Daily Meditation~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 92 , Dec 31, 2002
      Today I hear the laughter of children at play. Their voices filled the
      air almost like chimes. And I felt their arms about my neck and their
      sticky kisses on my face. How blessed I am! Today I heard a mockingbird
      trilling out every single song it every heard from its winged friends. I
      closed my eyes and in the trees I heard all the voices I've heard since
      childhood, and it took me through all the happy, breathless, precious
      times I loved so much.
      Today I heard my mother's voice calling to me happily. It was a good,
      strong, healthy voice that has called to me courage, and hope and peace,
      and shall continue to call down many lanes to me.
      Today I heard my child's voice. I heard her singing, I heard her
      praying, I heard her laughing and talking. I heard her teasing and
      moving from place to place in all the activities I love to see her in.
      Now, even more than ever I realize how grateful I am that God has given
      me the excellent faculty of hearing. I shall with all diligence try to
      hear nothing evil, but only love and peace which is my heritage.
      December 31 - Daily Feast
      A feast is a huge banquet of wonderful foods and wonderful friends to
      share it. It is a time when people honor people - and many memories are
      laid aside for this celebration. But another kind of feast is in the
      heart - at the core where life is decided. It is the human way to
      believe himself victim of many things, and he starves at his center. He
      worries excessively about who will take care of him and who will feed
      him and if he will survive at all. Never start a day without gratitude -
      without an inner singing of "Praise God from whom all blessings flow!"
      Never start a day being sour and hard to get along with. Never talk
      trouble nor give credence to those who do. Never give another person
      reason to be unhappy..... and remember, this is your day. This is a day
      of celebrating new life and purpose.
      ~ On the other side of the river there is plenty of buffalo. When we are
      poor we will tell you. ~
      BLACKFOOT - MOUNTAIN CROW
      'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II' by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - December 31
      "They must give themselves to Wakan' Tanka and live a spiritual life.
      They will have the peace that frees them from fear."
      --Frank Fools Crow, LAKOTA
      There are two wills available for us: self will and God's will. Our
      choice is: figure it out ourselves, or have the Creator involved in our
      lives. If we are honest with ourselves and look at past experiences,
      what are our lives like when we try to figure it out ourselves? Is there
      fear, confusion, frustration, anger, attacking others, conflict, fault
      finding, manipulation, teasing others, belittling others or devaluation?
      If these things are present, they indicate that we are choosing self
      will. What is it like if we turn our will over to the Creator? What are
      the results if we ask the Great Spirit to guide our life? Examples are:
      freedom, choices, consequences, love forgiveness, helping others,
      happiness, joy, solutions, and peace. Which will I choose today, self
      will or God's will?
      Creator, I know
      what my choice
      is. I want You
      to direct my life.
      I want You to
      direct my
      thinking. You
      are the
      Grandfather.
      You know
      what I need
      even before
      I do. Today I
      ask You to tell
      me what I can
      do for You
      today. Tell me
      in a way I can
      understand
      and I will be
      happy to do it.
      Message 92 of 92 , Jul 3 1:05 PM
        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Thu, Jul 3, 2003, 1:22am To:
        [openfires] July 3 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        openfires@yahoogroups.com
        In the frantic search for something that has meaning to life, we have a
        tendency to do a thing simply because everyone else is doing it. It
        becomes a "thing," a fad that must be done to keep on the inside circle.
        There's little originality, little thought, but a lot of following along
        in beaten paths.
        It is a mistaken idea to believe that all I see with my eyes and the
        limits of my thinking are the limits of the world. There is a tremendous
        interesting world out there never before investigated, and I am an
        individual like no one else.
        It is quite marvelous to break through the shell of the middling and to
        discover the ability to see and feel, and to hear more keenly. Suddenly,
        I can feel more kindly, not because of who I am on this earth, but
        because I'm a child of God.
        I can see more color, more light, more vision because I'm not being
        shown, I'm discovering. My world is no longer based on passing fancies,
        but on lasting built slowly within me, with love.
        We are always rich when we have courage. It is not the circumstance in
        which we find ourselves but how we handle it that makes the difference.
        If nothing ever challenged us we might not know our strength - we might
        never feel the power to overcome something that gives us courage to
        tackle another o ta li, mountain. Giving up does not come on us
        suddenly, but we cultivate it on a daily basis. Everything, success or
        failure - or even mediocrity - settles on us as we get ready for it.
        When we think and talk failure, it happens. When we think we can do
        something, we can do it. It takes as much effort to lose as it does to
        win - sometimes more. But to think courage, to think strength, is the
        breath of life.
        ~ Why don't you talk and go straight and all will be well? ~
        BLACK KETTLE
        "When you are in the woods, you cannot ever be lost. You are surrounded
        by friends and surrounded by God."
        --Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE
        Every plant, every animal, every insect, every bird, every tree is made
        up of God. God is life and everything is alive. When you are hunting,
        remember all nature is your friend. All nature has purpose. All nature
        participates in the life cycle. Nature communicates; Nature talks;
        Nature listens; Nature forgives; Nature respects; Nature loves. Nature
        lives in harmony. Nature follows the law. Nature is kind. Nature is
        balance. The woods are alive and beautiful. She is our friend.
        Great Spirit,
        let me honor
        and respect
        the forest