Daily Meditation~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 92 , Jan 1, 2003
      I don't know of anyone I'd rather see happy than you. Perhaps somewhere
      along the way you'll also find what causes it and maybe it will be
      something you can find within your heart to share with others....for
      only in sharing are we ever really happy.
      Just remember that it may well be where you least expect it. You may
      recognize it as something you're about to give away.....But don't worry,
      it will come back so many times; like love, it seeketh not its own but
      flies over us like angels. And when it finds a heart big enough to hold
      all the love it can supply it settles itself, wings and all, within the
      soul of that love.
      And then the world will be new. There will be sights you've never seen,
      yet they have been there all the time....there will be laughter from the
      heart.....and gratitude for all of life's privileges. There will be
      peace and contentment....and strength abounding to withstand all
      adversity.....and quiet acknowledgement of God. For without God, there
      could be none of these.
      JANUARY
      ONE
      So-Qua
      COLD MONTH
      Unu la ta nee'
      The Cherokee people stand upon new ground. Let us hope the clouds which
      overspread the land will be dispersed, and that we shall prosper as we
      have never done before.
      CHIEF JOHN ROSS - OCTOBER 9, 1861
      January 1 - Daily Feast
      If, like a Cherokee warrior, I can look at the new year as an
      opportunity to stand on new ground, then strength and courage are on my
      side. If I have waited a long time for everything to be perfect - and
      there have been moments, brief as they were, that filled my expectations
      - then I can face the challenges. I will remember that things do work
      out, bodies do heal, relationships mend - not because I said it, but
      because I believe it. But it is time to make things right, to stay on
      the path. As water runs fresh and free from the woodland spring, so new
      life and meaning will bubble up from my own inner source. I will be
      still and steady, because there is nothing to be gained by showing fear
      in a chaotic world. I can turn from ignorance and prejudice toward a
      light that never goes out.
      ~ The death of fear is in doing what you fear to do. ~
      SEQUICHIE COMINGDEER
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - January 1
      "?because if you believe in something, and believe in it long enough, it
      will come into being."
      --Rolling Thunder, CHEROKEE
      We are created by the Great One to accomplish His will through our
      mental pictures or visions. Our thoughts are three dimensional: words,
      pictures and feelings. We create the vision by thinking the words and we
      create feeling for the vision by feeling enthusiasm, desire, commitment
      and other strong beliefs. Once we create the vision, we move toward and
      become like that which we think about. All visions are tested by our
      self talk; for example, "This isn't going to happen, where is the money
      coming from anyway?" When this happens, we need to let go of the test
      and focus on belief in the vision. Why? Because God said if we believe
      it long enough, He will guarantee it!!!
      Great One, let
      my beliefs be
      strong today.
      Help me to
      have faith in
      my visions.
      Message 92 of 92 , Jul 3, 2003
        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Thu, Jul 3, 2003, 1:22am To:
        [openfires] July 3 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        openfires@yahoogroups.com
        In the frantic search for something that has meaning to life, we have a
        tendency to do a thing simply because everyone else is doing it. It
        becomes a "thing," a fad that must be done to keep on the inside circle.
        There's little originality, little thought, but a lot of following along
        in beaten paths.
        It is a mistaken idea to believe that all I see with my eyes and the
        limits of my thinking are the limits of the world. There is a tremendous
        interesting world out there never before investigated, and I am an
        individual like no one else.
        It is quite marvelous to break through the shell of the middling and to
        discover the ability to see and feel, and to hear more keenly. Suddenly,
        I can feel more kindly, not because of who I am on this earth, but
        because I'm a child of God.
        I can see more color, more light, more vision because I'm not being
        shown, I'm discovering. My world is no longer based on passing fancies,
        but on lasting built slowly within me, with love.
        We are always rich when we have courage. It is not the circumstance in
        which we find ourselves but how we handle it that makes the difference.
        If nothing ever challenged us we might not know our strength - we might
        never feel the power to overcome something that gives us courage to
        tackle another o ta li, mountain. Giving up does not come on us
        suddenly, but we cultivate it on a daily basis. Everything, success or
        failure - or even mediocrity - settles on us as we get ready for it.
        When we think and talk failure, it happens. When we think we can do
        something, we can do it. It takes as much effort to lose as it does to
        win - sometimes more. But to think courage, to think strength, is the
        breath of life.
        ~ Why don't you talk and go straight and all will be well? ~
        BLACK KETTLE
        "When you are in the woods, you cannot ever be lost. You are surrounded
        by friends and surrounded by God."
        --Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE
        Every plant, every animal, every insect, every bird, every tree is made
        up of God. God is life and everything is alive. When you are hunting,
        remember all nature is your friend. All nature has purpose. All nature
        participates in the life cycle. Nature communicates; Nature talks;
        Nature listens; Nature forgives; Nature respects; Nature loves. Nature
        lives in harmony. Nature follows the law. Nature is kind. Nature is
        balance. The woods are alive and beautiful. She is our friend.
        Great Spirit,
        let me honor
        and respect
        the forest