Elder's Meditation~~~~>

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 22, 2002
      Thank you Arthur for this Elder's Miditation ~~~~~>Jeanne

      Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 22 Reply to:
      EAGLES_FLY@yahoogroups.com
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 22 "I think the spiritual
      values come first and everything else follows."
      --Leonard George, Chief Councilor
      To properly develop, the human being needs to learn the guiding
      principles. It is from these principles that we make our decisions.
      Spiritual values are the guiding principles given to us by the Great
      Spirit. He says if we live by these spiritual values, the results we
      experience will be good. These spiritual values will develop and guide
      the human being by helping us to think right. Right thinking will
      improve our choices and decisions. Doing this will bring good
      consequences.
      Great Spirit,
      teach me
      values first.
      http//www.whitebison.com
      ----------------------->
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 17, 2004
        Elder's Meditation of the Day September 17,2004
        "The old people must start talking and the young people must start
        listening."
        --Thomas Banyacya, HOPI
        We are at a critical time in transferring cultural knowledge, spiritual
        ways. During the last few years the young people have not been
        interested in learning the old ways. The only place this knowledge is
        found is among the Elders. We must encourage the young to visit with the
        Elders. The adults need to think also about learning the culture. The
        Elders are getting old and soon will go to the other side. Each of us
        must pause and think about our individual responsibility to learn the
        culture and teach this to our young.
        Great Spirit, help us to learn and remember the old ways.
        :<:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:
                          SOMETHING EXTRA TO
        THINK ABOUT
                         Msit Nókmaq/All My
        Relations,
         It is important to listen to the older people because they have a lot
        to share. But one should not make a deciscion without seeing all sides
        of the coin first. This also keeps the traditions going forward.
                  Gitsch Manito-Creator,Wásóq-Spiritworld,
         Thank you for the Elders.
           Welálin-Thank You,Chi-Miigwetch

        .^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.
        "Just a little more for today" Replace the word animals with humans If
        you talk to the animals/HUMANS they will talk with you And you will know
        each other. If you do not talk to them You will not know them, And what
        you do not know you will fear. What one fears,One
        destroys. Chief Dan George
        FREEDOM FOR LEONARD PELTIER "USA's NUMBER ONE POLITICAL PRISONER"
        http://www.freepeltier.org
        Only when the last tree has died And the last river been poisoned And
        the last fish been caught Will we realize that we cannot eat money.
        http://www.anapsid.org/
        Express yourself with Y! Messenger! Free.
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 23, 2004
          Elder's Meditation of the Day September 23,2004 "When that spirit comes,
          we don't ever ask questions. If I don't understand, I just hold onto it.
          Then later down the road, maybe in a couple of years, I understand what
          that spirit meant."
          --Wallace Black Elk, LAKOTA
          At certain spiritual events or happenings, it is possible for the
          spirits to come. Sometimes these spirits look like sparklers of light,
          sometimes you can feel them, sometimes they will look like live human
          beings. The spirits always come for a reason. When we deal with the
          spirit world, we need to be patient. The Great Spirit will tell us the
          meaning of these happenings when He is ready.
          Great Spirit, let me be aware of Your presence.
          :<:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:>
                                  SOMETHING
          EXTRA TO THINK ABOUT
                         Msit Nókmaq/All My
          Relations,
            The Spirit world has more say than what some humans believe they
          can have. To dictate to another how to pray,when to pray or where to
          pray is against Creators logic. Daily we need to turn it all over to
          Creator and the Spirit world so they can perform the magic needed to
          help us in our walk. Please do not ever try to control another human
          being,this is not a good thing. We all have a bad enough time trying to
          control our ownselves.
                                  Gitsch
          Manito-Creator,Wásóq-Spiritworld, In My prayers I ask for your help
          to walk in the
          beauty that you have set in front of me. When I encounter ugliness
          please help me to pass safely through it. Please help me also to keep
          control of my own life and not other humans, places or things.
              Welálin-Thank You,Chi-Miigwetch