ECTV/Breaking News - Mega Quake Hits Sumatra,Indonesia Measures 7.5 Magnitude

  • Mitch Battros
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1 9:21 PM
      Mega Quake Hits Sumatra,Indonesia Measures 7.5 Magnitude...11/02/02
      by Mitch Battros (ECTV)

      Here is the location compared to near by cities: Location with respect to nearby cities:

      175 miles (280 km) WSW of Medan, Sumatra, Indonesia, 180 miles (290 km) SSE of Banda Aceh, Sumatra, Indonesia
      380 miles (615 km) W of KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia, 960 miles (1545 km) NW of JAKARTA, Java, Indonesia

      - Pacific Tsunami Warning Center/NOAA/NWS Issued at 0159Z 02 NOV 2002
      - This Bulletin is for all areas of the Pacific Basin except California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia and Alaska
      - This is a Tsunami Information Message...No Action Required.

      An Earthquake, Preliminary Magnitude 7.5, Occurred at 0126 UTC 2 November 2002, Located Near Latitude 3 0 N. Longitude  96 OE In The Vicinity of Northern Sumatra, Indonesia

      Evaluation: No Destructive Pacific - Wide Tsunami Treat Exists. However, Some Areas May Experience Small Sea Level Changes. This Will Be The Only Bulletin Issued Unless Additional Information becomes available.

      No Pacific-Wide Tsunami Warning Is In Effect

      Recipients of This Message Located In California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, and Alaska Should Refer Only To West Coast/Alaska Tsunami Warning Center Messages For Information About Any Tsunami Threat In Those Areas

      This breaking news event comes right on the heels of the tragedy in Italy when a 5.7 magnitude quake hit just 7 hours after a deadly quake killing 26 children and 3 adults.

      As if this was not enough, Mt. Etna continues to heat up with gushing lava from fractures on its southern slope for more than a week, threatening local settlements. The data from space give the authorities on the ground additional information that they can use to manage the situation.

      "The current eruption started on 17th July but  new fractures are opening up all the time," said Dr Kate Evans-Jones, from the Remote Sensing Data Analysis Service (RSDAS) at the Plymouth Marine Laboratory, UK.

      Those in prophecy tell us to watch Mt. Vesuvius. It is said, if Vesuvius goes, this will be the sign that earth changes will quickly pick up pace, and the world would witness earthquakes in the 8.0 to 9.0 range. Several volcanoes will activate along the ring of fire.

      Lets take a moment to gain some foundation of current science is telling us today, and compare symptoms and actions against what ancient text has said of these times.

      Italian and French researchers have discovered a massive layer of magma eight kilometers (five miles) below Mount Vesuvius, the Italian volcano which last underwent a major eruption in 1944. The layer is much bigger than they expected and appears to stretch beneath Vesuvius and neighboring volcanoes such as the Phlegraean Fields close to Naples itself.

      Paolo Gasparini of the University of Naples Federico II told BBC News Online that he and his colleagues had taken a snapshot of the situation under the mountain. The snapshot does not provide any indication of what will happen beneath Vesuvius in the future, but it does point to a zone which should be monitored for seismic clues.

      Seismic survey

      "There is a huge amount of available magma under Vesuvius," he said. "It was really unexpected for the reservoir to be that size."

      Dr Gasparini is part of a European team which carried out surveys of the rock beneath Vesuvius in 1996 and 1997.  "We collected a huge amount of data. There has been very extensive work processing the data and interpreting it," he said.

      The team detonated several tones of explosives in over a dozen locations around the mountain and measured the shock waves from the explosions after they passed beneath the volcano. They also let off hundreds of shots from guns aboard a ship in the Bay of Naples.

      The layer they found beneath Vesuvius stretches across 400 square kilometers (154 square miles), but they were unable to tell how thick it is. But they are now carrying out more surveys to find out exactly how far it stretches beneath other volcanoes.
      The research is published in the journal Science.

      Now, lets factor in solar activity to see if there could be a correlation between this latest swarm of damaging quakes, and stream of geomagnetic storms which started 7 days ago.

      Is it just a coincidence starting on October 22nd 2002, was the beginning of a ten day swarm of geomagnetic storms. We have had back to back M-Class storms, Sharp Electron Flux, CME's and super charges solar winds. I am sure our Earth's magnetic field has been doing double time bouncing away such an on slaught.

      I suspect we will be witness to more "freak storms" in the way of high winds which appear to come out of know where causing quite a bit of destruction. This is caused by the super charged magnetic storms pounding away on our magnetic field which in turn 'warps' the field around the Earth to where it kind of looks like a cocoon. When this occurs, it pushes the jet stream from it usual 27,000 to 31,000 feet; all the way down 'to the deck'.

      Sunspots => Solar Flares => Magnetic Shift => Shifting Ocean and Jet Stream Currents => Extreme Weather
      and Human Disruption (mitch battros)

      This week I have received more emails then ever before telling of how people are feeling. Conflict, anger, rage, depression, feeling disconnected, free floating anxiety, not wanting to go out, apathy, fatigue and a sense of pressure both literally and figuratively.

      Is this not further evidence we as humans are indeed connected to the universe in both the good (spirit) and challenging (emotions). I will say as an affirmation for myself, I am a student of "cycles". As such, I can see the ebb and flow of our mission here on Earth, as well as the Earth (itself) journey of growth.

      Now add into the equation...Mayan Prophecy. Really, better described as gateway to the other side. After interviewing the last 30 quest over the same 30 week period, 80% ended up having to say something about the interpersonal challenges we are up against today. Right Now! In This Moment!. It is often described as the proverbial "fork in the road". We have a choice in this very moment to choose a path of familiar, certain, predictable, known, usual, understood; Or we can choose the path of change, feeling uneasy, unfamiliar, unsure, grace, humble, different, new, ackward, perceived weakness.

      Is there a thread that weaves through both roads? Yes, it is the thread of ego! This has to be every humans greatest challenge. Often humility is mis-taken for weakness. But I would say, those of humility I have met along my journey, had been the ones who scared me the most. Not by their intent, but by not knowing how to handle someone who is not engineered by ego. They always have a sense of peace about them. Kind, gentle, knowing and display a keen sense of self. You can't rattle these people, they just send the energy right back at you, and without provocation. However the person on the other side of this energy might certainly perceive it as threatening. Being humble does not exclude emotions. This person can get mad, sad, scared, happy... just like the rest of us. It may have more to do with acceptance, tolerance, forgiveness and compassion.

      The Hopi's, Anasazi, Dogons, Aztecs, Mayans, Egyptians, Sumarians, Essenes, Tibetans, and the list goes on......... our ancestors, or elders, or decedents. Is it no surprise they all share one singleness of purpose or message. Change will come, then change will come again. One could add... Change will come, and you will be different!

      There are some in our ancient history who might have been better story tellers then others. Or should I say, keepers of history. And history tells us we are in the 'intense' cycle of change. What once was, may still be here, but it is different. I believe this is closer to the message than the old...What once was, is no more. Although this is a true statement as well, it just leaves out all the middle stuff which is what I would describe as the interpersonal conflict we suffer today.

      More on this in an upcoming article.....

      Thought For The Day

      "It is when we understand the past, we will know the present, which tells us of the future"

                                                                                                ~Mitch Battros

      Receive Your "Free" ECTV Newsletter: http://www.earthchangestv.com/newsletter.htm

      Subscribe To Earth Changes TV For Full Access: http://www.earthchangestv.com/subscribe.htm

      Herbal Magnetic Therapies of America: 1 888 411 HEAL  http://www.herbalmagnetic.com