Earth Changes TV/Breaking News - New Planet Discovered; Is It Planet-X?

  • Mitch Battros
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2002
      New Planet Discovered; Is It Planet-X?...10/08/02
      by Mitch Battros (ECTV)

      Just released moments ago, NASA reports a new planet has just been discovered. The discoverers, Michael Brown and Chadwick Trujillo of the California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, Calif. have named it "Quaoar". (pronounced kwa-whar) after a Native American god.

      "Quaoar" (also known as 2002 LM60) hasn't been officially named yet. It's too new. The International Astronomical Union
      will make the final decision. Trujillo and Brown suggested "Quaoar" after a creation god of the Native American Tongva
      tribe--the original inhabitants of the Los Angeles basin where Caltech is located. According to legend, Quaoar "came down
      from heaven; and, after reducing chaos to order, laid out the world on the back of seven giants. He then created the lower
      animals, and then mankind."

      "Quaoar" lies a billion kilometers beyond Pluto and moves around the Sun every 288 years in a near-perfect circle. Like the planet Pluto, Quaoar dwells in the Kuiper Belt, an icy debris field of comet-like bodies extending 5 billion kilometers beyond Neptune's orbit. Over the past decade more than 500 icy bodies--Kuiper-Belt Objects or "KBOs" for short--have been found there. With a few exceptions all have been significantly smaller than Pluto.

      Is this it? Is this the famed Planet-X? The timing is right, but is the size and position of origin? Will the Planet-X people support this finding, or will it be passed over with hopes of a much larger and Earth directed planet to yet appear? Tension is high, but I believe hopes (if you want to identify it this way) is low. None the less, it is titillating news. ECTV will keep a honest eye to the sky and remain open to tangible evidence as in this case.

      Fireball Races Across Sky

      (AP) A fireball with a long tail of orange and green flames raced through the Western sky Sunday night, visible across Colorado and in southeastern Utah and southern Wyoming. A scientist and a military spokesman said it was probably a meteor.

      "People said it had a 500-foot tail and it was huge, like a meteor, and green and orange," said Kristy Lee, a La Plata County sheriff's dispatcher in southwestern Colorado.

      The fireball was reported at about 7:30 p.m. from Pueblo, Colo., about 100 miles south of Denver; to Blanding, Utah, about 280 miles southwest of Denver; to Rawlins, Wyo., about 180 miles northwest of Denver.

      Larry Esposito, a University of Colorado professor of astrophysics and planetary science, said the reports sounded like a meteor. "A meteor falling could be enough to surprise a lot of people," he said.

      No man-made objects fell from space Sunday night, said Maj. Ed Thomas, a spokesman for the North American Aerospace Defense Command in Colorado Springs, which tracks satellites and thousands of pieces of space debris.

      "We don't have a mission to track meteorites, but that's got to be what it is," Maj. Ed Thomas said.

      One Step Closer To "The Super-Douper Doppler Weatherman

      In this story, we will endeavor to present what we think is compelling evidence that relatively high levels of solar activity may have played a role in some of the more extreme and unusual weather we have experienced in the last year. We will also
      provide some additional data that suggest it also may have at times caused problems for the computer models we use to forecast the weather one to two weeks out.

      One factor usually ignored as a short-time climate driver is high solar activity near the peak of the 11-year cycle. This is because we meteorologists were often told when we were students in the classroom that the small changes in solar output
      over the 11-year cycle could not justify significant changes in the weather or climate. Most meteorologists are unaware of the recent research that shows there are indirect effects brought about by the high solar activity that greatly magnify the effect.

      Full Story: http://www.earthchangestv.com/secure/1002_1articles/05solar.htm

      Join me this Thursday October 10th on "Earth Changes TV Radio Hour". It is a 'live" internet broadcast from 7 - 8 PM (pacific), 10 - 11 PM (eastern). On the time and hour of the show, go to our home page and click on "click here to listen".
      Stay tuned for special guest announcement. If you have a person you would like to hear on the show, send their contact information to mailto:earthchanges@....

      Thought For The Day

      "Rhythm is the basis of life, not steady forward progress. The forces of creation, destruction, and preservation have a whirling, dynamic interaction."
                                                                                       - Kabbalah

      Receive Your "Free" ECTV Newsletter: http://www.earthchangestv.com/newsletter.htm

      Subscribe To Earth Changes TV For Full Access: http://www.earthchangestv.com/subscribe.htm

      Herbal Magnetic Therapies of America: http://www.herbalmagnetic.com