Daily Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 87 , Feb 14, 2003
      Why is it that the things we love can cause us so much pain, and perhaps
      without realizing it? Why is it that we find so much to worry about in
      all the "what ifs" that cross our minds with such persistence? What
      makes fatigue follow us through the hours and drain away precious
      strength that we need to help us in our daily routine?
      All the things that plague is daily have one common cause - fear. To
      some, fear is a constant companion. We may call it by many other names
      such as necessity, time, busy-ness, demands, but all of these can be
      forms of fear.
      Fear produces the most mental, physical, and spiritual fatigue that has
      ever overtaken humans. It rushes us so that we have accidents. It drains
      us of strength to resist illness. It tells us we cannot produce enough
      to meet the demands upon us. And it builds within our minds such dire
      images so that we cannot face the simplest.
      Fear has one antidote. It is not to stop worrying and take it easy, but
      it is faith. Adverse conditions cannot break us in the face of faith.
      Faith allows us to look fear in the eyes with such confidence that it
      loses its power over us.
      English divine, Frederick William Robertson, wrote, "To believe is
      strong. Doubt cramps energy. Belief is power."
      February 14 - Daily Feast
      Our wounds need time to heal. And when it seems the healing has done its
      work, protection from further hurt is necessary, because our scars are
      on the surface. Physical wounds are bad enough, but when they come from
      mental cruelty and unfair treatment, pain returns again and again to
      reopen what no one should have to bear. It seems almost a sacrilege to
      ask someone so deeply hurt to forgive those who caused it. Yet
      unforgiveness causes damage almost as devastating as physical wounds, or
      more so. There is great stress on bearing grudges and the abused do not
      need any new pain or new problems. Forgiveness does not set the abusive
      free, but the abused.
      ~ I was living peaceably and satisfied when people began to speak bad of
      me. ~
      GERONIMO
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - February 14
      "Sometimes, life is very simple, but it is we two-leggeds, we who are
      thought to be smart that make it complicated."
      --Larry P. Aitkin, CHIPPEWA
      Sometimes it may take years for us to find out what we are really
      after-it is to be happy. The Elders say, lead a simple life. This
      doesn't necessarily mean poor, it means simple. There are some things
      that makes life complicated such as needing control, needing power or
      being resentful or angry. These things make complications happen. We
      need to walk in balance in every area of our lives.
      Great Spirit,
      let me lead a
      simple life
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 31, 2003
        Hi All Donna will be posting the daily Meditation starting tomorrow i
        will be on a vacation for until Sept 4th thank you Donna ~Will miss you
        all ~Have a good summer Hugs~~~~~~~>Jeanne

        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 30, 2003, 10:01am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 30 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        We pray for a change, we hope for a change, but we wait impatiently. Is
        God not hearing us? We asked. Where is the answers?
        If our prayers were suddenly answered, would we be ready? Or would we
        look behind us for the familiar things, the people, the habits, the
        routine?
        If we were instantly healed, instantly prospered, instantly sought after
        and loved, then what would we do? Attention, compassion and self-pity
        are sometimes more important than having everything changed for the
        better. The fear of being without something to keep us working with the
        same burden, dealing with familiar pain, can stop us from knowing what
        it is to be free and well.
        If we can envision life without a particular problem we can turn our
        minds to real change and have it happen. If we can see change, receive
        it, and know the joy, then gratitude and thanksgiving sets it in place.
        We talk about choosing our friends, but true friends are self-selected.
        It is they who decide to respond and by what method. And finally they
        make themselves our friends by being loyal and having a genuine concern
        for our well being - or allowing privacy when it is needed.
        Acquaintances wait and judge. And sometimes it is better to be
        acquaintances when we cannot find a common ground on which to be
        friends. There is honesty in admitting we cannot be dear friends to all
        people. But there is always something special. A friend is a unali -
        without question or fear or concern for equal time. This is why friends
        are dear to us. They have chosen to be so.
        ~ The white man does not obey the Great Spirit; that is why the Indian
        never could agree with him. ~
        FLYING HAWK
        "You want to know who's a real medicine man? He's the one who doesn't
        say 'I'm a medicine man.' He doesn't ask you to come to him. You've got
        to go and ask him. And you'll find he's always there among his own
        people."
        --Louis Farmer, ONONDAGA
        The Medicine Man is a role model of what it is like to live in harmony
        and balance with the Creator. It takes a long time, a lot of sacrifice
        and discipline to become a Medicine Man. A Medicine Man is humble and
        never crass about anything. He knows he lives to do the will of the
        Great Spirit. He knows he is to help the people. He lives very low key -
        the more low key he lives, the more people seek him out - and such is
        life. The more one serves the people and is quiet about it, the more he
        is sought out. The quieter he is, the more powerful is his medicine.
        Great Spirit,
        allow me this day
        to be humble.
        Allow me this day