Daily Meditation~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 92 , Dec 16, 2002
      To be in harmony with others, we must be in tune with ourselves. This is
      not always a state of mind easily come by, but necessary and possible to
      those who truly want to put their best foot forward.
      They must cultivate and recultivate the things that make peace within
      themselves. They must not only have faith, but they must depend upon it,
      drawing from it energizing joy, love, and lightness of heart. They must
      know and understand the moods and manners of their co-workers and
      express to their colleagues their happiness and enthusiasm for the good
      things of life.
      At times everyone has fits of uncertainty concerning their way of life.
      And it is gratifying to have someone capable of lifting us out of the
      blues and scattering the doldrums. But the job is mainly ours. We have
      to cross examine ourselves again and again to be sure there's nothing
      that will not contribute to our best self, or draw less than the best
      from others.
      To be cooperative is not only beneficial to associations with others,
      but to our own health, peace, and happiness. Let there be peace and
      harmony and let it begin with me.
      December 16 - Daily Feast
      Like anything else, if one is prepared to meet winter rather than cower
      at the thought, it is an excellent time to be happy and alive. When we
      are warm on the inside and we have no excessive fears, we can lean into
      the wind and pace ourselves to breathe the cold air and taste the snow
      without absorbing it. We were created to take domination over these
      things and it is time we proved it. But as long as there is one other
      person who is not warm, who does not see beauty, we can't be too
      comfortable not immune to winter.
      ~ I will ask him (the white man) to understand his ways, then I will
      prepare the way for my children. ~
      MANY HORSES - OGLALA SIOUX,  1890
      'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II' by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - December 16
      "If you have one hundred people who live together, and if each one cares
      for the rest, there is One Mind."
      --Shining Arrows, CROW
      One of the principles of Community is Unity. The alignment of thoughts
      in groups of people will cause One Mind to form. One Mind is Unity. Each
      individual in the community must align their thoughts with what other
      members are thinking. If all the people think of helping one another,
      then the community will be service oriented and powerful results will be
      enjoyed. Having our thoughts aligned within a group will cause our
      children to experience a positive environment. When they have children,
      the grandchildren will automatically experience these results also.
      My Creator,
      help me to
      contribute to
      positive group
      thought.
      Message 92 of 92 , Jul 3, 2003
        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Thu, Jul 3, 2003, 1:22am To:
        [openfires] July 3 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        openfires@yahoogroups.com
        In the frantic search for something that has meaning to life, we have a
        tendency to do a thing simply because everyone else is doing it. It
        becomes a "thing," a fad that must be done to keep on the inside circle.
        There's little originality, little thought, but a lot of following along
        in beaten paths.
        It is a mistaken idea to believe that all I see with my eyes and the
        limits of my thinking are the limits of the world. There is a tremendous
        interesting world out there never before investigated, and I am an
        individual like no one else.
        It is quite marvelous to break through the shell of the middling and to
        discover the ability to see and feel, and to hear more keenly. Suddenly,
        I can feel more kindly, not because of who I am on this earth, but
        because I'm a child of God.
        I can see more color, more light, more vision because I'm not being
        shown, I'm discovering. My world is no longer based on passing fancies,
        but on lasting built slowly within me, with love.
        We are always rich when we have courage. It is not the circumstance in
        which we find ourselves but how we handle it that makes the difference.
        If nothing ever challenged us we might not know our strength - we might
        never feel the power to overcome something that gives us courage to
        tackle another o ta li, mountain. Giving up does not come on us
        suddenly, but we cultivate it on a daily basis. Everything, success or
        failure - or even mediocrity - settles on us as we get ready for it.
        When we think and talk failure, it happens. When we think we can do
        something, we can do it. It takes as much effort to lose as it does to
        win - sometimes more. But to think courage, to think strength, is the
        breath of life.
        ~ Why don't you talk and go straight and all will be well? ~
        BLACK KETTLE
        "When you are in the woods, you cannot ever be lost. You are surrounded
        by friends and surrounded by God."
        --Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE
        Every plant, every animal, every insect, every bird, every tree is made
        up of God. God is life and everything is alive. When you are hunting,
        remember all nature is your friend. All nature has purpose. All nature
        participates in the life cycle. Nature communicates; Nature talks;
        Nature listens; Nature forgives; Nature respects; Nature loves. Nature
        lives in harmony. Nature follows the law. Nature is kind. Nature is
        balance. The woods are alive and beautiful. She is our friend.
        Great Spirit,
        let me honor
        and respect
        the forest