Daily Meditation~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 92 , Sep 30, 2002
      Available online! "Cherokee Feast of Days Volume III"
      "THINK on THESE THINGS"
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      The longest face and the saddest cry
      Always seem to come with the question why Why did you take what belonged
      to me?
      It has always been mine, or can't you see That you have no rights, no
      right to claim, And you did just that, you're to blame
      For all my unhappiness, all of my tears. Well, perhaps not all, part
      were my fears. And I suppose if I think I can also say
      That if I've lost anything, it's really the way That I treated the
      things that used to be mine. I saw clouds on the days where there was
      really sunshine, I turned often to darkness instead of the light. I saw
      all of the wrong, but never the right, And in all honesty I suppose I
      must say
      If I've lost anything, I gave it away.
      September 30 - Daily Feast
      Careless words and controversial thought can hang on the invisible like
      dust clouds and clog thinking and comprehension like the webs of
      cobbies. Personal space should be kept as clean as the plate you eat off
      of - and you should never open the door to heedless opinion. The
      atmosphere swarms with spoken words - and most are hostile and hardened
      by experience. If each of us could see with the naked eye our own
      personal words, even without the multitudes that belong to others, we
      would be appalled. The computer shows what is preserved on the internet,
      but think what people verbally send into the ethers - and every word
      frozen in time.
      ~ Black Hawk is a true Indian. He feels for his wife and children, his
      friends....they will suffer. He laments their fate. ~
      BLACK HAWK - SAC, Circa 1800
      'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II' by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      products from their website:
      http://www.whitebison.org
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 30
      "Don't be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts."
      --Don Talayesva, HOPI
      Human beings function from choice. We can choose to stuff things, or we
      can choose to let go of things. If we choose to stuff things, then we
      will feel a heaviness, or sorrow, self pity or fear. Sometimes we feel
      the need to cry. Sometimes we are taught it is not okay to cry. The
      creator designed the human being to cry. Crying is a release. This
      release allows us to let go of thoughts that are not helping us so we
      can open to new thoughts that will help. Crying is natural for women and
      men.
      Grandfather,
      if I need to cry,
      let me realize
      it's a natural
      process and
      help me to let
      go.
      ----------------------->
      Message 92 of 92 , Jul 3, 2003
        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Thu, Jul 3, 2003, 1:22am To:
        [openfires] July 3 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        openfires@yahoogroups.com
        In the frantic search for something that has meaning to life, we have a
        tendency to do a thing simply because everyone else is doing it. It
        becomes a "thing," a fad that must be done to keep on the inside circle.
        There's little originality, little thought, but a lot of following along
        in beaten paths.
        It is a mistaken idea to believe that all I see with my eyes and the
        limits of my thinking are the limits of the world. There is a tremendous
        interesting world out there never before investigated, and I am an
        individual like no one else.
        It is quite marvelous to break through the shell of the middling and to
        discover the ability to see and feel, and to hear more keenly. Suddenly,
        I can feel more kindly, not because of who I am on this earth, but
        because I'm a child of God.
        I can see more color, more light, more vision because I'm not being
        shown, I'm discovering. My world is no longer based on passing fancies,
        but on lasting built slowly within me, with love.
        We are always rich when we have courage. It is not the circumstance in
        which we find ourselves but how we handle it that makes the difference.
        If nothing ever challenged us we might not know our strength - we might
        never feel the power to overcome something that gives us courage to
        tackle another o ta li, mountain. Giving up does not come on us
        suddenly, but we cultivate it on a daily basis. Everything, success or
        failure - or even mediocrity - settles on us as we get ready for it.
        When we think and talk failure, it happens. When we think we can do
        something, we can do it. It takes as much effort to lose as it does to
        win - sometimes more. But to think courage, to think strength, is the
        breath of life.
        ~ Why don't you talk and go straight and all will be well? ~
        BLACK KETTLE
        "When you are in the woods, you cannot ever be lost. You are surrounded
        by friends and surrounded by God."
        --Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE
        Every plant, every animal, every insect, every bird, every tree is made
        up of God. God is life and everything is alive. When you are hunting,
        remember all nature is your friend. All nature has purpose. All nature
        participates in the life cycle. Nature communicates; Nature talks;
        Nature listens; Nature forgives; Nature respects; Nature loves. Nature
        lives in harmony. Nature follows the law. Nature is kind. Nature is
        balance. The woods are alive and beautiful. She is our friend.
        Great Spirit,
        let me honor
        and respect
        the forest