Remeber Our People~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2003
      Why not teach school children more of the wholesome proverbs and legends
      of our people?  That we killed game only for food, not for fun... Tell
      your children of the friendly acts of the Indians to the white people
      who first settled here.  Tell them of our leaders and heroes and their
      deeds... Put in your history books the Indian's part in the World War.
      Tell how the Indian fought for a country of which he was not a citizen,
      for a flag to which he had no claim, and for a people who treated him
      unjustly.  We ask this, Chief, to keep sacred the memory of our
      people.
          – Grand Council Fire of American Indians to the Mayor of
      Chicago, 1927