Daily Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 87 , Jul 5, 2002
      Permission graciously given by Joyce Sequichie Hifler. Visit her website
      to purchase the wonderful books by Joyce as gifts for yourself or for
      loved ones......and also for those who don'thave access to the internet:
      http://www.hifler.com
      "THINK on THESE THINGS"
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      In this day of emphasis on right connections with the right people, in
      the right places, at the right time, we must have truly extraordinary
      qualities to become successes on our own.
      They who have worked hard and achieved success often carry a double
      burden by wrongful accusations of being privileged characters. Perhaps
      some to whom doors automatically open because of right connections seem
      to be privileged characters, but they, like dictators, have limited
      existence.
      Having connections may help us on the ladder of life, but it will never
      keep those rungs steady beneath our feet. Only our own greatness keeps
      us tall, sun-crowned. We must have something to give, something to offer
      before we can expect to be truly privilege characters. And then, we will
      have earned the right to our privileges. We are somewhat like God,
      blamed for much we don't do and seldom given credit for the good we have
      done.
      Whatever the future, the world still needs citizens like those J. G.
      Holland wrote about nearly a century ago: "God give us men. The times
      demand strong minds, great hearts, true faith, and willing
      hands.....Tall men, sun-crowned who live above the fog, in public duty
      and in private thinking!"
      A world of things exists that we will never be able to explain. But all
      we have to do is look around us at world events, natural disasters and
      at the cold, clear glint in the eye of ignorance, and know that to be
      somebody we need more than to become clever. The big deals do not make
      us. Little steps, little thoughts, words and little acts - who we are
      and who we will become depends on the small bricks in our foundations.
      What do we have of contentment? It is the measuring stick for wandering
      souls who have lost the way and don't even know it.
      ~ I was living peacefully with my family, having plenty to eat, sleeping
      well, taking care of my people, and perfectly contented. ~
      GERONIMO - APACHE
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      White Bison, Inc., an American Indian owned non-profit corporation,
      produces and distributes a variety of books including the "Elder's
      Meditations", video tapes, audio cassettes, t-shirts, mugs, kits, and
      posters. Order for yourself or a loved one here:
      http://www.whitebison.org
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - July 5
      "It does not require many words to speak the truth."
      --Chief Joseph, NEZ PERCE
      The truth shall set you free. This is the truth. When we speak the
      Truth, we do not need to be defensive. Truth needs no defense. When we
      speak the Truth, we do not need to attack because Truth cannot be
      attacked. It is so easy to want to manipulate or to be deceitful or
      dishonest. My head tells me I can get away with doing these things,
      after all everybody does it.
      My Creator,
      today let me
      know Truth.
      Let me live
      Truth. Let me
      risk the Truth.
      Let me make
      the Truth
      sweet. Help me
      to make my
      word good. Let
      Your spirit and
      intent be added
      to by words.
      Let My thoughts be
      Truth.
      ------------------------>
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 31, 2003
        Hi All Donna will be posting the daily Meditation starting tomorrow i
        will be on a vacation for until Sept 4th thank you Donna ~Will miss you
        all ~Have a good summer Hugs~~~~~~~>Jeanne

        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 30, 2003, 10:01am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 30 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        We pray for a change, we hope for a change, but we wait impatiently. Is
        God not hearing us? We asked. Where is the answers?
        If our prayers were suddenly answered, would we be ready? Or would we
        look behind us for the familiar things, the people, the habits, the
        routine?
        If we were instantly healed, instantly prospered, instantly sought after
        and loved, then what would we do? Attention, compassion and self-pity
        are sometimes more important than having everything changed for the
        better. The fear of being without something to keep us working with the
        same burden, dealing with familiar pain, can stop us from knowing what
        it is to be free and well.
        If we can envision life without a particular problem we can turn our
        minds to real change and have it happen. If we can see change, receive
        it, and know the joy, then gratitude and thanksgiving sets it in place.
        We talk about choosing our friends, but true friends are self-selected.
        It is they who decide to respond and by what method. And finally they
        make themselves our friends by being loyal and having a genuine concern
        for our well being - or allowing privacy when it is needed.
        Acquaintances wait and judge. And sometimes it is better to be
        acquaintances when we cannot find a common ground on which to be
        friends. There is honesty in admitting we cannot be dear friends to all
        people. But there is always something special. A friend is a unali -
        without question or fear or concern for equal time. This is why friends
        are dear to us. They have chosen to be so.
        ~ The white man does not obey the Great Spirit; that is why the Indian
        never could agree with him. ~
        FLYING HAWK
        "You want to know who's a real medicine man? He's the one who doesn't
        say 'I'm a medicine man.' He doesn't ask you to come to him. You've got
        to go and ask him. And you'll find he's always there among his own
        people."
        --Louis Farmer, ONONDAGA
        The Medicine Man is a role model of what it is like to live in harmony
        and balance with the Creator. It takes a long time, a lot of sacrifice
        and discipline to become a Medicine Man. A Medicine Man is humble and
        never crass about anything. He knows he lives to do the will of the
        Great Spirit. He knows he is to help the people. He lives very low key -
        the more low key he lives, the more people seek him out - and such is
        life. The more one serves the people and is quiet about it, the more he
        is sought out. The quieter he is, the more powerful is his medicine.
        Great Spirit,
        allow me this day
        to be humble.
        Allow me this day