ECTV/Breaking News - ECTV Unites With Albuquerque Astronomical Society

  • Mitch Battros
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2002
      ECTV Unites With Albuquerque Astronomical Society...09/24/02
      by Mitch Battros (ECTV)

      I am thrilled to announce Earth Changes TV's new relationship with The Albuquerque Astronomical Society. I will have upcoming interviews with Dr. Kurt Anderson (Apache Point Observatory), Physicist Dr. Stephen Gregory, and G.B. Cornucopia (Chaco Canyon Connection) just to name a few.

      The way we met was truly that of synchronicity. I had just entered the gates to the New Mexico State Fair heading towards my favorite spot "Indian Village" where I absorb a multi-tribe powwow all day long. Watch for some incredible photos of the Powwow coming soon. They could be the best ever.

      Back to how ECTV and TAAS found our connection. I had just entered the fair grounds and I glance to the left to find someone with a telescope pointed to the sky. Of course I had to walk over and see what's up. That is when I met Chris Wilson. He said "take a look, I have it pointed to the Sun". Instant grin :-))). I said "why sure I'd love to". There sat a beautiful focus on a series of sunspot regions. I yelled out, "see the group to southwest, that's sunspot region 119...Wow, it sure keeps on growing. I would expect to see a few M-Class and X-Class flares coming within hours and could last for a few days." He turned and said, with a puzzled look on his face, "who are you?". Another big grin appears :-))  "My name is Mitch Battros. I produce a small TV show called Earth Changes TV. I've been studying the Sun and its connection with our Earth."

      It was about this time I told him of an equation I published in 1998. He asked me if I would like to meet a few of his colleagues. Of course I accepted and away we went. They are a very enthusiastic group and appear to have an open mind to 'outside science' influence. I enjoyed meeting each member of their organization who were present at the time. As a result of our chance meeting, I was invited their next event. This coming Saturday September 28th, TAAS will be hosting the "2002 Night Sky Conference". I will be there with my camera crew shooting the entire event. Watching for upcoming announcements for the viewing of this occasion.

      Remember back on August 1st when I told you we would be doing some field work in Chaco Canyon? At the time, I had no idea we would be connected with the foremost authorities of Chaco Canyon and Astronomy. But guess what? We have been invited to join TAAS along with a few NASA tag alongs (someone's got to put up with them) on Saturday, October 5th to an all night skywatchers party. But sky watching is not the only point of interest, we will be joined by Chad Moore (Nat'l Park Service) and Brad Shattuck (Chaco Culture Historian). This could be one of those occasions when current science and ancient text join together to ponder the events of today and what may come tomorrow.

      Stayed tuned as I bring to you first hand news as a result of our newly formed joint venture.

      Current Breaking News Items:

      - A Well-Studied Comet   - High Flyers Look for Fabled Asteroids Near Sun  - Galveston Officials Warn: Prepare for Isidore
      - Nearly 2,000 People Diagnosed With Virus, Officials Say  - Albania Declares Disaster as Floods Swamp Towns
      - Hope Fades for 80 Missing in Russia Mudslide  - NASA-Built Atomic Clock Does the Time Warp, Again
      - Autumnal Equinox  - Hieroglyphics Disclose Unknown War  - Global Warming To Chill Crops - Quakes Jolt Central Iran

      These are just from today alone breaking news stories you will find on ECTV's Breaking News Page... http://www.earthchangestv.com/breaking/index2000.htm

      Stay tuned to ECTV rated number one in Earth Science and Space Weather.

      This is the last week to take advantage of Earth Changes TV September Subscriber Special. If you join now, you can still receive 2 "free" months to your subscription when you sign up before the end of the month. If you have been waiting to afford a good deal, now is the time.  ECTV Sign Up: http://www.earthchangestv.com/subscribe.htm

      This Weeks Guest: Jose Arguelles - author "Time & The Technosphere". Listen "live" via the internet this Thursday at 8 PM (mountain) 7 PM (pacific). During the schedule time of this show, go to the ECTV home page and click on "Click here to listen". Remember, if you click on during the off schedule, you will receive a "error" or "unavailable" message.

      We will be "live" every Thursday at 7 PM (pacific) 8 PM (mountain) 10 PM (eastern). The name of the show is "Earth Changes TV Radio Hour". Next week is Dr. Tom Van Flandern - Former Director of US Naval Observatory.

      Thought For The Day

      "Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you have now was once among
      the things you only hoped for."

                                                                             - The Vatican Sayings, Epicurus

      Receive Your "Free" ECTV Newsletter: http://www.earthchangestv.com/newsletter.htm

      Subscribe To Earth Changes TV For Full Access: http://www.earthchangestv.com/subscribe.htm