Daily Meditaion~~~~>

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 2002
      Permission graciously given by Joyce Sequichie Hifler.

      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      The setting of the sun on an old year is a kind of summing up time. What
      have you accomplished? What were your goals? Will they be higher in the
      new year?
      Whatever your personal plans and whatever the reasons back of them,
      there are common everyday kinds of people that should be kept in view.
      They have positive outlooks, and are best recognized when sincerely
      listening to a child's words.
      You will see them when they steady the elderly, you will know them by
      their kindness. You will not often hear their prayers as they are for
      their God. But you will know they are to be depended upon and that they
      will not tire of these things, for it is their natural role.
      Think about these people when you set your plans. They are good to
      remember. Your success or failure depends upon these people being you.
      July 8 - Daily Feast
      When Pharaoh was asked when he wanted the plague of frogs removed from
      his land, he said, "Tomorrow." Why not this minute? Why put off, delay,
      procrastinate, when the problem can be resolved this very minute? We can
      be smarter than Pharaoh if we choose things to be changed now. Now is
      the opportune time to speak the word, to work the word, to change the
      destinations. If not now, when? Because tomorrow, there will be another
      tomoroow - or someday. Borrowing from time delays living - but now
      changes the face of many things.
      ~ Why don't you talk, and go straight, and let all be well? ~
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      White Bison, Inc., an American Indian owned non-profit corporation,
      produces and distributes a variety of books including the "Elder's
      Meditations", video tapes, audio cassettes, t-shirts, mugs, kits, and
      posters. Order for yourself or a loved one here:
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - July 8
      "You are going to learn the most important lesson - that God is the most
      powerful thing there is."
      --Mathew King, LAKOTA
      The Medicine Wheel teaches that there are two worlds - the Seen World
      and the Unseen World, or the Physical World and the Spiritual World. We
      need information from both of these worlds in order to live our lives in
      a harmonious way. The most difficult way is to figure things out by
      ourselves and leave the Great Spirit out of it. When we do this, we are
      making decisions with information only from the Physical World. This can
      be called reliance on self. If we ask the Creator to help us, we then
      get information from the Unseen World or the Spiritual World. The
      Spiritual World is where we get our power. When we do this, we are
      God-reliant. Being God-reliant is the same as being on the Red Road.
      Great Spirit,
      whisper the
      secrets of the
      Unseen World