Earth Changes TV/Breaking News - Geomagnetic Storm "Off The Chart"

  • Mitch Battros
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24 11:27 PM
      Geomagnetic Storm "Off The Chart"...11/25/02
      by Mitch Battros (ECTV)

      NOAA is reporting the Kp index as literally off the chart. I am not sure if I have ever seen an 'off the chart' magnitude as the one presented at approx. 8:30 PM (pacific) . For a period of 15 minutes, around 8:30 PM (pacific), the Kp index spiked past 9 and literally off the chart. As the chart changes every 15 minutes, the spike is gone leaving the latest index at 5.

      The Kp index is derived, at the U.S. Air Force Space Forecast Center, using data from ground-based magnetometers from several sites in the US and Canada.  K-index of 5 or greater indicates storm-level geomagnetic activity. Geomagnetic storms have been associated with satellite surface charging and increased atmospheric drag. (see equation)

      Kp index definition:  http://www.gfz-potsdam.de/pb2/pb23/GeoMag/niemegk/kp_index/kp.html

      Equation:
      Sunspots => Solar Flares => Magnetic Field Shift => Shifting Ocean and Jet Stream Currents => Extreme
      Weather and Human Disruption (mitch battros)

      At about the same time as the Kp spike, I received this notice from a personal friend who lives in  Buenos Aires. It is pure speculation as to a connection of these incidents. However, I am not ruling out a possible cause and effect event. During the translation from spanish to english, emphasis may have been lost. It is unknown as to the exact cause of the explosion. At this time, I have zero reports from other geographical areas which indicate power grid or satellite damage or outage.

      Gigantic Blackout Leaves 8 Million Without Power

      Buenos Aires, Nov. 24  -- A gigantic blackout caused by an explosion in the substation were tension remains high and located near the Buenos Aires party of Ezeiza. The blackout has left more than four million Argentineans without power or water. During this time of year (summer), many suffer from suffocating temperatures. As a result of the power outage, approximately eight million Argentine Water clients remain without water work services.

      If the geomagnetic Kp index holds to be true, expect spectacular Northern Lights to hit low latitudes perhaps as far south as Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Kentucky, North Carolina. The not so good news; is the same geomagnetic storm that produces beautiful lights in the sky, can also blow out power grids and harm satellites. Not to mention the space station and space shuttle. I wonder if this was behind the reasoning for delaying the space shuttle for two weeks before its blast off Friday night.

      I certainly welcome NASA employees to share anything you may have heard. I promise to keep your name confidential, but I will share your information, provided it can be verified, with over 14 million of my closest friends.

      This Week on ECTV
      With all this craziness running around our world, I have invited Sonia Haynes - author of "The Power of Love" and international motivational speaker, to be on today's Earth Changes TV television show. I will air our "live" interview the same night at 7 PM (pacific) 10 PM (eastern).  Listen: http://www.live365.com/stations/earthchanges?site=earthchanges

      Thought For The Day

      "Said the little boy, 'Sometimes I drop my spoon.' Said the little old man, 'I do that too.' The little boy whispered, 'I wet my pants.' 'I do that too,' laughed the little old man. Said the little boy, 'I often cry.' The old man nodded, 'So do I.' 'But worst of all,' said the boy, 'it seems Grown-ups don't pay attention to me.' And he felt the warmth of a wrinkled old hand. 'I know what you mean,' said the little old man."

                                                                                               - Shel Silverstein

      Receive Your "Free" ECTV Newsletter: http://www.earthchangestv.com/newsletter.htm

      Subscribe To Earth Changes TV For Full Access: http://www.earthchangestv.com/subscribe.htm

      Herbal Magnetic Therapies of America: 1 888 411-HEAL http://www.herbalmagnetic.com