ECTV/Breaking News - NASA Eats Crow, Support For David Whitehouse - BBC News

  • Mitch Battros
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2002
      NASA Eats Crow, Support For David Whitehouse - BBC News...07/30/02
      by Mitch Battros (ECTV)

      Just 24 hours after Nasa attacks Dr. David Whitehouse, science editor for BBC News, they announce a "new" near miss asteroid close enough to see with binoculars.(7/30/02 - 2212 hours) Un-named astronomers have titled this asteroid "2002 NY40". The size has been announced as 800 meters across. The date of the closet fly-by is August 18th.

      Let me take this moment to give my support to correspondent David Whitehouse of BBC News. I have been following his articles for over three years. I have never once witnessed a article he presented that could not be back up with quotes and scientific data. Last week he wrote an article telling of an asteroid heading our way. He titled it "Space Rock 'on Collision Course". This was not a fabrication. It was based on scientific findings at the time of his writing. He quotes Dr Benny Peiser, of Liverpool John Moores University in the UK, who told BBC News Online that "this asteroid has now become the most threatening object in the short history of asteroid detection". The asteroid referred to is titled "2002 NT7".
      David Whitehouse's Report: http://www.earthchangestv.com/secure/0702_4articles/24space.htm

      Today we received an updated article by Nasa which states: "With the processing of a few more observations of asteroid 2002 NT7 through July 28, we can now rule out any Earth impact possibilities for February 1, 2019. While we cannot yet completely rule out an impact possibility on February 1, 2060." http://www.earthchangestv.com/secure/0702_5articles/29asteroid.htm

      Judge for yourself if Mr. Whitehouse was not more accurate then mis-guided. I would suggest the statement made by Nasa "While we cannot yet completely rule out an impact possibility on February 1, 2060." is less than dismissive.

      Now, lets take a look at who the barkers were that came screaming across as if to impose themselves as some form of marshaling authority. It was none other than Tony Phillips. Mr. Phillips has been called on the carpet more than once for trashing non-linear thinkers who are outside the companies control. Tony Phillips has proven himself to be the true "company man". That is until he gets canned for stepping on one to many toes. Upset the wrong "outsider" and you face the fire.

      Mr. Phillips has outlined a method of thinking in which he delivers in his typical 5th grade adolescent style. His advise to those of us who according to him, just don't understand how Nasa works. If you listen closely, you can hear him say "now listen children, sit up straight and don't question the teacher". What Mr. Tony Phillips appears to have overlooked, is that many of us do know how Nasa's public relations works. In a word...pathetic!

      Here is Tony Phillips in his own words: "The next time you see a headline "Killer asteroid threatens Earth!" ask yourself two questions: 1) Have we known about this space rock for more than a week or so? (If not, check again in a month. It probably won't be considered a killer then.) 2) And what are the odds of impact?

      Well well Mr. Phillips, I have a statement for you and the rest of the Nasa Public Relations family. "The next time you see a headline "A one kilometer asteroid just missed Earth yesterday!" ask yourself two questions: 1) Who the hell is watching the store? (If no one, why not, and check again in a month to see if anyone is home."  2) And what are the odds Nasa will miss many more near hits."  signed, your non-compliant student, Mitch Battros. Never mind, I will take myself to the principals office. I doubt you know how to get there.

      Here is Tony's email address if you wish to tell him what you think of his harsh comments for those who think outside the box.
      Tony Phillips - Production Editor and Author:  mailto:phillips@...
      Steve Roy - Media Relations: mailto:steve.roy@...
      Ron Koczor - Responsible NASA official: mailto:ron.koczor@...

      It is people like Mr. Phillips working in Public Relations, which makes him Nasa's own worst enemy. The last thing a PR person wishes to do is isolate the customer and impede interaction. However, this is exactly what Phillips and his crew nourish.
      Here is Phillips article: http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2002/26jul_nt7.htm?list53121

      See Article: "Fighting For Hearts and Minds Over Inclusion Policy": http://www.earthchangestv.com/breaking/May2002/0522inclusion.htm

      Thought For The Day

      " I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him."

                                                                         - Galileo Galilei

      Herbal Magnetic Therapies of America: http://www.herbalmagnetic.com

      http://www.earthchangestv.com