Daily Meditation~~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 56 , Aug 4 7:04 AM
      Now available online! 'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume III'
      Sequichie Hifler. Visit her website to purchase the wonderful books for
      yourself or for loved ones.....and also for those who don't have access
      to the internet: http://www.hifler.com
      THINK on THESE THINGS
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      All the world listens for the voice that speaks with its heart.
      How important is the tone of the voice, no matter what position we hhold
      in life. The voice of authority, the demanding, commanding and
      authoritative voice has little lasting effect upon its audience. But the
      voice of kindness, the cheerful and friendly voice creates receptivity
      that few can resist.
      In the words of Longfellow, "How wonderful is the human voice! It is
      indeed the organ of the soul. The intellect of man sits enthroned
      visibly, on his forehead and in his eye, and the heart of man is written
      on his countenance, but the soul reveals itself in the voice only."
      The voice on the telephone creates a picture for the listner. With the
      business of the world being run to a very great extent by telephone, it
      is of the utmost importance what sort of picture that should be. No
      matter how sharp, strong, hard, flat, weak or soft, that voice creates
      an impression. If only we could have our voices played back, we would
      hear ourselves in one of those categories.
      Even animals and children respond to voices as they truly are. All the
      actions in the world speak loudly, but the voice of love, the voice of
      friendship, and the voice of encouragement are the sweetest of all
      sounds.
      The truly sincere quality on the voice is from the nature within,
      springing from concern for those about us, the divine love, the deep
      feeling for all of life.
      August 3 - Daily Feast
      She is one of those persons whose entire time is given to informing the
      world about what she does not like. It is not a simple opinion but an
      oration spread over a long time and voer many aquaintances. Because
      people are often tolerant, she sits in a gathering with confidence -
      confidence that assures her how many need to hear, "I don't like..." O
      persons, your words are frozen in time, a halo of light or darkness that
      swirls through the ethers like immense flocks of tiny birds hunting
      food. But those words come home to roost, They do not sing, but they
      squawk in complaining sounds and echo in the heads of those who cannot
      like th simplest thing.
      ~ My children, as you travel along life's road never do harm or cause
      anyone sadness. ~
      ANONYMOUS - WINNEBAGO
      'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II' by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      products from the website: http://www.whitebison.org
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - August 3
      "Always remember you are Indian - do things to make your people proud."
      --Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE
      All our choices and decisions will reflect on our people. We need to
      assume the accountability of honoring people. We must remember to
      conduct ourselves in a sacred way. Sometimes this is hard. But we must
      remember we have the assistance of the Spirit World, and we have the
      principles and values by which we should live written in our hearts. The
      Creator will help us develop into a strong people if we just learn to
      depend upon Him.
      Great Spirit,
      lead me on the
      path of the Red
      Road.
      Message 56 of 56 , Jul 13, 2003
        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Sun, Jul 13, 2003, 11:02am To:
        [openfires] July 13 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        openfires@yahoogroups.com
        What is it that keeps us from doing the creative things we want to do?
        Fear of venturing and losing, fear of the unknown? And yet, every day of
        our lives we venture and seldom acknowledge the fact that we didn't
        lose. We too often accomplish something because circumstances forced a
        courage we could not muster from mere desire.
        Frequently we must simply have the audacity to lay aside the taboos we
        have built for ourselves, for fear of appearing foolish, and follow a
        creative curiosity.
        When Robert Louis Stevenson wrote, "Give me a young man with brains
        enough to make a fool of himself," he didn't mean intentionally acting
        foolishly. He meant that a fearlessness of appearing foolish can enable
        us to step outside the realms of what others would call the limits.
        The simplest ventures often bring joy to many, particularly to those who
        in the beginning dared to stand on their own chances of winning or
        losing.
        Summer heat has brought a lull to the meadows. Tiny titmice and bright
        yellow warblers stay close to watering places, and only the locust sings
        on in its raspy tones. It sings to remind us that it is summer and time
        to slow our pace. Hay meadows are dotted with bales, and wheat and beans
        are ready for harvest. Evening is alive with the songs of meadowlarks
        and killdeer, and the mockingbird is the comic that sings in all the
        other bird's voices. It would be impossible to live among the things of
        nature and not pace oneself to them. It is the nature of the Cherokee to
        go to a flowing stream with any problem he may have. And he comes away
        with the best harvest of all, a quiet eye and the peaceful harmony of
        summer.
        ~ I have a good heart, and I want no mistake made this time, to live
        with a good heart and talk truth. ~
        CAPTAIN JACK
        "Grandfather, Great Spirit, once more behold me on earth and lean to
        hear my feeble voice. You lived first, and You are older than all need,
        older than all prayer...You are the life of all things."
        --Black Elk, OGLALA SIOUX
        Great Spirit - Sometimes I don't feel like praying. Sometimes when I
        have done something wrong, I'm ashamed to come to You. Even though You
        have always been there for me, I sometimes choose to stay away. It's
        hard for me to understand what all knowing is. Sometimes it's hard for
        me to see how much You really care. But I know if I take a few minutes
        and think about what I know to be true about You, the things change and
        I am able to realize Your power and Your love. Today, I'll start by
        thinking of You. I'll think about all the times You have helped and
        guided me in the past. You are life, You are love, You are power, You
        are desire, You are truth, Your are principle, You are intelligence, You
        are courage. With You I am everything; without You I am nothing.
        Creator,
        thank You
        for allowing me
        to start my day