      ~ When life is easy, complex pattern of life can develop. ~
      COOWEESCOOWEE
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - March 16
      "Each of us must know in our minds and believe in our hearts that even
      though we are different, you are like me and I am like you."
      --Larry P. Aitken, CHIPPEWA
      One of the definitions of humility is having an awareness of one's own
      character defects. To recognize and acknowledge that one has
      imperfections is being humble. We should never pray for ourselves unless
      by doing so it would help another person. To have self-importance puts
      self first and this is not humble. We each have strengths and we each
      have weaknesses. Both the strengths and weaknesses are sacred. Life is
      sacred. We learn sacred things from weaknesses also. Therefore, all
      lives are developed through trial and error, strength and weakness, ups
      and downs, gains and losses- all of these are part of life and life is
      sacred.
      Great Mystery,
      let me see and
      know about
      the sacredness
      of life.
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 31, 2003
        Hi All Donna will be posting the daily Meditation starting tomorrow i
        will be on a vacation for until Sept 4th thank you Donna ~Will miss you
        all ~Have a good summer Hugs~~~~~~~>Jeanne

        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 30, 2003, 10:01am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 30 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        We pray for a change, we hope for a change, but we wait impatiently. Is
        God not hearing us? We asked. Where is the answers?
        If our prayers were suddenly answered, would we be ready? Or would we
        look behind us for the familiar things, the people, the habits, the
        routine?
        If we were instantly healed, instantly prospered, instantly sought after
        and loved, then what would we do? Attention, compassion and self-pity
        are sometimes more important than having everything changed for the
        better. The fear of being without something to keep us working with the
        same burden, dealing with familiar pain, can stop us from knowing what
        it is to be free and well.
        If we can envision life without a particular problem we can turn our
        minds to real change and have it happen. If we can see change, receive
        it, and know the joy, then gratitude and thanksgiving sets it in place.
        We talk about choosing our friends, but true friends are self-selected.
        It is they who decide to respond and by what method. And finally they
        make themselves our friends by being loyal and having a genuine concern
        for our well being - or allowing privacy when it is needed.
        Acquaintances wait and judge. And sometimes it is better to be
        acquaintances when we cannot find a common ground on which to be
        friends. There is honesty in admitting we cannot be dear friends to all
        people. But there is always something special. A friend is a unali -
        without question or fear or concern for equal time. This is why friends
        are dear to us. They have chosen to be so.
        ~ The white man does not obey the Great Spirit; that is why the Indian
        never could agree with him. ~
        FLYING HAWK
        "You want to know who's a real medicine man? He's the one who doesn't
        say 'I'm a medicine man.' He doesn't ask you to come to him. You've got
        to go and ask him. And you'll find he's always there among his own
        people."
        --Louis Farmer, ONONDAGA
        The Medicine Man is a role model of what it is like to live in harmony
        and balance with the Creator. It takes a long time, a lot of sacrifice
        and discipline to become a Medicine Man. A Medicine Man is humble and
        never crass about anything. He knows he lives to do the will of the
        Great Spirit. He knows he is to help the people. He lives very low key -
        the more low key he lives, the more people seek him out - and such is
        life. The more one serves the people and is quiet about it, the more he
        is sought out. The quieter he is, the more powerful is his medicine.
        Great Spirit,
        allow me this day
        to be humble.
        Allow me this day