Daily Meditation~~~~`>

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 17, 2002
      Now available online! "Cherokee Feast of Days Volume III"
      "THINK on THESE THINGS"
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      At times, Americans seem too easily taken, too docile to political
      movements, and too indifferent to their own responsibilities as a free
      people. How easy it is to turn our heads and tell ourselves that there
      are intelligent people in high autority looking after our interests and
      that they will never let our freedom be lost. This kind of thinking is a
      fallacy. America still belongs to the people, and it is up to us to tell
      our representatives in Washington that we want it kept that way.
      We are too easily led to believe that we deserve a way of life that
      appears free and easy. But seemingly free handouts will eventually take
      away our freedom unless we decide to personally do something about it.
      Americans are known for their ability to start with a little ingenuity
      and a lot of faith to build powerful financial empires. But in great and
      small there beats a heart of devotion to God and country. In battle, no
      one could display more bravery, more determination, or more loyalty than
      these defenders of America. In the face of seeming defeat, young
      Americans have stood together and fought courageously.
      Now, people of all ages must stand together. We must make our views
      known to the government. We must continually develop within ourselves
      moral, physical, and spiritual strength; and we must pray to God -
      without that faith, all is lost.
      Love has no part of abuse. Claims of great love are really claims of
      great need when there is abuse. Love doesn't abuse. It protects and
      comforts and gives support. Abuse is from possession of evil - the need
      to hurt and destroy. It is a need for a prey - a smaller prey where
      domination is secure. Human need is a net thrown over a thing or a
      person to keep them close and subdued. If escape seems possible the
      possessor turns to tears and persuasion as another way of dominating.
      But love - love is a deep sacred trust that runs through the most common
      acts, the shared hours, the sweetest and most trusting touch. It is the
      miracle of life.
      ~ Why does the agent seek to take away our religion? ~
      SITTING BULL - SIOUX, 1889
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Permisson to repost the daily messages granted by White Bison, Inc., an
      American Indian owned non-profit corporation that produces and
      distributes a variety of books including the "Elder's Meditations",
      video tapes, audio cassettes, t-shirts, mugs, kits, and posters. Order
      for yourself or a loved one here:
      http://www.whitebison.org
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - July 17
      "My friends, how desperately do we need to be loved and to love."
      --Chief Dan George, SKOKOMISH
      Oh my great Creator: Help me this day to love myself. I can't give away
      anything that I don't have myself. If I am to love others, then I must
      love myself. If I am to forgive others, then I am to forgive myself. If
      I am to accept others as they are then I need to accept myself as I am.
      If I am to not judge others, then I need to lighten up on myself. Let me
      experience this power of love...
      My Creator,
      today I will love
      myself so I can
      love my
      neighbor. I will
      look at each
      person today
      and see Your
      light within
      them. If I do
      this, I will hold
      my brothers and
      sisters without
      guilt.
      ----------------------->
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 11, 2002
        Now available online! "Cherokee Feast of Days Volume III"
        "THINK on THESE THINGS"
        by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
        Human beings worry a great deal about what others think. It is a nagging
        worry that somehow the curtain that protects our privacy from the eyes
        of the world will suddenly drop and allow us to see all the things our
        pride has hidden.
        Why is it that we seemingly need to be clever in order to handle the
        world? Why can't we just live honestly and openly, without scheming and
        trying to appear that we are something we are not? The world is so heavy
        laden with priggish pride that the clean simple truth is lost in playing
        it cool. Why can't we quit being something pent up inside and be
        something like sunshine or showers right out here where we can enjoy it
        or get over it?
        Socrates said that the shortest and surest way to live with honor in the
        world is to be in reality what we would appear to be. And we may just as
        well, because if there isn't a good cake under all that frosting,
        someone is going to know it anyway. To drop all pretense and say with
        genuine honesty; "This is the way I am" would be to find a whole new way
        of enjoying the simplicity of being ourselves.
        August 11 - Daily Feast
        Two people in agreement sets a trend. It works well, and it works for
        the good or the bad. Be very careful how you agree with someone,
        particularly if it is destructive. We put down dozens of claims every
        day, though it may sound like speculation. The markers are there by our
        own mouths and though it seems like only words, it sets a trend. If we
        could go back and see what we talked about, what we were afraid of, what
        we said was possible, we could see where we put down the roots as well.
        We have been told that where two agree as touching anything on earth, it
        is established. Do we want that?
        ~ As far as I am concerned, if they are hungry let them eat grass or
        their own dung. ~
        ANDREW MYRICK - TRADER
        'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II' by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
        Elder's Meditation of the Day - August 11
        "May there be peace when we meet."
        --Audrey Shenandoah, ONONDAGA
        The Elders tell us the greatest gift we can seek is peace of mind, to
        walk in balance, to respect all things. For us to do this, we must have
        peace within ourselves and peace within ourselves cannot come unless we
        are walking the path the Creator would have us walk. Sometimes the tests
        on this path are difficult, but we know that each test makes us
        stronger.
        Oh Great
        Spirit, I ask
        You to whisper
        Your wisdom
        in my heart.
        You are the
        only one who
        knows the secret
        to peaceful
        living and the
        mystery of
        harmony.
        Teach me of
        Your peace,
        understanding
        and balance
        and guide me
        onto your good
        path.
        ------------------------>
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 19, 2002
          Available online! "Cherokee Feast of Days Volume III"
          "THINK on THESE THINGS"
          by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
          We are all aware of the emotional effect color creates. And for this
          reason we choose colors that please the eye by first pleasing the inner
          emotions. Certain colors have the same effect on many, while other
          colors affect each of us individually and in particular ways.
          Red has an exciting effect; green is cool serenity, orange is the color
          of vivacity; and brown tones are restful earthy colors. People dress to
          enhance their appearances with certain colors. Homes are decorated and
          offices are planned to create pleasant surroundings.
          And we as individuals possess moods of many colors. Yet, we are far more
          careless about the color of that mood, letting the attitudes and colors
          of others dictate to us how we are to behave. If we could remember when
          we meet people whose moods are black, to remind ourselves that their
          moods are their own, there would be less involvement in the emotions of
          others.
          We are so vividly aware of color, we must not be reckless in recognizing
          the color scheme within our own personality. Whether it is a vibrant
          color, sophisticated, or bright and witty, color always works its subtle
          magic.
          September 19 - Daily Feast
          Eagles soar more surely than we walk - but even so we are eagles in
          spirit. Physical wings are not so important to us if we can free our
          spirits to soar. As a symbol of freedom, the eagle builds its aery
          higher than any other nests and its eyes have vision that can survey
          anything moving far below. It sets its wings to catch the wind and its
          flight is graceful and beautiful. Unlike us, it takes time to renew and
          restore - even its beak is renewed and its old feathers replaced with
          new ones. When we set our minds and spirits to do something, nothing can
          bring us down. But rest and renewal are necessary - and never just
          luxuries to be avoided.
          ~ I am here by the will of the Great Spirit, and by His will I am chief.
          ~
          SITTING BULL - SIOUX
          'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II' by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
          products from their website:
          http://www.whitebison.org
          Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 19
          "I am building myself. There are many roots. I plant, I pick, I prune. I
          consume."
          --Wendy Rose, HOPI/MIWOK
          The most sacred thing on this Mother Earth is life. My life on this
          earth is governed by God's laws, principles and spiritual values. These
          things are my roots. Let me see Your gifts of growing and becoming a
          spiritual warrior. Make my strength based on values - spiritual values;
          on principles and laws, the laws of God that really run the universe. We
          need to realize the seeds we plant in the spring will be what shows up
          in our summer season of growth and will be the fruits that we will
          harvest in our fall season. We really have a lot to do with what shows
          up in our lives.
          Great Spirit, let
          my seed that I
          plant today be