Daily Meditation~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 92 , Jul 3, 2002
      Permission graciously given by Joyce Sequichie Hifler.
      "THINK on THESE THINGS"
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Life offers us a great deal of stormy weather. In the beginning we are
      quite strong about it, taking things in stride and moving confidently
      along. The things that test us seem to give us extra strength we didn't
      know belonged to us. And quite suddenly there is an awareness that
      enough is enough. But life doesn't know it, and the storm goes on and so
      do we.
      Even though we are quite willing to give as long as we have to give,
      there seems to be no more stretch to the strength, either spiritually,
      mentally, or physically. We question how much longer, how many more
      times we shall be able to reach into our bag of reserves to borrow
      another ounce of strength.
      Of course, the first thing we must do is to take our minds off the thing
      as we do not want it, and begin to think steadily about how we do want
      it. It allows our creative minds to find the answers. It many mean we
      will have to wait awhile in the dark, but when the light comes, it is
      radiant.
      There are many things that stay our feet along the way, but faith that
      this too will pass can make that way serene.
      Innocence is ours in so many ways. Even the one that has no conscience,
      nothing good to measure life by - this person is innocent. Maybe not of
      wrongdoing but innocent of knowing God exists and knowing him
      intimately. Can this be called innocence? Most would call it ignorance -
      and there's some mixed in. They know nothing of gentleness or kindness,
      but they recognize ruthlessness and the delight of being lawless. These
      innocent consider themselves sophisticated and beyond the ways of love.
      So very sad - because God is love.
      ~ Let us form one body, one heart, and defend to the last warrior our
      country, our homes , our liberty, and the graves of our fathers. ~
      TECUMSEH - SHAWNEE
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      White Bison, Inc., an American Indian owned non-profit corporation,
      produces and distributes a variety of books including the "Elder's
      Meditations", video tapes, audio cassettes, t-shirts, mugs, kits, and
      posters. Order for yourself or a loved one here:
      http://www.whitebison.org
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - July 3
      "When you are in the woods, you cannot ever be lost. You are surrounded
      by friends and  surrounded by God."
      --Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE
      Every plant, every animal, every insect, every bird, every tree is made
      up of God. God is life and everything is alive. When you are hunting,
      remember all nature is your friend. All nature has purpose. All nature
      participates in the life cycle. Nature communicates; Nature talks;
      Nature listens; Nature forgives; Nature respects; Nature loves. Nature
      lives in harmony. Nature follows the law. Nature is kind. Nature is
      balance. The woods are alive and beautiful. She is our friend.

      Great Spirit, let
      me honor and
      respect the
      forest and all
      the life it
      contains.
      Message 92 of 92 , Jul 3, 2003
        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Thu, Jul 3, 2003, 1:22am To:
        [openfires] July 3 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        openfires@yahoogroups.com
        In the frantic search for something that has meaning to life, we have a
        tendency to do a thing simply because everyone else is doing it. It
        becomes a "thing," a fad that must be done to keep on the inside circle.
        There's little originality, little thought, but a lot of following along
        in beaten paths.
        It is a mistaken idea to believe that all I see with my eyes and the
        limits of my thinking are the limits of the world. There is a tremendous
        interesting world out there never before investigated, and I am an
        individual like no one else.
        It is quite marvelous to break through the shell of the middling and to
        discover the ability to see and feel, and to hear more keenly. Suddenly,
        I can feel more kindly, not because of who I am on this earth, but
        because I'm a child of God.
        I can see more color, more light, more vision because I'm not being
        shown, I'm discovering. My world is no longer based on passing fancies,
        but on lasting built slowly within me, with love.
        We are always rich when we have courage. It is not the circumstance in
        which we find ourselves but how we handle it that makes the difference.
        If nothing ever challenged us we might not know our strength - we might
        never feel the power to overcome something that gives us courage to
        tackle another o ta li, mountain. Giving up does not come on us
        suddenly, but we cultivate it on a daily basis. Everything, success or
        failure - or even mediocrity - settles on us as we get ready for it.
        When we think and talk failure, it happens. When we think we can do
        something, we can do it. It takes as much effort to lose as it does to
        win - sometimes more. But to think courage, to think strength, is the
        breath of life.
        ~ Why don't you talk and go straight and all will be well? ~
        BLACK KETTLE