Daily Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 87 , Oct 25, 2002
      There are very few days when we have control of our time. No matter what
      our schedules may be, there is always a change taking place that keeps
      something from happening when it is supposed to happen. And when the day
      is ended and our schedules have not been met, then it begins to drag on
      our spirits.
      Soon we become so wound up in the problems of the moment that the
      delights of our souls drift away and become a part of the most of
      "someday." Someday I will get to do what I want to do. Someday when this
      necessary work is finished - and is it possible that the things we
      believe to be so necessary are really robbers of our lives? Do we spend
      too much time with the menial tasks and allow our creativity - the
      ability to bring newness into our lives - to dry up and become
      nonexistent?
      William Blake called this within us "God." One of the greatest poets
      ever to live, he believed that if we keep alive our ability to see and
      feel the beauty of life, our menial tasks will become easy and the way
      successful.
      Yesterday is only a dream, tomorrow only a vision, but today - we live.
      If we live as we should, our yesterdays will be dreams of happiness, and
      our tomorrows will be visions of hope.
      Nothing is so sad as the man who spends all his time today judging
      tomorrow by his experiences of yesterday. He has a vision, but his faith
      does not support him to pursue it. If some great stroke of good fortune
      should overtake him, he will be all ready to go, but he doesn't really
      expect it to happen. So today he sits waiting for the world to change
      for him, never guessing that he is the one who must change.
      No one is so misled as the woman who has such a busy schedule that she
      hasn't tiem to listen to her children. She expects to take the time to
      play with them - someday. But it is today that the bridges must be built
      from the soul to the body to the spirit. It isn't something built from a
      quick kiss or a smart smack in the right place, but from daily communion
      and understanding.
      Today is the very life of life when the best things are nearest - breath
      in our nostrils, light in our eyes, lowers at our feet, duties at our
      hand, and the path of God before us.
      October 25 - Daily Feast
      At one time, most of us thought we knew it all, and later on, we wished
      we had kept quiet until we had learned something. Discovering the depth
      of one thing makes us think we have tapped a reserve of wisdom and
      knowledge. What we really learned was how much there is left to learn.
      We want to know; it is our nature. But most rebel at being taught,
      especially the things of the spirit. What we learn should always be
      carefully examined - but never with the intellect alone and always with
      the spirit. Life, itself, is the spirit and it should never be allowed
      to suffer malnutrition.
      ~ The roots of the tree of his life have not yet grasped the rock and
      soil. ~
      STANDING BEAR - LAKOTA
      'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II' by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - October 25
      "What does it matter how long I pray, so long as my prayers are
      answered?"
      --Sitting Bull, HUNKPAPA LAKOTA
      Too often we worry about the words we use in prayer. We focus on the
      words. What really counts is the spirit and intent behind our words. It
      is the spirit and intent that the Creator responds to. He reads and
      listens to our heart. Prayer isn't only when we fold our hands and pray.
      Prayer is when we talk to the Creator even when we are walking down a
      path or sitting on a hill or walking in the mountains. The Elders say,
      walk in prayer. We should be willing to talk with the Great One.
      Great Spirit,
      today I will
      pray to You all
      day. Listen to
      my heart.
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 31 7:59 PM
        Hi All Donna will be posting the daily Meditation starting tomorrow i
        will be on a vacation for until Sept 4th thank you Donna ~Will miss you
        all ~Have a good summer Hugs~~~~~~~>Jeanne

        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 30, 2003, 10:01am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 30 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        We pray for a change, we hope for a change, but we wait impatiently. Is
        God not hearing us? We asked. Where is the answers?
        If our prayers were suddenly answered, would we be ready? Or would we
        look behind us for the familiar things, the people, the habits, the
        routine?
        If we were instantly healed, instantly prospered, instantly sought after
        and loved, then what would we do? Attention, compassion and self-pity
        are sometimes more important than having everything changed for the
        better. The fear of being without something to keep us working with the
        same burden, dealing with familiar pain, can stop us from knowing what
        it is to be free and well.
        If we can envision life without a particular problem we can turn our
        minds to real change and have it happen. If we can see change, receive
        it, and know the joy, then gratitude and thanksgiving sets it in place.
        We talk about choosing our friends, but true friends are self-selected.
        It is they who decide to respond and by what method. And finally they
        make themselves our friends by being loyal and having a genuine concern
        for our well being - or allowing privacy when it is needed.
        Acquaintances wait and judge. And sometimes it is better to be
        acquaintances when we cannot find a common ground on which to be
        friends. There is honesty in admitting we cannot be dear friends to all
        people. But there is always something special. A friend is a unali -
        without question or fear or concern for equal time. This is why friends
        are dear to us. They have chosen to be so.
        ~ The white man does not obey the Great Spirit; that is why the Indian
        never could agree with him. ~
        FLYING HAWK
        "You want to know who's a real medicine man? He's the one who doesn't
        say 'I'm a medicine man.' He doesn't ask you to come to him. You've got
        to go and ask him. And you'll find he's always there among his own
        people."
        --Louis Farmer, ONONDAGA
        The Medicine Man is a role model of what it is like to live in harmony
        and balance with the Creator. It takes a long time, a lot of sacrifice
        and discipline to become a Medicine Man. A Medicine Man is humble and
        never crass about anything. He knows he lives to do the will of the
        Great Spirit. He knows he is to help the people. He lives very low key -
        the more low key he lives, the more people seek him out - and such is
        life. The more one serves the people and is quiet about it, the more he
        is sought out. The quieter he is, the more powerful is his medicine.
        Great Spirit,
        allow me this day
        to be humble.
        Allow me this day