Daily Meditation~~~~~`>

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2002
      Now available online! "Cherokee Feast of Days Volume III"
      "THINK on THESE THINGS"
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      A lady of much wisdom has often remarked, "If you want to feel well all
      the time and feel alive, you have to keep the rhythm in your body."
      Rhythm, the gentle, easy flow of life.
      Ordinarily we think of keeping time with music when we think of rhythm.
      The very idea of allowing one's self the frivolity of feeling rhythm -
      and such a wonderful idea!
      There is an underlying rhythm to all of living. Wherever there is life,
      there is that pulsating rhythm that has everything on the move. There is
      harmony and there is a subtle smoothness to finding one's own pace. When
      we get out of step and resist that pace, we have "one of those days"
      when everything goes wrong.
      William Shakespeare wrote, "The man that hath no music in himself, nor
      is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, Is fit for treasons,
      stratagems, and spoils; the motions of his spirit are dull as night, and
      his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
      August 5 - Daily Feast
      Those who revel in working the world of the internet and e-mail have
      believed they deleted certain things they sent out - but the words were
      deleted only on the surface. These things can be retrieved and often
      are. Indians have always known this to be true - that if you send out
      any kind of word, it is frozen there in the ethers, forever preserved.
      Silence is truly golden - though most of us discovered it after too many
      things had been spoken. But if our remorse is genuine and we ask to be
      forgiven, those words can become useless and irretrievable. It is
      important that we remove the power of past words and replace them with
      thanksgiving.
      ~ The first peace....is that which comes within the souls of men when
      they realize their relationship, their oneness, with the universe and
      all its Powers. ~
      BLACK ELK - LAKOTA
      'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II' by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      products from the website: http://www.whitebison.org
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - August 5
      "It is a paradox in the contemporary world that in our desire for peace
      we must willingly give ourselves to struggle."
      --Linda Hogan, CHICKASAW
      The Grandfathers have taught us about sacrifice. We have been taught to
      pray for the people in a pitiful way. Struggle and conflict is neither
      good nor bad, it just is. Everything that grows experiences conflict.
      When the deer is born it is through conflict. When the seed first grows,
      it is through conflict. Conflict precedes clarity. Everything has the
      seasons of growth. Recognize - acknowledge - forgive and change. All of
      these things are done through conflict.
      Great Spirit,
      give me the
      courage today