Daily Meditation~~~~>

    Message 1 of 130 , Nov 17, 2002
      Lie offers us a great deal of stormy weather. In the beginning we are
      quite strong about it, taking things in stride and moving confidently
      along. The things that test us seem to give us extra strength we didnt
      know belonged to us. And quite suddenly there is awareness that enough
      is enough. But life doesnt know it, and the storm goes on and so do we.
      Even though we are quite willing to give as long as we have to give,
      there seems to be no more stretch to the strength, either spiritually,
      mentally, or physically. We question how much longer, how many more
      times we shall be able to reach into our bag of reserves to borrow
      another ounce of strength.
      Of course, the first thing we must do is to take our minds off the thing
      as we do not want it, and begin to think steadily about how we do want
      it. It allows our creative minds to find the answers. It may mean we
      will have to wait awhile in the dark, but when the light comes, it is
      radiant.
      There are many things that stay our feet along the way, but faith that
      this too will pass can make that way serene.
      November 17 - Daily Feast
      Once we have been afraid of something it is never hard to be afraid of
      it again. The memory hangs in the back of the kind the way an insect can
      get caught in a swinging fragment of spider web. Although the same
      experience may not come again, even its possibility is terrorizing. Fear
      is our most common emotion. It is the magicians stick that stirs the
      bubbling brew of all our negative feelings. Somewhere in our growing up
      years we learned to hide our deepest fears but now and again we find
      them all over again. Action, doing something constructive, meets fear on
      the darkest path and does not flinch. We give life a quiet balance when
      we say to fear, You are not acceptable. I am in control and I choose
      freedom.
      ~ It behooves you to learn well what you are taught here. ~
      SITTING BULL - SIOUX
      'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II' by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - November 17
      "Humbleness means peace, honesty -- all mean Hopi. True, honest, perfect
      words -- that's what we call Hopi words. In all languages, not just in
      Hopi. We strive to be Hopi. We call ourselves Hopi because maybe one or
      two of us will become Hopi. Each person must look into their heart and
      make changes so that you may become Hopi when you reach your
      destination."
      --Percy Lomaquahu, HOPI
      The Creator has made available to us all the laws, principles and values
      which we need to know to live in harmony. The Creator also designed each
      human being to learn and grow by trail and error. We have tools to help
      us live the right way. We have prayers, visions, nature, teachers,
      Elders, and we have the Great Spirit to talk to and ask for help when we
      have problems. We also have choice. To walk the Red Road takes courage
      and a lot of prayer.
      Creator, give
      me courage to
      walk the Red
      Road.
      Message 130 of 130 , Jul 23, 2003
        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 23, 2003, 9:08am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 23 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        How weak-willed we are at times when we've made a decision and know we
        must stand on it. It is so much easier to give in to the easy way of
        doing things.
        We are almost a "house divided against itself," and the strain of
        staying with a decision seems almost our enemy. But we never gain much
        stature by giving in to ourselves against our better judgement. And we
        never get anywhere by scattering our efforts.
        Making a decision is difficult enough without losing one's determination
        in following through. Laying down the responsibility is someone like
        warning children to behave themselves and then permitting them to
        continue to misbehave.
        How long has it been since you've proven to yourself that you mean
        business in carrying out a plan?
        A man of wisdom has written that we have firmness of character when we
        have the ability to say "no" to the wrong as well as to those things
        which are good but stand in the way of our progress.
        Always remember that to want something that is good and right is the
        blessing. God gave us that ability to desire or we would never have
        thought of using it. But God also gave us the ability to cry, to feel
        pain, and the freedom to choose whether we go on or quit.
        In our lives we face many decisions. Some are hard to make because we
        know we must turn our backs upon something that seems harmless at the
        moment simply because we know it would not be good in the long run.
        But there are also decisions that are more challenge than decision. They
        are the good things that are placed before us, and our will to follow
        through is tested. When defeat seems sure, then is the time to begin to
        fight. When others are quitting, then is the time to throw more strength
        into the battle. Anything worth having is worth working for, and is of
        lasting value.
        Very often these sieges must be made silently and without seeming
        effort. And yet we know we cannot get something for nothing. We have a
        service to perform. We can make it a drudge, or we can make it a
        delightful experience, according to our faith. Be persistent. Unless you
        do not particularly want your dreams to come true, you can't afford to
        know the meaning of apathy. You must continually be on the scene with
        the muscles of your mind toned.
        It isn't difficult to have a dream. But it often ceases at that point.
        The willingness to follow through, the determination to look
        impossibilities in the eye and trudge on must be practiced before that
        dream can amount to anything.
        All along life's road there are those who would discourage you, every
        often in ignorance, not realizing the effect of their words upon you. It
        is then that you must muster the strength to believe that theirs is only
        an opinion while your plans are based on the principle that all good
        things come to those who hustle while they wait.
        It is too bad that they cannot see your invisible companions,
        persistence, faith, and a worthwhile plan. Smile and walk on.
        There is a Divine Being with whom we can place all our obstacles, all
        our doubts and fears - and then our work begins. We give lovingly of
        friendship, of any kind of help that we are capable of giving, of
        positive words and thoughts and understanding.
        Give without thought of return. For while we are giving with loving
        selflessness, life shapes for us our heart's desire.
        Much is lost through misunderstanding - and often because we want
        someone to know we are angry. We choose to think they intentionally
        displease us, though we know nothing of their circumstance of what their
        thoughts really were. It must be an ego-building thing to believe that
        someone is trying to offend us. Somehow it gives an importance where
        there had been none. We have the uncanny knack of building a sad story
        with such realism that it makes us think we are more important than we
        are. It is not enjoyable to be the kind of person who wants to
        misunderstand - not only other people, but also life itself. It is
        painful to be unhappy and disagreeable, but some cannot resist the
        temptation.
        ~ It has come to me through the bushes that you are not united
        (agreeable); come to me when you are united. ~
        BIG BEAR
        "...the greatest strength is in gentleness."
        --Leon Shenandoah, ONONDAGA
        Our Elders have taught us many lessons about becoming a Warrior and how
        to think and act like one. We have been told about the power of
        gentleness. We have been told about the power of the stillness. Physical
        power is about effort. Mental power is the opposite. It's about being
        effortless or less any effort. Gentleness is one of the greatest
        attributes of the Warrior and one of the greatest mental powers. It
        takes a lot of love to be gentle. Gentleness is not an ego word.
        Gentleness is the weapon of the Great Spirit.
        My Creator,
        today I will be gentle
        with myself
        and with others.