Girls Just want to have Fudge~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2003
      Here's a fudge recipe i recieved from my web friend Cathie~~~~~~>Jeanne

      GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUDGE
      Lo Fat Chocolate and peanut-butter fudge
      Ingredients:
      1 1/2 cups sugar
      3/4 cups brown sugar
      1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
      2/3 cup evaporated 2% milk
      1 cup miniature marshmallows
      1/4 cup light peanut butter
      2 tbsp. butter
      In a medium, non-stick saucepan, combine sugar, brown sugar, cocoa and
      milk. Slowly bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring frequently.
      Boil until a few drips of hot syrup form a soft ball when dropped in a
      cup of ice water. (This stage of fudge-making is usually reached when a
      candy thermometer registers between 234 and 240 degrees F.)
      Remove from heat and stir in marshmallows, peanut butter and butter.
      Stir until marshmallows are completely melted. Let fudge stand for 15
      minutes without stirring.
      Meanwhile, line bottom of a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with a piece of waxed
      paper that sticks up 2 inches at both ends of pan (so you can lift out
      the fudge when it's ready).
      Spread fudge in pan. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Cut
      into 24 pieces and store covered in refrigerator. Makes 24 pieces.
      Per piece: 112 calories, 2.2 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 1.2 g protein, 23
      g carbohydrate, 0.4 g fiber, 3.1 mg cholesterol, 23.4 mg sodium %
      calories from fat: 17