A Native American Artist~~~>

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2002
      Hi Everyone this was sent to me from my friend Zeph a Dakota Sioux from
      SD i am passing it on to you all to see. ~~~~~>Jeanne

      Good morning Zeph!!
      Your exhibit is going very well. We have had lots of people in to browse
      around and look over your artwork. The quilts are very popular and
      people have taken quite an interest in your sister - we had to make more
      copies of the newspaper article about her.
      The emotions expressed in your art of "Tribute to the Forgotten
      Worriers" and "They Gave Their All" has really touched a lot of people.
      It has given me the idea to check out the possibility of offering a
      print to the Smithsonian in Washington DC through Americans For the
      Arts. They have a dynamic display of the Vietnam War and it would be my
      hope that they would add your art piece to this display. I might like to
      hand deliver a print in April when I go to DC and see where we go from
      there.
      When I point out to people the stipple work and how it is done they are
      just in awe of the amount of work and talent you put into your pieces. I
      don't know how you do it!!! Have you ever taught a class in stipple art?
      Would you ever consider teaching a class?
      Saturday we will be open 1 - 4 PM with a volunteer curator.
      I am so honored to be able to show your work. Thank you for sharing!
      Today is a beautiful day - every day we are alive is a beautiful day.
      Peace and love to you.
      Yours for the Arts,
      Carolyn Cappel, Executive Director
      Yankton Area Arts Association