Daily Meditation~>

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 9 10:56 AM
      To have the desire to quit in the face of despair is not a new story. As
      long as time, people have wanted to give up when something hinders their
      progress. But such adversity is sometimes the right time for people to
      become acquainted with themselves.
      It has been written that a smooth sea does not make a skillful mariner.
      The storms of human life, like those of the seas, awaken us to
      sharpening our abilities and strengthening us to overcome these present
      storms to the point where we seldom have to face them again. Most of
      living is a lesson, and the sooner we learn to study and develop the
      sooner we are rid of the teacher.
      But in the words of Jeremy Taylor, "It is impossible for that man to
      despair who remembers that his Helper is omnipotent." And it is
      impossible for people not to progress if they acknowledge their Helper
      in the most minute details of their lives.
      Prepared for the worst? Forget it! Only worry prepares for the worst. If
      problems come to you, meet them with courage when they arrive. And worry
      has never produced courage. Faith produces courage, and keeps us from
      crossing all those unnecessary bridges. In fact, we cross bridges that
      have never been in existence, and have no strength except that which we
      give them by constant preparation for something that isn't good.
      Promise yourself to cross no bridges this day except those you find
      immediately before you. And nine times out of ten they will lead only to
      happiness.
      February 9 - Daily Feast
      To some, power is domination, ruling anything defenseless. But that
      isn't power, it is abuse, and abuse is cowardly. Abuse takes advantage
      where it can, always pretending to be the victim, but looking for the
      opportunity to overpower. Forget the idea that power is from the world.
      Whole worlds have been changed in minutes. Power that was bold and
      bragging can suddenly be a whimper. Empires have crashed and those that
      caused so much misery have deflated like balloons. Real power is not
      nigvnhdiha, which is understood by the Cherokee to be put on. It is from
      an inner source, characteristically calm, like a great river that flows
      smoothly but drives huge cities with energy. A single drop of water
      seems powerless and takes the way of least resistance, but joined to all
      the others, it has force. One person may seem inadequate to change
      anything, but united with others, can change anything.
      ~ The red man must leave the land of his youth and find a new home in
      the far west. ~
      SHABONEE,  1827
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - February 9
      "It can be 100 degrees in the shade one afternoon and suddenly there
      comes a storm with hailstones as big as golf balls, the prairie is all
      white and your teeth chatter. That's good-a reminder that you are just a
      small particle of nature, not so powerful as you think."
      --Lame Deer, LAKOTA
      No event, no relationship, no joy, no sadness, no situation ever stays
      the same. Every setback is only temporary. Even setbacks change. Why?
      Because the Great Spirit designed the world to be constantly changing.
      We are not the center of the universe, we are but a small part. The
      whole is constantly changing, and we as humans are constantly
      participating in the change. We have two choices, to resist change or
      participate in the change. Every change can be resisted, and every
      change can be made in cooperation. What will I choose today, resistance
      or cooperation?
      Great Spirit,
      teach me to
      make cooperative