Daily Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 87 , Jul 31, 2002
      Now available online! 'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume III'
      Sequichie Hifler. Visit her website to purchase the wonderful books for
      yourself or for loved ones.....and also for those who don't have access
      to the internet: http://www.hifler.com
      THINK on THESE THINGS
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Variety is said to be the spice of life. Anything in which we can
      continually find something new, a difference, will hold our attention
      indefinitely. Even the most interesting work can become monotonous if
      there never is a change. We are a restless people, finding life more
      livable and exciting when we know there is a bit of change in store.
      One isn't always aware of monotony. It is a subtle something that creeps
      silently into a well formed routine. And most are unaware of its
      presence until its victim, interest, begins to lose ground.
      Sometimes a change of pace fulfills a need for variety, but the most
      satisfying is one's ability to lay aside a regular routine to lend a
      hand to a neighbor when he needs it.
      The very old and happy habit of helping your neighbor never found a body
      bored. The hearts of helpers are light, not because they are searching
      for variety, but because variety find them when self is forgotten and
      the need to help a neighbor is the only thought.
      To be truly beautiful, a precious stone must be cut precisely, polished
      expertly, and set in the right mounting. It was no less worthy in its
      original state, but its hidden beauty was where we could not see it.
      People are precious stones as well. They may be covered by a rough
      exterior, but we sense the glow - even before they are polished and
      shaped. With so much emphasis on how we look, there is always work to
      do, and it isn't all on the outside. Pettiness is the ugly bubble in an
      otherwise lovely diamond. Bitterness hides sparkle - but careful
      handling brings out the beautiful facets - and love makes it a treasure.
      ~ We saw everything the great Spirit's work in almost everything: sun,
      moon, trees, wind, and mountains. ~
      WALKING BUFFALO - TATANGA MANI STONEY
      'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II' by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      products from the website: http://www.whitebison.org
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - July 31
      Look behind you. See your sons and your daughters. They are your future.
      Look farther and see your sons' and your daughters' children and their
      children's children even unto the Seventh Generation. That's the way we
      were taught. Think about it: you yourself are a Seventh Generation."
      --Leon Shenandoah, ONONDAGA
      The Creator designed us with a free will. That means we function from
      choices and consequences. It is important that we practice thinking
      about consequences before we make decisions about choices. Every choice
      I make is like setting up dominos one after the other that produce
      consequences. Not just for me but also for my children and for the
      children that are unborn. My choices and decision today will have
      consequences for seven generations. For example, if I work on my own
      spiritual development and I walk the Red Road, the odds are that my
      children will. They will marry and their children will follow the Red
      Road and so will my grandchildren even up to the seventh generation.
      This will happen because of the choices and decisions that I make today.
      Great Spirit,
      grant that the
      choices and
      decisions that I
      make today
      will honor
      Your laws and
      values. May I
      live in peace
      today that will
      ripple into the
      seventh
      generation.
      ----------------------->
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 31, 2003
        Hi All Donna will be posting the daily Meditation starting tomorrow i
        will be on a vacation for until Sept 4th thank you Donna ~Will miss you
        all ~Have a good summer Hugs~~~~~~~>Jeanne

        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 30, 2003, 10:01am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 30 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        We pray for a change, we hope for a change, but we wait impatiently. Is
        God not hearing us? We asked. Where is the answers?
        If our prayers were suddenly answered, would we be ready? Or would we
        look behind us for the familiar things, the people, the habits, the
        routine?
        If we were instantly healed, instantly prospered, instantly sought after
        and loved, then what would we do? Attention, compassion and self-pity
        are sometimes more important than having everything changed for the
        better. The fear of being without something to keep us working with the
        same burden, dealing with familiar pain, can stop us from knowing what
        it is to be free and well.
        If we can envision life without a particular problem we can turn our
        minds to real change and have it happen. If we can see change, receive
        it, and know the joy, then gratitude and thanksgiving sets it in place.
        We talk about choosing our friends, but true friends are self-selected.
        It is they who decide to respond and by what method. And finally they
        make themselves our friends by being loyal and having a genuine concern
        for our well being - or allowing privacy when it is needed.
        Acquaintances wait and judge. And sometimes it is better to be
        acquaintances when we cannot find a common ground on which to be
        friends. There is honesty in admitting we cannot be dear friends to all
        people. But there is always something special. A friend is a unali -
        without question or fear or concern for equal time. This is why friends
        are dear to us. They have chosen to be so.
        ~ The white man does not obey the Great Spirit; that is why the Indian
        never could agree with him. ~
        FLYING HAWK
        "You want to know who's a real medicine man? He's the one who doesn't
        say 'I'm a medicine man.' He doesn't ask you to come to him. You've got
        to go and ask him. And you'll find he's always there among his own
        people."
        --Louis Farmer, ONONDAGA
        The Medicine Man is a role model of what it is like to live in harmony
        and balance with the Creator. It takes a long time, a lot of sacrifice
        and discipline to become a Medicine Man. A Medicine Man is humble and
        never crass about anything. He knows he lives to do the will of the
        Great Spirit. He knows he is to help the people. He lives very low key -
        the more low key he lives, the more people seek him out - and such is
        life. The more one serves the people and is quiet about it, the more he
        is sought out. The quieter he is, the more powerful is his medicine.
        Great Spirit,
        allow me this day
        to be humble.
        Allow me this day