Daily Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 87 , Mar 8, 2003
      Good ideas are the flower of the mind, waiting to bloom for the benefit
      of the thinker.
      We are constantly in the process of manufacturing ideas. Every waking
      moment we are thinking continually, making mental images of that which
      we desire or need. Everything we see was first an idea in someone's
      mind.
      Ideas are fleeting messages that pass rapidly through the mind. Some of
      them are strong enough to impress the thinker. Many are not worth
      saving, but a few are very precious. They have to be sifted, sorted and
      analyzed for value. Then they must be acted on immediately, for they are
      very perishable. Once we lose an idea, it is seldom if ever recaptured.
      Everyone has access to a better and happier life through ideas, if we
      can trust the Lord to give us the will and courage to follow through on
      them.
      March 8 - Daily Feast
      Nature has her indecisive moments. A ma ga nu go gv, the season when new
      life springs up, may come early with its wildflowers and blossoming
      trees. She is known for her adolescent behavior, all smiles and flowers
      in her hair, only to be in tears in a few minutes. We think, this is it,
      we will never change our opinion. No, we will not be moved, we will
      cling to this one idea and time cannot erode any part of it. There can
      be no parting with this idea, nothing and no one can make us think
      differently. Spring may hint that she is here - so we can relax. But she
      is never adamant that she will not change. It is only the human being
      that claims such powers. But the power that keeps us moving and changing
      and becoming better is not our power but Galun lati.
      ~ We will never let our hold to this land go for we say to you that our
      father who sits in heaven gave it to us. ~
      AITOOWEYAH, THE STUD, AND KNOCK DOWN
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - March 8
      "Balance is implicit in the Red Road. When you're on the Red Road, you
      are in the center. Yet, you do not go to either extreme, and you allow
      both sides to exist. This is accomplished by continually postponing
      surrendering to temptation, whatever it may be. It is saying `later´
      instead of `no.´"
      --Dr. A.C. Ross (Ehanamani), LAKOTA
      The Sacred Path of life has a middle, a left side, and a right side. As
      human beings, we are designed to walk this middle path as much as we
      can. As we walk, we will stray to the left and to the right and come
      back to the middle. Straying to the left or right side is as sacred as
      being in the middle. Sometimes we call this straying our mistakes. We
      are designed by the Creator to walk to Sacred Path of life, and realize
      that our mistakes are the source of lessons. These lessons give us our
      wisdom. It is not wrong that we are tempted. What matters is what we do
      with the temptation.
      Great Spirit,
      today, let me
      enjoy the
      Sacred Path
      of Life.
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 31, 2003
        Hi All Donna will be posting the daily Meditation starting tomorrow i
        will be on a vacation for until Sept 4th thank you Donna ~Will miss you
        all ~Have a good summer Hugs~~~~~~~>Jeanne

        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 30, 2003, 10:01am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 30 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        We pray for a change, we hope for a change, but we wait impatiently. Is
        God not hearing us? We asked. Where is the answers?
        If our prayers were suddenly answered, would we be ready? Or would we
        look behind us for the familiar things, the people, the habits, the
        routine?
        If we were instantly healed, instantly prospered, instantly sought after
        and loved, then what would we do? Attention, compassion and self-pity
        are sometimes more important than having everything changed for the
        better. The fear of being without something to keep us working with the
        same burden, dealing with familiar pain, can stop us from knowing what
        it is to be free and well.
        If we can envision life without a particular problem we can turn our
        minds to real change and have it happen. If we can see change, receive
        it, and know the joy, then gratitude and thanksgiving sets it in place.
        We talk about choosing our friends, but true friends are self-selected.
        It is they who decide to respond and by what method. And finally they
        make themselves our friends by being loyal and having a genuine concern
        for our well being - or allowing privacy when it is needed.
        Acquaintances wait and judge. And sometimes it is better to be
        acquaintances when we cannot find a common ground on which to be
        friends. There is honesty in admitting we cannot be dear friends to all
        people. But there is always something special. A friend is a unali -
        without question or fear or concern for equal time. This is why friends
        are dear to us. They have chosen to be so.
        ~ The white man does not obey the Great Spirit; that is why the Indian
        never could agree with him. ~
        FLYING HAWK
        "You want to know who's a real medicine man? He's the one who doesn't
        say 'I'm a medicine man.' He doesn't ask you to come to him. You've got
        to go and ask him. And you'll find he's always there among his own
        people."
        --Louis Farmer, ONONDAGA
        The Medicine Man is a role model of what it is like to live in harmony
        and balance with the Creator. It takes a long time, a lot of sacrifice
        and discipline to become a Medicine Man. A Medicine Man is humble and
        never crass about anything. He knows he lives to do the will of the
        Great Spirit. He knows he is to help the people. He lives very low key -
        the more low key he lives, the more people seek him out - and such is
        life. The more one serves the people and is quiet about it, the more he
        is sought out. The quieter he is, the more powerful is his medicine.
        Great Spirit,
        allow me this day
        to be humble.
        Allow me this day