Daily Meditation~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 92 , Dec 15, 2002
      If you've ever been alone in a strange place, you're bound to know how
      wonderful it is to have someone make you feel welcome.
      Many people have the knack for being at home in whatever place they find
      themselves. And in this gift they find no loneliness to tug at them, but
      more often than not most of us feel like strangers. And in doing so we
      set ourselves apart, or make it sometimes questionable as to the wisdom
      of asking us into a friendly circle.
      A friendly face and a friendly voice can make the most timid souls feel
      welcome. It can make them feel at home. For in the midst of many there
      is loneliness. Perhaps it is because our feigned look of
      self-sufficiency made someone question our need for help.
      Many a door has opened, and many a sound friendship won when someone
      said, "We're glad to help you...." The very atmosphere can be charged
      with concern when we see others who cannot find their way. The warmth of
      divine love is for daily use in making someone feel welcome.
      We should not forget nor fail to see the wisdom of Hebrews 13:2: "Be not
      forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained
      angels unaware."
      There must be no stronger feeling in the hearts of most people than the
      desire to belong. To belong to something, to someone, and in a place
      where the feeling is warm and friendly. The most blessed children in
      town are the ones who have the tightly knit sense of belonging to
      everyone. Suddenly these children are not just the children of their
      parents, but the children of everyone in the church, in school, and
      anywhere where there is warmth and love and peace.
      War rages within so many, disallowing them any connection or any strand
      of love that would tie them to anything that gives them a sense of
      security. And when people become insecure they become demanding. And in
      demanding they lose the most essential part - the ability to attract
      love to themselves simply by loving first.
      In the words of William Blake: "Love seeketh not itself to please....
      Nor for itself hath any care.... But  for another gives its ease....
      And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair."
      Some of my most productive moments are not when I consider how evil the
      world is, but how powerful is my God.
      Some of the best times are not all when I'm enjoying life, but when
      those I love are knowing happiness.
      The highest peak of wealth comes when the joy within surpasses anything
      I can create out here.
      The bloom of good health is felt more richly when I let it flow through
      me rather than dwelling on the possibility of sickness.
      Friendships are strongest and most true when I don't worry about giving
      more than I receive.
      In order that others forgive me, I must also learn to forgive.
      I must never forget that negative thoughts feed on fear and starve on
      faith.
      One of the greatest mistakes I can make is to believe myself to be
      without friend or faith or opportunity.
      These personal proverbs belong to all thinking persons who want their
      lives to have more meaning, know more happiness and feel more richly the
      love that is the medicine for the sickness of the world.
      December 15 - Daily Feast
      Sit here with me and listen to the woods. Did you know the trees can
      talk? They do. They tell me all sorts of tales, for most have been here
      several hundred years and they have seen such things that we can't even
      imagine. Yes, they have spoken of the wild animals, the strange ones and
      they have seen the things that made the huge boulders tumble from the
      ground. They have seen the floods that left these shells buried in the
      earth. And they can tell of people - your own ancestors. But others,
      too, drovers with herds of cattle, outlaws and hunters, devious men
      hiding their cache. Some have left carvings on the stone. Put your arms
      around that tree as far as you can reach and listen.... what do you
      hear?
      ~ Holy Mother Earth, the trees and all nature, are witness of your
      thoughts and deeds. ~
      A WINNEBAGO WISE SAYING
      'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II' by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - December 15
      "People are equal partners with the plants and animals, not their
      masters who exploit them."
      --Haida Gwaii, Traditional Circle of Elders
      As human beings, we are not above anything nor are we below anything.
      Because of being equal, we need to discuss a little about the value of
      respect. Not just respect when it comes to human beings, but respect
      when it comes to everything. We are not masters over things; we are
      caretakers for the Great Spirit. We need to treat all things with
      respect.
      Great Spirit,
      let me accept
      and see all
      things as
      equal.
      Message 92 of 92 , Jul 3, 2003
        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Thu, Jul 3, 2003, 1:22am To:
        [openfires] July 3 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        openfires@yahoogroups.com
        In the frantic search for something that has meaning to life, we have a
        tendency to do a thing simply because everyone else is doing it. It
        becomes a "thing," a fad that must be done to keep on the inside circle.
        There's little originality, little thought, but a lot of following along
        in beaten paths.
        It is a mistaken idea to believe that all I see with my eyes and the
        limits of my thinking are the limits of the world. There is a tremendous
        interesting world out there never before investigated, and I am an
        individual like no one else.
        It is quite marvelous to break through the shell of the middling and to
        discover the ability to see and feel, and to hear more keenly. Suddenly,
        I can feel more kindly, not because of who I am on this earth, but
        because I'm a child of God.
        I can see more color, more light, more vision because I'm not being
        shown, I'm discovering. My world is no longer based on passing fancies,
        but on lasting built slowly within me, with love.
        We are always rich when we have courage. It is not the circumstance in
        which we find ourselves but how we handle it that makes the difference.
        If nothing ever challenged us we might not know our strength - we might
        never feel the power to overcome something that gives us courage to
        tackle another o ta li, mountain. Giving up does not come on us
        suddenly, but we cultivate it on a daily basis. Everything, success or
        failure - or even mediocrity - settles on us as we get ready for it.
        When we think and talk failure, it happens. When we think we can do
        something, we can do it. It takes as much effort to lose as it does to
        win - sometimes more. But to think courage, to think strength, is the
        breath of life.
        ~ Why don't you talk and go straight and all will be well? ~
        BLACK KETTLE
        "When you are in the woods, you cannot ever be lost. You are surrounded
        by friends and surrounded by God."
        --Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE
        Every plant, every animal, every insect, every bird, every tree is made
        up of God. God is life and everything is alive. When you are hunting,
        remember all nature is your friend. All nature has purpose. All nature
        participates in the life cycle. Nature communicates; Nature talks;
        Nature listens; Nature forgives; Nature respects; Nature loves. Nature
        lives in harmony. Nature follows the law. Nature is kind. Nature is
        balance. The woods are alive and beautiful. She is our friend.
        Great Spirit,
        let me honor
        and respect
        the forest