Daily Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 87 , Mar 11 7:42 PM
      What is ti that keeps us from doing the creative things we want to do?
      Fear of venturing and losing, fear of the unknown. And yet, every day of
      our lives we venture and seldom acknowledge the fact that we didn't
      lose. We too often accomplish something because circumstances forced a
      courage we could not muster from mere desire.
      Frequently we must simply have the audacity to lay aside the taboos we
      have built for ourselves, for fear of appearing foolish, and follow a
      creative curiosity.
      When Robert Louis Stevenson wrote, "Give me a young man with brains
      enough to make a fool of himself," he didn't mean intentionally acting
      foolishly. He meant that a fearlessness of appearing foolish can enable
      us to step outside the realms of what others would call the limits.
      The simplest ventures often bring joy to many, particularly to those who
      in the beginning dared to stand on their own chances of winning or
      losing.
      March 11 - Daily Feast
      Can you see the wind? Can you see the fragrance of flowers floating on
      the breezes? Can you see thought or what it is that changes a tree from
      bare limbs and brown leaves to lush green? Can you see love or joy or
      peace? We can only see evidence of these invisible things, and it is
      enough to make us know they do exist. The substance of life is so
      evident, so real and beautiful. Why is it that we ever question the
      existence of our Creator, who set all things in motion? Are we so base,
      so grounded that unless it gives us momentary pleasure, feeds our
      starving appetites, we cannot recognize the greatest help available? It
      is Galun lati, the Great Holy Spirit, invisible but more real than all
      we see that is tangible.
      ~ We see the changes of day and night....the seasons, the stars, the
      moon, the sun. Anyone must know it is the work of some one more powerful
      than man. ~
      CHASED-BY-BEARS
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - March 11
      "The symbol of wholeness, represented by the medicine wheel, is still
      being used in D/Lakota ceremonies today. The center where the "X"
      crosses is considered the home of Tunkasila, Wakan-Tanka, God. I
      speculated, `If this is the symbol of wholeness, the symbol of the
      psyche, with Wakan-Tanka at the center, then Wakan-Tanka or God would be
      within you.´"
      --Dr. A.C. Ross (Ehanamani), LAKOTA
      The Medicine Wheel represents everything. All the directions originate
      from the center outward. The center is the home of the Creator. The
      Medicine Wheel represents the human being. At our center is the home of
      the Great Spirit. This is why we are spiritual. The easiest way for us
      to find God and talk to Him, is for us to become centered. This means,
      relax our bodies, still our minds, let go of our emotions and listen
      quietly. Shhh. Be still.
      My Creator,
      let me walk in
      the stillness
      today.
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 31, 2003
        Hi All Donna will be posting the daily Meditation starting tomorrow i
        will be on a vacation for until Sept 4th thank you Donna ~Will miss you
        all ~Have a good summer Hugs~~~~~~~>Jeanne

        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 30, 2003, 10:01am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 30 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        We pray for a change, we hope for a change, but we wait impatiently. Is
        God not hearing us? We asked. Where is the answers?
        If our prayers were suddenly answered, would we be ready? Or would we
        look behind us for the familiar things, the people, the habits, the
        routine?
        If we were instantly healed, instantly prospered, instantly sought after
        and loved, then what would we do? Attention, compassion and self-pity
        are sometimes more important than having everything changed for the
        better. The fear of being without something to keep us working with the
        same burden, dealing with familiar pain, can stop us from knowing what
        it is to be free and well.
        If we can envision life without a particular problem we can turn our
        minds to real change and have it happen. If we can see change, receive
        it, and know the joy, then gratitude and thanksgiving sets it in place.
        We talk about choosing our friends, but true friends are self-selected.
        It is they who decide to respond and by what method. And finally they
        make themselves our friends by being loyal and having a genuine concern
        for our well being - or allowing privacy when it is needed.
        Acquaintances wait and judge. And sometimes it is better to be
        acquaintances when we cannot find a common ground on which to be
        friends. There is honesty in admitting we cannot be dear friends to all
        people. But there is always something special. A friend is a unali -
        without question or fear or concern for equal time. This is why friends
        are dear to us. They have chosen to be so.
        ~ The white man does not obey the Great Spirit; that is why the Indian
        never could agree with him. ~
        FLYING HAWK
        "You want to know who's a real medicine man? He's the one who doesn't
        say 'I'm a medicine man.' He doesn't ask you to come to him. You've got
        to go and ask him. And you'll find he's always there among his own
        people."
        --Louis Farmer, ONONDAGA
        The Medicine Man is a role model of what it is like to live in harmony
        and balance with the Creator. It takes a long time, a lot of sacrifice
        and discipline to become a Medicine Man. A Medicine Man is humble and
        never crass about anything. He knows he lives to do the will of the
        Great Spirit. He knows he is to help the people. He lives very low key -
        the more low key he lives, the more people seek him out - and such is
        life. The more one serves the people and is quiet about it, the more he
        is sought out. The quieter he is, the more powerful is his medicine.
        Great Spirit,
        allow me this day
        to be humble.
        Allow me this day