Earth Changes TV/Breaking News - Signs Indicate Awakening Volcano

  • Mitch Battros
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2002
      Signs Indicate Awakening Volcano...07/01/02
      by Mitch Battros (ECTV)

      In the last few days, seismologist have begun to watch Mt. Hood very closely. It is starting to show some signs of waking up. Mt. Hood which is located in the Cascade Volcano Range is showing eerie similarity to the pre-cursor actions of Mt. St. Helens.

      Jim Berkland, Geologist (retired) and who formerly worked for the USGS (United States Geological Survey) sent me a personal email regarding this recent occurrence of Mt. Hood. Here is his statement: "My thoughts are that this seems almost identical to what happened at Mt. St. Helens on March 20, 1980, when a 4.4M quake was followed by several others
      within a week, at least two of which were around 3.5M.  On March 27th it began to erupt simultaneously with my being interviewed by a TV crew shooting "The Invisible, Earthquake and Volcanoes ". When I was asked about Mt. St. Helens I told them I thought "that peak means business and there was at least a 50:50 chance that it would erupt before the year was out, and become the first active volcano in the lower 48 since Mt. Lassen from 1914-1917."

      The USGS just this morning (07/01/02) put out this statement: "Mount Hood earthquake swarm: The strongest earthquake in the Mount Hood area in decades occurred at 07:36 PDT today. The magnitude 4.5 event, which was located about 4.5 km south of the summit at a depth of 6 km, was widely felt. Hundreds of aftershocks followed, including a 3.8 mag. and 3.2 mag." Their report also states Mt. Hood has seen swarms before, but it is yet determined the magnitude or direction of this current event.

      Earthquake Shakes Area Near Mount Hood:
      http://www.earthchangestv.com/secure/Breaking_News/June2002/0630mthood.htm

      USGS Recent EQ List: http://neic.usgs.gov/neis/bulletin/bulletin.html

      Mt. Hood Seismology Site: http://www.ess.washington.edu/SEIS/PNSN/HOOD/hoodrec_eqs.html (has not been updated)

      Solar Weather Update:

      Sunspot activity has been relatively quite. Todays sunspot count is at 111. Yesterday on June 30th, a CME (coronal mass ejection) surged from a newly formed sunspot group titled "number 19". It was not Earth directed. This is a fast growing region and may produce M-Class flares.

      Photo: http://www.spaceweather.com/images2002/30jun02/cme_c3_big.gif

      Watch for "extreme weather" to follow within 48 hours. This will likely bring more "record breaking" weather.

      Equation:
      Sunspots => Solar Flares => Magnetic Shift => Shifting Ocean and Jet Stream Currents => Extreme Weather
      and Human Disruption (mitch battros)

      The Case of the Missing Comets:
      http://www.earthchangestv.com/secure/0702articles/01missing.htm

      Thought For The Day

      "The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking. "

                                                                             - John Kenneth Galbraith

      Herbal Magnetic Therapies of America: http://www.herbalmagnetic.com

      http://www.earthchangestv.com