Daily Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 87 , Jan 22, 2003
      Hardly any of us are without some jealousy. We like to think of
      ourselves about that painful emotion, because such a monstrous feeling
      is a destructive thing. But if we have not felt a normal amount of it,
      it is because we have yet to doubt something we love very much.
      Margaret, Queen of Navarre, and sister of Francis I, King of France in
      the fifteenth century, wrote the following words:
      "Love may exist without jealousy, although this is rare; but jealousy
      can feed on that which is bitter, no less than on that which is sweet,
      and is sustained by pride as often as by affection."
      Jealousy can rear its head when logic is giving you the facts, and throw
      the whole thing into chaos. But confidence is the enemy of jealousy.
      Confidence, trust, and faith are all strong parts of a nature where
      jealousy does not rule.
      And jealousy, even in moderation, can introduce us to a serious problem
      with ourselves, if we let it grow out of proportion. It breeds rejection
      while maturity and understanding keep us safely within the bounds of
      permissiveness rather than possessiveness.
      January 21 - Daily Feast
      In the darkest day in winter color is everywhere. They are colors we do
      not expect to see, so we do not see them. They float on early morning
      clouds that lie aloft in the southern sky and hover in the crevices of
      hills at midday. In the evening, the western horizon is purple - all
      shades of purple, which the Cherokee calls gi ge s di. The last rays of
      sunlight color the scuddling clouds with purple, rose, and lilac. The
      Indian loves color and is tuned in to its joy. If we are caught in moods
      that are drab, our eyes have little chance of seeing color. A drab view
      can be changed. Even now a sa go ni ge (jay) and a brilliant gi ga ge
      (cardinal) can stir us with their blues and reds if we have the heart to
      see them.
      ~ This is the most valuable thing I have ever possessed. ~
      YE-WHELL-COME-TETSA,  1815
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - January 21
      "This is the time of awakening to the inner father and the inner mother.
      Without this we will receive no high initiation; instead we get
      initiated into darkness. That's because any investigation or revolution
      without God leads, not to freedom, but to more slavery."
      --Willaru Huayta, QUECHAU NATION, PERU
      Honor the Father and the Mother. Father stands for wisdom and Mother
      stands for feelings. Inside each of us is the Father and the Mother. If
      we do not honor both, we will not grow in balance. To honor both the
      Father and the Mother helps our masculine and feminine sides grow. The
      winter season is a good time to focus on this. This is our season of
      reflection. Honoring both sides allows us to see the Creator is both
      Father and Mother.
      Great Spirit,
      Father Sky,
      Mother Earth,
      guide me
      today. Let me
      experience
      balance.
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 31, 2003
        Hi All Donna will be posting the daily Meditation starting tomorrow i
        will be on a vacation for until Sept 4th thank you Donna ~Will miss you
        all ~Have a good summer Hugs~~~~~~~>Jeanne

        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 30, 2003, 10:01am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 30 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        We pray for a change, we hope for a change, but we wait impatiently. Is
        God not hearing us? We asked. Where is the answers?
        If our prayers were suddenly answered, would we be ready? Or would we
        look behind us for the familiar things, the people, the habits, the
        routine?
        If we were instantly healed, instantly prospered, instantly sought after
        and loved, then what would we do? Attention, compassion and self-pity
        are sometimes more important than having everything changed for the
        better. The fear of being without something to keep us working with the
        same burden, dealing with familiar pain, can stop us from knowing what
        it is to be free and well.
        If we can envision life without a particular problem we can turn our
        minds to real change and have it happen. If we can see change, receive
        it, and know the joy, then gratitude and thanksgiving sets it in place.
        We talk about choosing our friends, but true friends are self-selected.
        It is they who decide to respond and by what method. And finally they
        make themselves our friends by being loyal and having a genuine concern
        for our well being - or allowing privacy when it is needed.
        Acquaintances wait and judge. And sometimes it is better to be
        acquaintances when we cannot find a common ground on which to be
        friends. There is honesty in admitting we cannot be dear friends to all
        people. But there is always something special. A friend is a unali -
        without question or fear or concern for equal time. This is why friends
        are dear to us. They have chosen to be so.
        ~ The white man does not obey the Great Spirit; that is why the Indian
        never could agree with him. ~
        FLYING HAWK
        "You want to know who's a real medicine man? He's the one who doesn't
        say 'I'm a medicine man.' He doesn't ask you to come to him. You've got
        to go and ask him. And you'll find he's always there among his own
        people."
        --Louis Farmer, ONONDAGA
        The Medicine Man is a role model of what it is like to live in harmony
        and balance with the Creator. It takes a long time, a lot of sacrifice
        and discipline to become a Medicine Man. A Medicine Man is humble and
        never crass about anything. He knows he lives to do the will of the
        Great Spirit. He knows he is to help the people. He lives very low key -
        the more low key he lives, the more people seek him out - and such is
        life. The more one serves the people and is quiet about it, the more he
        is sought out. The quieter he is, the more powerful is his medicine.
        Great Spirit,
        allow me this day
        to be humble.
        Allow me this day