Daily Meditation~~~~>

    Message 1 of 130 , Mar 2 3:57 PM
      Why is it that we require so much scientific proof for the most ordinary
      things these days, when the very fact that we lie down and close our
      eyes at night is the highest proof that God's world is in order. Though
      perhaps our personal world may not know such sequence. There comes a
      time when our human limitations insist that we lay down our questions
      and accept by faith the only way to survive ourselves.
      There are those who say they must have tangible evidence that the world
      and all its wonders be displayed before their eyes to see in wisdom the
      way things really are. And yet who said the human eyes could see or ears
      could hear more than one tiny bit of the wonder. Who could be so bold as
      to believe their senses were strong enough to know, except through
      faith.
      Who could see with the visible eye the hand that changes the seasons, or
      hear Job's stars that sang together at dawn. Who set the day at rest and
      brings the morning in all its newness.
      Only so far....then explanations know no more....and though we try to
      disbelieve when all goes wrong, there comes a time when we want no more
      explanation than that God's world is on order - and we cannot change it.
      Surely if someone took our hand and asked us to walk along the world and
      view the wonders so magnificently displayed....If by some miracle we
      could see the vastness of it all at once, and still bear up under the
      beauty of it....
      If we see the rolling rise and fall of the land - the purple, pink, and
      golden hues of shadows hung along the mountain sides....If our ears
      could hear the music of the rippling streams, the rushing waters, the
      graceful falls.
      If by some mere chance we could sense the ebb and flow, the push and
      relaxing of the tides, the rise and set of the sun, the glittering stars
      and soft-faced moon that ignores the fact that other worlds encircle
      ours....
      And as the seasons sprinkle rain and flowers, golden leaves and
      snowfall....On this continuous circle....always new....always
      beautiful....
      If we can see all this, how then, can we doubt that the earth that God
      created and saw as good is good. This is our land, and only our own
      forgetfulness of its source can make it different.
      February 28 - Daily Feast
      Memories are simply patterns stamped on our minds. Don't let them make
      you believe you have done everything wrong. Make new choices, find new
      thoughts that feed your spirit. Speak courage. Intentionally cut sorrow
      and regret from your thought. Get rid of tears and, if you have to,
      force yourself to begin smiling. It is not ridiculous to set new
      standards. It is common sense to turn your life around when it doesn't
      work the way it is. Forget what others say and believe in the Good
      Father. It is their privilege to make your own. We are saying the same
      thing, we just say it in a different way. Find your own path and fill it
      with flowers. See something beautiful everywhere you look. Rejoice in
      life itself and find your own new and happier road.
      ~ There is one God looking down on us all. We are all children of one
      God. God is listening to me. The sun, the darkness, the winds, are all
      listening to what we now say. ~
      GERONIMO
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - February 28
      "Ultimately, nature will do the teaching."
      --Tom Porter, MOHAWK
      There are things man has control over, and there are things man does not
      have control over. No matter how smart we get, whether it be in
      technology or science, there are things we will never control. The Great
      Spirit carefully protected and hid the control over certain things in
      the Unseen World. There are forces in the Unseen World that make sure
      humans don't mess things up. The bottom line is, no matter what we do,
      nature will have the last say. Nature is the teacher, we are the
      students. May we honor and respect our teacher.
      Great Spirit,
      today, help me
      to live in
      harmony with
      people,
      principles,
      and life.
      Message 130 of 130 , Jul 23, 2003
        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 23, 2003, 9:08am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 23 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        How weak-willed we are at times when we've made a decision and know we
        must stand on it. It is so much easier to give in to the easy way of
        doing things.
        We are almost a "house divided against itself," and the strain of
        staying with a decision seems almost our enemy. But we never gain much
        stature by giving in to ourselves against our better judgement. And we
        never get anywhere by scattering our efforts.
        Making a decision is difficult enough without losing one's determination
        in following through. Laying down the responsibility is someone like
        warning children to behave themselves and then permitting them to
        continue to misbehave.
        How long has it been since you've proven to yourself that you mean
        business in carrying out a plan?
        A man of wisdom has written that we have firmness of character when we
        have the ability to say "no" to the wrong as well as to those things
        which are good but stand in the way of our progress.
        Always remember that to want something that is good and right is the
        blessing. God gave us that ability to desire or we would never have
        thought of using it. But God also gave us the ability to cry, to feel
        pain, and the freedom to choose whether we go on or quit.
        In our lives we face many decisions. Some are hard to make because we
        know we must turn our backs upon something that seems harmless at the
        moment simply because we know it would not be good in the long run.
        But there are also decisions that are more challenge than decision. They
        are the good things that are placed before us, and our will to follow
        through is tested. When defeat seems sure, then is the time to begin to
        fight. When others are quitting, then is the time to throw more strength
        into the battle. Anything worth having is worth working for, and is of
        lasting value.
        Very often these sieges must be made silently and without seeming
        effort. And yet we know we cannot get something for nothing. We have a
        service to perform. We can make it a drudge, or we can make it a
        delightful experience, according to our faith. Be persistent. Unless you
        do not particularly want your dreams to come true, you can't afford to
        know the meaning of apathy. You must continually be on the scene with
        the muscles of your mind toned.
        It isn't difficult to have a dream. But it often ceases at that point.
        The willingness to follow through, the determination to look
        impossibilities in the eye and trudge on must be practiced before that
        dream can amount to anything.
        All along life's road there are those who would discourage you, every
        often in ignorance, not realizing the effect of their words upon you. It
        is then that you must muster the strength to believe that theirs is only
        an opinion while your plans are based on the principle that all good
        things come to those who hustle while they wait.
        It is too bad that they cannot see your invisible companions,
        persistence, faith, and a worthwhile plan. Smile and walk on.
        There is a Divine Being with whom we can place all our obstacles, all
        our doubts and fears - and then our work begins. We give lovingly of
        friendship, of any kind of help that we are capable of giving, of
        positive words and thoughts and understanding.
        Give without thought of return. For while we are giving with loving
        selflessness, life shapes for us our heart's desire.
        Much is lost through misunderstanding - and often because we want
        someone to know we are angry. We choose to think they intentionally
        displease us, though we know nothing of their circumstance of what their
        thoughts really were. It must be an ego-building thing to believe that
        someone is trying to offend us. Somehow it gives an importance where
        there had been none. We have the uncanny knack of building a sad story
        with such realism that it makes us think we are more important than we
        are. It is not enjoyable to be the kind of person who wants to
        misunderstand - not only other people, but also life itself. It is
        painful to be unhappy and disagreeable, but some cannot resist the
        temptation.
        ~ It has come to me through the bushes that you are not united
        (agreeable); come to me when you are united. ~
        BIG BEAR
        "...the greatest strength is in gentleness."
        --Leon Shenandoah, ONONDAGA
        Our Elders have taught us many lessons about becoming a Warrior and how
        to think and act like one. We have been told about the power of
        gentleness. We have been told about the power of the stillness. Physical
        power is about effort. Mental power is the opposite. It's about being
        effortless or less any effort. Gentleness is one of the greatest
        attributes of the Warrior and one of the greatest mental powers. It
        takes a lot of love to be gentle. Gentleness is not an ego word.
        Gentleness is the weapon of the Great Spirit.
        My Creator,
        today I will be gentle
        with myself
        and with others.