Daily Meditation~~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 56 , Jun 30, 2002
      Permission graciously given by Joyce Sequichie Hifler.

      "THINK on THESE THINGS"
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      All of us have at sometime questioned our normalcy as human beings. We
      wonder why we did this or that, why we reacted to something so
      violently, or why we failed to react at all. An American author,
      Katherine Fullerton Gerould, has written, "The only glory most of us
      have to hope for is the glory of being normal." And for all our
      questionable actions sometimes, normal people must be those who have
      felt not only the high points, but the low points of their emotions.
      It is not the fact that people run the gamut of their emotions that make
      them normal, but that they have had the ability to right themselves
      before they could impose upon the rights of others.
      The persons who never lose their tempers, nor shed tears, nor refuse to
      respond to other people, but stay day after day in light, shallow
      experience, have never known what it is to come into the center of the
      calm so richly appreciated.
      All of us have made mistakes in behavior, some in ignorance, but more in
      bad taste. Perfection belongs to a higher Source. It is ours to strive
      for, and our mistakes are to use in the growing-up process.
      June 30 - Daily Feast
      Our full attention is like a powerful camera that focuses with such
      lighting and automatic adjustments as to be most potent for
      accomplishment. Inattention is sleeping on the job and the camera
      produces a fuzzy image. Stop and think - what do you want? To do the job
      right? Or to hope you can outrun the competition? Yes, many are running,
      but only on personality. The right look, the right smile, the right
      lingo may work for a time - and then comes the substance. Make it real.
      Make it work. Give it your full attention.
      ~ I must give something of real value to show that my whole being goes
      with the lesser gifts. ~
      CHASED-BY-BEARS - SANTEE YANKTONAO SIOUX, 1867
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      White Bison, Inc., an American Indian owned non-profit corporation,
      produces and distributes a variety of books including the "Elder's
      Meditations", video tapes, audio cassettes, t-shirts, mugs, kits, and
      posters. Order for yourself or a loved one here:
      http://www.whitebison.org
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - June 30
      "Words hypnotize and deceive everyone at one time or another, but these
      hypnotic words cannot last long in the hearts of true warriors."
      --Barney Bush, SHAWNEE
      We are a part of an interconnected system. Words in themselves have no
      meaning. It is the spirit and intent behind the words that really show
      the meaning. We are connected to each other at the center of the atom
      which makes up the air and our body. The center of the air's atom system
      is connected to the center of our body's system. I am connected to you
      and you are connected to me in the center of our being. If my words have
      no meaning, you can feel this through the center of your being.
      Great Spirit,
      help me make
      my word good.
      Let me do the
      things I say I
      will, and let me
      say the things I
      will do - and
      do it.
      ---------------------->
      Message 56 of 56 , Jul 13, 2003
        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Sun, Jul 13, 2003, 11:02am To:
        [openfires] July 13 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        openfires@yahoogroups.com
        What is it that keeps us from doing the creative things we want to do?
        Fear of venturing and losing, fear of the unknown? And yet, every day of
        our lives we venture and seldom acknowledge the fact that we didn't
        lose. We too often accomplish something because circumstances forced a
        courage we could not muster from mere desire.
        Frequently we must simply have the audacity to lay aside the taboos we
        have built for ourselves, for fear of appearing foolish, and follow a
        creative curiosity.
        When Robert Louis Stevenson wrote, "Give me a young man with brains
        enough to make a fool of himself," he didn't mean intentionally acting
        foolishly. He meant that a fearlessness of appearing foolish can enable
        us to step outside the realms of what others would call the limits.
        The simplest ventures often bring joy to many, particularly to those who
        in the beginning dared to stand on their own chances of winning or
        losing.
        Summer heat has brought a lull to the meadows. Tiny titmice and bright
        yellow warblers stay close to watering places, and only the locust sings
        on in its raspy tones. It sings to remind us that it is summer and time
        to slow our pace. Hay meadows are dotted with bales, and wheat and beans
        are ready for harvest. Evening is alive with the songs of meadowlarks
        and killdeer, and the mockingbird is the comic that sings in all the
        other bird's voices. It would be impossible to live among the things of
        nature and not pace oneself to them. It is the nature of the Cherokee to
        go to a flowing stream with any problem he may have. And he comes away
        with the best harvest of all, a quiet eye and the peaceful harmony of
        summer.
        ~ I have a good heart, and I want no mistake made this time, to live
        with a good heart and talk truth. ~
        CAPTAIN JACK
        "Grandfather, Great Spirit, once more behold me on earth and lean to
        hear my feeble voice. You lived first, and You are older than all need,
        older than all prayer...You are the life of all things."
        --Black Elk, OGLALA SIOUX
        Great Spirit - Sometimes I don't feel like praying. Sometimes when I
        have done something wrong, I'm ashamed to come to You. Even though You
        have always been there for me, I sometimes choose to stay away. It's
        hard for me to understand what all knowing is. Sometimes it's hard for
        me to see how much You really care. But I know if I take a few minutes
        and think about what I know to be true about You, the things change and
        I am able to realize Your power and Your love. Today, I'll start by
        thinking of You. I'll think about all the times You have helped and
        guided me in the past. You are life, You are love, You are power, You
        are desire, You are truth, Your are principle, You are intelligence, You
        are courage. With You I am everything; without You I am nothing.
        Creator,
        thank You
        for allowing me
        to start my day