Leonard Peltier~~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15 10:06 AM
      A MESSAGE FROM
      THE LEONARD PELTIER DEFENSE COMMITTEE
      Dear Friends and Supporters:
      The Leonard Peltier Defense Committee (LPDC) is undergoing a profound
      change. This change has affected everything from the Web site to the
      phone lines at the LPDC office. Most important of all the changes, an
      entirely new set of people have and will be assuming positions on the
      Board of Directors and in the LPDC's international headquarters facility
      in Lawrence, Kansas.
      This team is dedicated to working in unity with all of you who believe
      in freedom and justice for Leonard Peltier and all Indigenous people
      worldwide. Our goal is to unify a formidable force of people of good
      heart whose voices will rise in unity to demand that the United States
      government do simply what is right and just. We truly believe that even
      the powerful system within the American government that perpetuates this
      gross injustice will fall to concerted and unified worldwide pressure.
      Just as it happened in South Africa for Nelson Mandela, it will happen
      in the U.S. for Leonard Peltier.
      During this transition period, we ask you for your continued support in
      the struggle to obtain the release of Leonard Peltier from 27 years of
      unlawful imprisonment, and we ask for your patience and goodwill. We
      will rise again very shortly -- stronger and more determined than ever
      to achieve our goal.
      Please stay tuned to this site for other announcements, including one
      concerning the LPDC Web site. Also, a direct statement from Leonard
      Peltier detailing the exact nature of the occurring changes, as well as
      why the changes are necessary, will be issued shortly.
      Mitakuye oyasin.
      In the Spirit of Crazy Horse,
      The LPDC Board of Directors